USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'll trade ya a crop of weeds for some blackberries........... :D

Did I mention what the only thing I have more than blackberries is? :eusa_hand:

I planted 4 eggplant plants and they have been very prolific. I'm the only one that likes eggplant....so I'm having to eat one every day......and still, many will have to go into the compost bin.

You have an eggplant glut??!

(/goes to GPS, enters "San Antonio")

One thing you could do is make a slew of Eggplant Parm and then freeze it.

Until I get there...

Mayo, taco sauce, cayenne pepper and horseradish in proper proportion on an onion ring!
That sounds good. Would also like to try that on a blooming onion. It's an appetizer that you get at places like The Outback. They provide a sauce, but I'll bet your spicy horseradish mayo with taco sauce and cayenne pepper would be better...:thup:

Actually the same. Hint. Hint. Nudge. Nudge.

Grin grin, wink wink, say n'more...

Did you know Python got together and did one last hurrah, just a week ago? The whole thing here.

Just had a major monsoon t-storm come through, streets temporarily turned into rivers. It's cleared off for now but we have flash flood warnings in place till tomorrow afternoon with more storms expected.

Okay, this is genius. Absolute genius:

10525792_278619125655648_7885464170842324297_n.jpg

BUT. . . .

Hombre and I spent quite a few years doing safety inspections in all manner of settings and we recommended hand holds and hand rails on indoor and out door steps and step ups again and again and again. And they still aren't listening to us. :(

That's shaker style under stair storage.

This is the typical colonial under stair storage set up:

Under-stair-storage-designs-761.jpg

On this day in history July 29. . .

In 1981 – Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer were married at St. Paul's Cathedral in London. It was the most famous and most watched wedding in all of history with a worldwide television audience of an estimated 1 billion people. Needless to say, it was an event of which story books are written but as we all know did not result in happily ever after or have a story book ending. We will hope a much happier life for William and Kate.

PRINCE-CHARLES-AND-LADY-D-007.jpg

Also on this day in 1987 – British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President of France François Mitterrand sign the agreement to build the Eurotunnel under the English Channel or as affectionately known, the 'Chunnel'. Construction would not begin until 1988 and it would be completed on time in October 1990. It was an amazing engineering feat culminating a vision that had actually been on the drawing boards over the years since 1802.

I have travelled through the Chunnel via train on a number of occasions. Weird feeling knowing how much water is around you when you are going through that thing...

How long does that take, country to country?

I've only done it by ferry.

On this day in history July 29. . .

In 1981 – Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer were married at St. Paul's Cathedral in London. It was the most famous and most watched wedding in all of history with a worldwide television audience of an estimated 1 billion people. Needless to say, it was an event of which story books are written but as we all know did not result in happily ever after or have a story book ending. We will hope a much happier life for William and Kate.

PRINCE-CHARLES-AND-LADY-D-007.jpg

Also on this day in 1987 – British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President of France François Mitterrand sign the agreement to build the Eurotunnel under the English Channel or as affectionately known, the 'Chunnel'. Construction would not begin until 1988 and it would be completed on time in October 1990. It was an amazing engineering feat culminating a vision that had actually been on the drawing boards over the years since 1802.

I have travelled through the Chunnel via train on a number of occasions. Weird feeling knowing how much water is around you when you are going through that thing...

How long does that take, country to country?

I've only done it by ferry.

Got on a TGV in Münster, switched trains in Amsterdam, ended up on the other side.

The ride itself is not all that long once you hit the chunnel and it is a straight line.

[MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION]

A special cup for you, my friend.:D

2d142946f05fb44d938837f59b89fe81.jpg

I am being mocked and it's not fair. :lol: I had a one night stand in College (it was terrible) and the chick has this song on auto-rewind for what seemed like hours.

Now tell me....would this get anybody's mojo going? Seriously?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had another batch of heavy t-storms move through. Good we need the rain, bad we don't need the flooding, good no fire danger.....

Last edited:
Yes, those are Russian Blues.

freedombecki wouldn't be gone this long without a good reason. Thinking good thoughts and wishing her strength and a calm mind to meet any challenge.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Maybe I missed it, but a former Coffee Shopper has passed, Saltshaker. Been awhile since he posted here. May a crown be yours now kind sir.

I planted 4 eggplant plants and they have been very prolific. I'm the only one that likes eggplant....so I'm having to eat one every day......and still, many will have to go into the compost bin.
That's a crying shame, it saddens me to see food go to waste ... :(

Eggplant is a unique food in that if you haven't eaten it before, you may or may not like it depending on how it's cooked. If you bread it and deep fry the eggplant, it's quite good. Same for eggplant parmigiana. You can make eggplant parmigiana without frying the eggplant, just dip the peeled and sliced eggplant in egg and then Italian bread crumbs, and then bake it at 350F for 5 minutes. Then dip each eggplant slice in tomato sauce, place in baking dish and add shredded mozzarella, and grated parmesan cheese on top of each layer. Bake for 35 minutes at 350F.

Believe it or not I hadn't seen either of these posts when I asked when Eggplant Parm day is -- it just happens to be my favoritest meal in the world -- as long as it's baked, never fried. Fried is common and cheap, but when they take the time to bake -- mamamia, nothing like it.

Mr. Mertex makes fun of me when we go to an Italian Restaurant and I order the Eggplant Parmigiana.....but, some places fix it really good. Carinos does a pretty good job....better than Olive Garden's.

I first came across fried eggplant in a Restaurant in DC. I thought they were potato wedges, but so glad I tried them. They've been in my diet ever since.....not the fried ones, they are too much trouble to fix, but I love them sliced, brushed with Olive Oil and grilled or roasted in the oven.

That's a crying shame, it saddens me to see food go to waste ... :(

Eggplant is a unique food in that if you haven't eaten it before, you may or may not like it depending on how it's cooked. If you bread it and deep fry the eggplant, it's quite good. Same for eggplant parmigiana. You can make eggplant parmigiana without frying the eggplant, just dip the peeled and sliced eggplant in egg and then Italian bread crumbs, and then bake it at 350F for 5 minutes. Then dip each eggplant slice in tomato sauce, place in baking dish and add shredded mozzarella, and grated parmesan cheese on top of each layer. Bake for 35 minutes at 350F.

Believe it or not I hadn't seen either of these posts when I asked when Eggplant Parm day is -- it just happens to be my favoritest meal in the world -- as long as it's baked, never fried. Fried is common and cheap, but when they take the time to bake -- mamamia, nothing like it.

Mr. Mertex makes fun of me when we go to an Italian Restaurant and I order the Eggplant Parmigiana.....but, some places fix it really good. Carinos does a pretty good job....better than Olive Garden's.

I first came across fried eggplant in a Restaurant in DC. I thought they were potato wedges, but so glad I tried them. They've been in my diet ever since.....not the fried ones, they are too much trouble to fix, but I love them sliced, brushed with Olive Oil and grilled or roasted in the oven.
Olive Garden is more of a fast food Italian restaurant. I find Macaroni Grill is tops for Italian restaurants. They make an outstanding Eggplant Parmesan ... :thup:

Forum List

Back