USMB Coffee Shop IV

BTW, we came back to Roswell yesterday after ordering bamboo flooring for the house.

10023750_rs

I will go back up next week, clean and paint plus a tiny bit of drywall repair. Hopefully my real estate broker will find someone who can help me install the flooring then back to Roswell over the weekend. The week of the 2nd we'll head back to the house with the bedroom and the cats, that way the wife can be close to UNM. We then have 3 weeks to move the rest of the household and clean the rental.
One neighbor in ABQ already stopped over to say hello and we talked for a while.

FYI Foxfyre…

Central Perk is a coffee house in New York on NBC sitcom Friends. The six main protagonists frequently visited Central Perk throughout the series. It is situated in New York City's Greenwich Village, in the same apartment block as Monica's apartment.
Central Perk | Friends Central | Fandom powered by Wikia
friends.wikia.com/wiki/Central_Perk
I must be getting old-I thought everybody knew about Friends. My other thought would have got crickets-The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. Same theme, different era.
One has to watch anything other than the news to know anything about any sitcoms........ I know very little to nothing about sitcoms, I prefer my brain cells remain intact....... :eusa_whistle:
When I watched Dobie Gillis, there were only 3 networks each with an hour news broadcast. Watching Walter Cronkite helped keep your brain cells intact-now the so called newsmen like Don Lemon rot your brain.

FYI Foxfyre…

Central Perk is a coffee house in New York on NBC sitcom Friends. The six main protagonists frequently visited Central Perk throughout the series. It is situated in New York City's Greenwich Village, in the same apartment block as Monica's apartment.
I must be getting old-I thought everybody knew about Friends. My other thought would have got crickets-The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. Same theme, different era.
One has to watch anything other than the news to know anything about any sitcoms........ I know very little to nothing about sitcoms, I prefer my brain cells remain intact....... :eusa_whistle:
When I watched Dobie Gillis, there were only 3 networks each with an hour news broadcast. Watching Walter Cronkite helped keep your brain cells intact-now the so called newsmen like Don Lemon rot your brain.
I spent about a third of my childhood in the Pacific, military brat. The first was Guam where I started kindergarten in 1959......... TV? What was that?

Well, so much has been going on that I don't even want to talk about it.. Luckily though, happiness prevails and I just won the Coffee Shop perfecta .. Ladies Gracie, Kat and Foxfyre posted, I call that a win..:113:

Doesn't happen that often all on the same day, does it. I like it too. And when Lumpy chimes in as well, that's the cherry on top. :)

I'm guessing to agree and
Well, so much has been going on that I don't even want to talk about it.. Luckily though, happiness prevails and I just won the Coffee Shop perfecta .. Ladies Gracie, Kat and Foxfyre posted, I call that a win..:113:
I think it makes all of us winners. Did you notice that Earnie reported in earlier this week, too? Not one of the grand dames but an old friend who had been MIA for a while.
Good to see you back, too, Lumpy!

I agree .. I'm glad Ernie showed up and me, I've really faded on posting much, I highly suspect I've become boring... :dunno:
You, boring! I would never have thought so. I do suspect that we all go through some slow spells, though. I know I've been a little (lot?) lame lately. Too tired and I hurt too much most of the time to be interesting. Hopefully surgery in July will eliminate this soul-deadening pain...

FYI Foxfyre…

Not with this crowd. As a group we are fairly...well seasoned.

Just a quick stop by the CS. It's raining, again. Off-and-on the past couple of days. I've too many projects to slow down but I'm considering granting myself the afternoon off after feeding the critters. My hip has been particularly difficult to deal with the past couple of weeks and I usually manage to power through the pain.
Found two of these yesterday afternoon:
more babies.jpg

There may be more, last I looked, she only had four eggs in the nest. But these are my first turkey poults. Hopefully there will be many more. Mom should be bringing them out any time now and I am anxious because it's so wet.

Missed my favorite 1-day sports event by one day....shit.

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing is today....Broomed 4 hours of other plans to watch....

Can't wait...

Wait, so the Indy 500 and Coca-cola 600 are today?

They've always been the same day....Tony Stewart attempted to finish both races 20 years ago.

Tony Stewart ran Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600 in same day 20 years ago – Sports News Bay

For some reason, I was thinking they were yesterday.

Good finish for the Indy 500. Exciting.

Simon Pagenaud: Congratulations to the son of a grocer who realized his dream this day.

Waiting on the PS50 to confirm, but it looks like the post office converted me to a career position as of today.

Woo hoo! Nothing like job security to make a person feel more secure. You've had a long spell of not-quite-security so congratulations that the ordeal is finally over.

Are you going to keep your landscape business going?

Probably, I already decided to only work with existing customers, unless the job is exceptionally interesting.

Attributed to Bob Bertino who is an electrician or something somewhere. . .I think I'll use this as an example of what critical thinking is:

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said 'nothing'.

The reason I said 'nothing' instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she then would have asked 'about what?'
At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question:
Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they "know"?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really "know", here is the reason for my conclusion.
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case. Time for another beer, and then maybe a nap in that hammock.​

His behavior MAY lead to a kick in the nuts....

...oh bronchitis is attempting to kill me, stupid cough....

