USMB Coffee Shop IV

Believe it or not I hadn't seen either of these posts when I asked when Eggplant Parm day is -- it just happens to be my favoritest meal in the world -- as long as it's baked, never fried. Fried is common and cheap, but when they take the time to bake -- mamamia, nothing like it.

Mr. Mertex makes fun of me when we go to an Italian Restaurant and I order the Eggplant Parmigiana.....but, some places fix it really good. Carinos does a pretty good job....better than Olive Garden's.

I first came across fried eggplant in a Restaurant in DC. I thought they were potato wedges, but so glad I tried them. They've been in my diet ever since.....not the fried ones, they are too much trouble to fix, but I love them sliced, brushed with Olive Oil and grilled or roasted in the oven.
Olive Garden is more of a fast food Italian restaurant. I find Macaroni Grill is tops for Italian restaurants. They make an outstanding Eggplant Parmesan ... :thup:

I like Macaroni Grill's too, but when I go there, I have to order the Chicken Scalloppini...
it is to die for...

348s.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Mr. Mertex makes fun of me when we go to an Italian Restaurant and I order the Eggplant Parmigiana.....but, some places fix it really good. Carinos does a pretty good job....better than Olive Garden's.

I first came across fried eggplant in a Restaurant in DC. I thought they were potato wedges, but so glad I tried them. They've been in my diet ever since.....not the fried ones, they are too much trouble to fix, but I love them sliced, brushed with Olive Oil and grilled or roasted in the oven.
Olive Garden is more of a fast food Italian restaurant. I find Macaroni Grill is tops for Italian restaurants. They make an outstanding Eggplant Parmesan ... :thup:

I like Macaroni Grill's too, but when I go there, I have to order the Chicken Scalloppini...
it is to die for...

348s.jpg

That looks like the results of an upset stomach........ Just sayin'........

Believe it or not I hadn't seen either of these posts when I asked when Eggplant Parm day is -- it just happens to be my favoritest meal in the world -- as long as it's baked, never fried. Fried is common and cheap, but when they take the time to bake -- mamamia, nothing like it.

I find most of the "Italian" chains to be mediocre at best and Macaroni Grill to be way too expensive for the quality and quantity of food they serve.

it is to die for...

348s.jpg

Really. Are we sure it isn't made of rubber and sold in a prank store?

Today is day three of vacation with my little one. Yesterday, it stormed like crazy and so little Miss Statalina said in honor of the rain that she wanted to go into SeaLife Aquarium (which we just visited last month). The real reason for her desire to go was obviously a certain stuffed animal in the gift shop that she wanted last time.... and so we went and just had a ball. And she got her stuffed animal, which then 'slept' in her bed with her last night.

Then, since she has sprouted more than one inch in the 4 weeks I didn't see her, it was time to go through a lot of clothing to see what still fits. Oh, my, how they suddenly grow.

And then we played games for 2 hours solid. Games, games, games, games, games, games... it was fantastic. She loves every kind of "memory" game out there. And the kid is a real card shark. Never play "go fish" with a little Statalina, she will clean your clock!

And of course, the day ended with a Barbie-film, cuz we all know that burly Daddies just love Barbie. LOL.

In the middle of the night, an enormous storm hit and most of the block was without electricity, except for the part of the street closest to the train tracks. So, we got lucky.

It is still raining and so little Miss Statalina has decided that we go to an indoor playground/park/play-o-rama called Jackolino, about 10 miles away. We will pack a picnic bag and in about an hour, we are gone for at least 6 hours. She knows that soon we will be taking the big, big, big trips to places like Legoland and Phantasialand (only one half hour away) and Paris Disney (four hours away)... and so she is just delighted to get to play, play, play, play.

I just told her that before we go, we will get in our 15 minutes of reading time and before I could get the sentence out of my mouth, she was already on her way to get a book out of her room. My, how Jackalino can motivate a small kid.

Wonderful, just wonderful.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

-Stat

it is to die for...

348s.jpg

In that case, I'll order the upset stomach. I've had that dish before, and pictures don't do it justice. It is real good, and literally melts in your mouth ... :thup:

So this morning I have to go for bloodwork. Seems as though this is now a requirement every 3 months in order to have medications refilled.

But that isn't what struck me at 6:30 am this morning. Today is Wednesday in late July and by Friday it will be August, right?

So why was the temperature outside only 57 F? :eek:

Why are there flocks of geese acting as though Fall has arrived?

Are we about to lose a month of Summer?

This is just really weird weather that we are having right now.

Time for another cuppa joe and then it is a matter of trying to make it through the day while this cold is only on day 3 of 7.

/sigh

it is to die for...

348s.jpg

Ewwww......not so....it is really good.

Morning all and can't believe it is Wednesday again already. My goodness it seems like every other day is Wednesday here.

But we are on our way for the surgery so back sometime. Thanks for the prayers, well wishes, and moral support everybody. Poor Hombre is trying to keep optimistic, but he's not succeeding really well. It will be better after it is over I think. Later all.

Morning all and can't believe it is Wednesday again already. My goodness it seems like every other day is Wednesday here.

But we are on our way for the surgery so back sometime. Thanks for the prayers, well wishes, and moral support everybody. Poor Hombre is trying to keep optimistic, but he's not succeeding really well. It will be better after it is over I think. Later all.
Hope all goes well with the surgery, Foxfyre. My prayers are with you and Hombre for a successful surgery, and speedy recovery. :)

Forum List

Back