USMB Coffee Shop IV

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg
Kind of like Friends at Central Perk?

Not familiar with Central Perk. I've always thought of it as more like Cheers.

But welcome to the Coffee Shop Third Party. We're happy you found us. Just pull up a chair or bar stool and join right in. You'll feel at home in no time.

th

Ah, are you from New York State? I can't imagine anybody who isn't from there knowing about a local hangout like that. Looks like a place I would enjoy though.

By the way, I forgot earlier--was posting on the fly--but first timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage:

wimbledon-cocktail-103538_L.jpg

FYI Foxfyre…

Central Perk is a coffee house in New York on NBC sitcom Friends. The six main protagonists frequently visited Central Perk throughout the series. It is situated in New York City's Greenwich Village, in the same apartment block as Monica's apartment.
Central Perk | Friends Central | Fandom powered by Wikia
friends.wikia.com/wiki/Central_Perk

Ah, I never watched that show. But there is a Central Perk Cafe in a small town in New York that I found when I googled it. But I have added to my education today. :)

5 days into the new job, I've worked 50+ hours and I'm working all weekend. My feet hurt; I stand all day. I don't know how long I'll be comfortable always doing 10+ hour shifts, but for now I'll just try to be happy about the OT money.

Invest in some of those great soles with gel insoles. It will make all the difference. I have had one standing all day job in the past and did it for a year--it was a stop gap jobs between career positions--and I was about your age at the time. It's doable. But you do need really good shoes that not only help your feet feel better but all your body in general.

I've got some insoles arriving tomorrow. :)

Well, so much has been going on that I don't even want to talk about it.. Luckily though, happiness prevails and I just won the Coffee Shop perfecta .. Ladies Gracie, Kat and Foxfyre posted, I call that a win..:113:

Doesn't happen that often all on the same day, does it. I like it too. And when Lumpy chimes in as well, that's the cherry on top. :)

I'm guessing to agree and
Well, so much has been going on that I don't even want to talk about it.. Luckily though, happiness prevails and I just won the Coffee Shop perfecta .. Ladies Gracie, Kat and Foxfyre posted, I call that a win..:113:
I think it makes all of us winners. Did you notice that Earnie reported in earlier this week, too? Not one of the grand dames but an old friend who had been MIA for a while.
Good to see you back, too, Lumpy!

I agree .. I'm glad Ernie showed up and me, I've really faded on posting much, I highly suspect I've become boring... :dunno:

FYI Foxfyre…

Central Perk is a coffee house in New York on NBC sitcom Friends. The six main protagonists frequently visited Central Perk throughout the series. It is situated in New York City's Greenwich Village, in the same apartment block as Monica's apartment.
I must be getting old-I thought everybody knew about Friends. My other thought would have got crickets-The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. Same theme, different era.

Missed my favorite 1-day sports event by one day....shit.

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing is today....Broomed 4 hours of other plans to watch....

Can't wait...

Not that much of a racing fan except that our granddaughter became a rabid NASCAR fan so we sort of have to keep up with that a bit now. But I have always loved Simon and Garfunkle. :)

FYI Foxfyre…

I must be getting old-I thought everybody knew about Friends. My other thought would have got crickets-The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. Same theme, different era.

Not at all. Ridgerunner picked up on it immediately. And of course I know about "Friends" and am a fan of many of the actors on that show, but I never watched the actual show. Don't know why. Just didn't. I did watch Dobie Gillis however. Haven't thought about that in a long time though.

Missed my favorite 1-day sports event by one day....shit.

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing is today....Broomed 4 hours of other plans to watch....

Can't wait...

Wait, so the Indy 500 and Coca-cola 600 are today?

FYI Foxfyre…

One has to watch anything other than the news to know anything about any sitcoms........ I know very little to nothing about sitcoms, I prefer my brain cells remain intact....... :eusa_whistle:

All the bearings are moving in a straight line. Pick one and follow it. I still don't understand how this works though.

Optical illusion, how our brain processes what the eyes see.

But even when you follow the one bearing the others seem to be moving differently. And it is impossible to follow more than one bearing's movement at a time. Weird. And frustrating in a good way. Like Darkwind said, very cool.

All the bearings are moving in a straight line. Pick one and follow it. I still don't understand how this works though.

Optical illusion, how our brain processes what the eyes see.

But even when you follow the one bearing the others seem to be moving differently. And it is impossible to follow more than one bearing's movement at a time. Weird. And frustrating in a good way. Like Darkwind said, very cool.

Yes, it's how our brains interpret what we see, what we're seeing doesn't always make sense but it's how our brain sees it, i.e. how we understand what we are looking at. We don't necessarily understand how and why this happens but we know it does happen all the time.

Doesn't happen that often all on the same day, does it. I like it too. And when Lumpy chimes in as well, that's the cherry on top. :)

I'm guessing to agree and
I think it makes all of us winners. Did you notice that Earnie reported in earlier this week, too? Not one of the grand dames but an old friend who had been MIA for a while.
Good to see you back, too, Lumpy!

I agree .. I'm glad Ernie showed up and me, I've really faded on posting much, I highly suspect I've become boring... :dunno:

Wrong. You're never boring to us Lumpy.

Forum List

Back