USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning all and can't believe it is Wednesday again already. My goodness it seems like every other day is Wednesday here.

I know what you mean, I seem to be forever cleaning my teeth at bedtime. The days just flash past. To me it always seems to be Sunday, as the week just rushes past.

Morning all and can't believe it is Wednesday again already. My goodness it seems like every other day is Wednesday here.

But we are on our way for the surgery so back sometime. Thanks for the prayers, well wishes, and moral support everybody. Poor Hombre is trying to keep optimistic, but he's not succeeding really well. It will be better after it is over I think. Later all.

Will be praying.

i130913blondie.jpg

So this morning I have to go for bloodwork. Seems as though this is now a requirement every 3 months in order to have medications refilled.

But that isn't what struck me at 6:30 am this morning. Today is Wednesday in late July and by Friday it will be August, right?

So why was the temperature outside only 57 F? :eek:

Why are there flocks of geese acting as though Fall has arrived?

Are we about to lose a month of Summer?

This is just really weird weather that we are having right now.

Time for another cuppa joe and then it is a matter of trying to make it through the day while this cold is only on day 3 of 7.

/sigh

Oh that reminds me, I had my bloodwork analyzed yesterday. All metrics are improved, cholesterol, sugar, BP, everything. Even though the followup was really supposed to happen in September and got mis-scheduled. The cholesterol was I think 122 so not all the way there but definitely improved. So we shall stay the course on the Red Yeast Rice and follow up in a year. So apparently the RYR, or the combination of that and other things, is working. BP 110 over 70, much more like normal for me.

Weight according to her scale was down 53 lbs. from when I walked in in the winter, but my own scale read as much as 58 (for Noomi, Dajjal, Stats and the rest of the world that's around 25 kg)

Off to the western part of the state today (or tomorrow) to help a friend rescue a disabled car...

Last edited:
So this morning I have to go for bloodwork. Seems as though this is now a requirement every 3 months in order to have medications refilled.

But that isn't what struck me at 6:30 am this morning. Today is Wednesday in late July and by Friday it will be August, right?

Time for another cuppa joe and then it is a matter of trying to make it through the day while this cold is only on day 3 of 7.

/sigh

Global warming???
It's 73 here in Foley, 65 years to the day since my mother gave birth to her wonderful son Ernest.
Busy busy busy! I've finished a 3rd poker table and will be adding a 3rd day with Texas Hold'em tournaments at Doc's
Saturday before last, we imported a band from Mobile called the Tommy Morse Band. The drummer (Stacy) is a sign painter/artist by day and we introduced him to a good friend and customer, Jack who is opening a pizza place a short trip from the bar.
Stacy completed Jimmy Jax front window yesterday and I thought you folks might appreciate his work.

10413399_1434367913517474_3626609500925661489_n.jpg

So, if anyone is wondering what I want for my birthday, Maybe you could arrange for me to win at poker tonight.

It's just 55° here in Middle Appalachia, prolly hit 50 or so during the night and will prolly hit the 40s this week. This is July, right?
Expecting several days of rain starting tomorrow.

I have my propane delivery (got a good price of $2.49/gal) and heaping stacks of firewood from all the tree chopping so --- I'm ready for the next vortex. :eusa_whistle:

/sigh

We went for a picnic on Monday to Liberty Park, and there were several dozen of what looked like Canadian geese in the big pond.

Happy Birthday Ernie!

Here ya go, put some meat on dem scrawny bones:

happy-birthday-cake-pictures-with-candle.jpg

And don't forget --- "act your age"... :scared1:

How am I supposed to act? I've never been 65 before.

Baldwin County Alabama has already given me a great present. My property tax assessment is FROZEN!

I was referring to the number of candles on the cake actually... ;)

Hmm 65... far as I know you're supposed to take an interest in shuffleboard, sit around on the bench in front of Wal-Mart and then go home and intone "hey you kids, get off my lawn".

I'd go with the cake. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back