USMB Coffee Shop IV

Spent about 90 minutes or so talking with the Dept of the Army IG and the Ft Benning IG (Inspector General for you civilians) this afternoon. Explaining the support i didn't receive from the Ft Benning Chaplains when we interred my daughters remains.

A few moments ago I received this email......

Dear Mr. Oliver,
I am so sorry that we were not able to support you in your time of great
grief. The woman who received your call is not in this afternoon. I will
speak with her tomorrow, and I will call you personally.

Again, my sincere condolences in your loss.

Respectfully,
Chaplain (LTC) Jeff Dillard
Deputy Garrison Chaplain (Religious Support)

Well, for me it hasn't been a real great day... I woke up at 0200 this morning because of severe pain behind my left knee. Sat around in my recliner until 0400 and it was still hurting pretty bad so I woke Mrs. BBD up and we went to the ER in Rockford. I was thinking I might have a blood clot or something weird going on with my knee. In the ER they took X-rays of my knee and did an ultra sound. X-rays were normal and so was the ultra sound. Good news is there is no fracture or blood clot. The doctor never did say what was wrong with my knee. Gave me a prescription for some pain pills and sent me back home. Knee still hurts as much as it did at 0200 and the pain pills don't help very much at all. I guess I must have a case of kneemonia.

:lol:

But I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Did you just create a new word for "arthritis"?

Well, for me it hasn't been a real great day... I woke up at 0200 this morning because of severe pain behind my left knee. Sat around in my recliner until 0400 and it was still hurting pretty bad so I woke Mrs. BBD up and we went to the ER in Rockford. I was thinking I might have a blood clot or something weird going on with my knee. In the ER they took X-rays of my knee and did an ultra sound. X-rays were normal and so was the ultra sound. Good news is there is no fracture or blood clot. The doctor never did say what was wrong with my knee. Gave me a prescription for some pain pills and sent me back home. Knee still hurts as much as it did at 0200 and the pain pills don't help very much at all. I guess I must have a case of kneemonia.

It least it wasn't ass-ritis! Then poor BBD would't have even been able to sit in his recliner. And yes, I get ass-ritis as a side effect of the AVN.

Hope you feel better soon, BBD!

BBD...I wonder what it could be? Maybe a pulled muscle? Don't you just hate it when they can't find anything? But at least you got some pain pills. :D

BBD...I wonder what it could be? Maybe a pulled muscle? Don't you just hate it when they can't find anything? But at least you got some pain pills. :D

Yeah, it's got to be a sprain....maybe he twisted it during the day....hope it gets better, I hate pain, any kind of pain.

Just a guess BBD, but usually when pain pills don't work there is a nerve problem of some sort. Probably swelling which is making pressure against a nerve. Try to ice it down and bring any swelling down.

Caution: I have NOT been to a Holiday Inn Express recently.

It least it wasn't ass-ritis! Then poor BBD would't have even been able to sit in his recliner. And yes, I get ass-ritis as a side effect of the AVN.

Hope you feel better soon, BBD!

If it was ass-ritis he could always sit on his left cheek....... :eusa_whistle:

bth_GoodNightKnightSnake.jpg

I got my fair share of injuries while on the wrestling team in high school. One time after a match, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my knee. Turns out I had a severe strain of my hamstring muscle. It hurt when walking and especially when climbing stairs. There was no treatment other than avoiding excessive movement.

It's likely not a hamstring injury in your case BBD, otherwise the doctor would have told you. It's odd why he didn't tell you what his diagnosis was? :eusa_eh:

It's been an interesting day. Mr Mertex filled out a survey sometime back from a Funeral Home and they called and he made an appointment to have them come speak to us this evening.

It was kind of weird to be planning your funeral, but I guess it is best to have everything paid for so that your loved ones don't have to worry about it when it happens. My plan came out a lot cheaper, because I want to be cremated.....always the frugal one. Hubs decided on a very nice steel casket, because the representative said the flag would be draped over it, and the contrast would be nice. Seems odd to be concerned about decor when you are no longer able to see it....:)

We did save a bunch too, because Mr Mertex can be buried at Fort Sam, and my ashes can be buried on top of him, too! Is that macabre? To be talking about our demise and how we want it handled? We both felt very good about having taking care of that detail but it felt strange at times, answering some of the questions, making decisions.....:eek:

Has anyone else done that?

I haven't gone so far as you both have in planning my funeral, but for many years, I have known what I wanted, songs I wanted played, how I was going to be seen off, etc. You want to get everything in order before you die - so no one else takes control and does things you would never want.

I hate being sick in winter. Everyone has colds or sinus infections, and now I have a bad one. I missed class yesterday and will miss it again tonight (no seeing my Tracy :() and as I have tournament on Sunday, I need to get better.
Grrr colds sucks!

BBD, I hope a good night resting will help your knee.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I haven't gone so far as you both have in planning my funeral, but for many years, I have known what I wanted, songs I wanted played, how I was going to be seen off, etc. You want to get everything in order before you die - so no one else takes control and does things you would never want.

You're still too young to be concerned, although I know it can happen at any time. But, once you pass 50, I think you start giving it more serious thought. You put it off, but you finally decide it's time. I think when my friend's brother-in-law died recently, and he was only 57, it made us realize that maybe we didn't need to keep puttint it off......:eek:

Look at Ernie making it to 65! Way to go, man! I'm a handful of years behind you. Reconnoiter and get back to me. How's the view from there?

This 65 seem pretty cool so far. I sat down at a couple tables with several friends tonight and they gave me a hundred and sixty bucks. I'm thinking if I could do that every day, I could retire....

Oh wait! I tried that once, didn't I?

Forum List

Back