A tablespoon of cider vinegar and one or two tablespoons honey mixed in a cup or mug of water hot enough you have to sip carefully or it will burn. Take several times during the day. It almost always helps.

Sounds like a salad dressing, I am not a salad :)

Trust me. It doesn't taste like a salad dressing--the closest thing it resembles would be hot lemonade. But it is amazing how well it works with many upper respiratory kinds of stuff especially if you use raw regional honey.

Missed my favorite 1-day sports event by one day....shit.

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing is today....Broomed 4 hours of other plans to watch....

Can't wait...

Wait, so the Indy 500 and Coca-cola 600 are today?

They've always been the same day....Tony Stewart attempted to finish both races 20 years ago.

Tony Stewart ran Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600 in same day 20 years ago – Sports News Bay

Well boys and girls another milestone has been reached... Believe it or not I was there 20 years ago, at CMS (Charlotte Motor Speedway that is)… I lived at the time about 50 miles from IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway) but I had divorced open wheel racing back in 1977 because of a issue with the Indiana State Police an a invitation the gave me to spend the night in the Marion County Jail... No more open wheel racing for me... I showed them... I made the jump to NASCAR when they came to Indy and done the Brickyard... 1994... I was there also... Didn't divorce IMS just open wheel racing...
Anyway 2 really good buddies, my wife and I went to Charlotte for the 600... I was all ready a very loyal Tony Stewart fan... He reminded me of A.J. Foyt… He was not politically correct, said exactly what was on his mind and if he was good enough to race for Joe Gibbs, it was a Dun Deal... And I knew he could out race jeffy gordonisky...
It was a great race and quite an experience... I no longer follow NASCAR very closely... Seen where Bowyer and Newman settled an issue with their fists the other day... During the heyday went to 4 different races... IMS, Indianapolis, In - Martinsville Speedway, Martinsville, VA- Charlotte Motor Speedway, Charlotte, NC and my favorite Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol Tn...

Life is good...

Last edited:

Doesn't happen that often all on the same day, does it. I like it too. And when Lumpy chimes in as well, that's the cherry on top. :)

I think it makes all of us winners. Did you notice that Earnie reported in earlier this week, too? Not one of the grand dames but an old friend who had been MIA for a while.

I agree .. I'm glad Ernie showed up and me, I've really faded on posting much, I highly suspect I've become boring... :dunno:
You, boring! I would never have thought so. I do suspect that we all go through some slow spells, though. I know I've been a little (lot?) lame lately. Too tired and I hurt too much most of the time to be interesting. Hopefully surgery in July will eliminate this soul-deadening pain...

I'm sorry that your suffering from pain and I'm kinda familiar with that kinda dilemma. Best to You. I usually post politics but nowadays politics is epic lame., it's difficult to post with a smile.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
GallantWarrior for pain relief and healing,
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

Wishing everybody a great Monday. But take time to remember too:
memorial-day-hours-of.jpg

I'm sorry that your suffering from pain and I'm kinda familiar with that kinda dilemma. Best to You. I usually post politics but nowadays politics is epic lame., it's difficult to post with a smile.
Thanks for the good thoughts. Yep, politics is epic lame anymore. Even if you post with humor, many others there are totally humorless. I like it here in the CS 'cause fo'ks is fo'ks here.
I despise allowing anyone to cut into me, so agreeing to surgery is a pretty clear sign that I hurt, badly. I hate it when the doc asks "on a scale of 1 to 10, describe your pain". There are times now when I'm hitting a 20 pretty regularly! I can barely run away from my killer turkey!
Today is looking a lot better than yesterday. By the time I got home, it was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. By the time I was done with chores, I was soaked through. The sun's out and today will be much nicer, I'm thinking.
I have come up with a way to overcome being overrun by the goats when I go to feed them. I am putting up an enclosure outside the gate. That way, I can move the feed into the outer enclosure, close that off and when I open the main gait the beasts will be trapped and unable to run off. I can hardly wait for today's WTF moment. The seven males in the lower pen do respond to a brandished stick and a command to "Get BACK!" but the kids are unresponsive to reasonable demands of that nature.

Thanks for the good thoughts. Yep, politics is epic lame anymore. Even if you post with humor, many others there are totally humorless. I like it here in the CS 'cause fo'ks is fo'ks here.
I despise allowing anyone to cut into me, so agreeing to surgery is a pretty clear sign that I hurt, badly. I hate it when the doc asks "on a scale of 1 to 10, describe your pain". There are times now when I'm hitting a 20 pretty regularly! I can barely run away from my killer turkey!
Today is looking a lot better than yesterday. By the time I got home, it was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. By the time I was done with chores, I was soaked through. The sun's out and today will be much nicer, I'm thinking.
I have come up with a way to overcome being overrun by the goats when I go to feed them. I am putting up an enclosure outside the gate. That way, I can move the feed into the outer enclosure, close that off and when I open the main gait the beasts will be trapped and unable to run off. I can hardly wait for today's WTF moment. The seven males in the lower pen do respond to a brandished stick and a command to "Get BACK!" but the kids are unresponsive to reasonable demands of that nature.

Do you have to wait until July for your surgery? With the pain you are describing you should have it now.

Forum List

Back