USMB Coffee Shop IV

I haven't gone so far as you both have in planning my funeral, but for many years, I have known what I wanted, songs I wanted played, how I was going to be seen off, etc. You want to get everything in order before you die - so no one else takes control and does things you would never want.

You're still too young to be concerned, although I know it can happen at any time. But, once you pass 50, I think you start giving it more serious thought. You put it off, but you finally decide it's time. I think when my friend's brother-in-law died recently, and he was only 57, it made us realize that maybe we didn't need to keep puttint it off......:eek:

I too want to be cremated. I see very little point in taking up space the living could use.

When my son passed away, I got the idea that I should buy some property near a lake or stream and turn it into a park, selling off cemetery plot sized chunks to subscribers who would be able to use the facilities for cook outs and memorial parties.
It just seems wrong to invest thousands for a tiny piece of ground where your survivors will dread going, always speak in hushed tones and generally dread going to. I want the party to continue, long after I'm gone.

When I kick the bucket, hubby will cremate me, add my ashes to Gracies (she is in a heart shaped box on my end table), then take us to Montana de Oro and toss us in the waves. If he goes before me..I will do the same for him. But neither of us will do it until the last one standing has all the ashes together. Me or hubby, Gracie, karma, Moki. The inlaws (or a good friend) will toss the the last one once that one is gone, too...in the same place the others went prior.

view.php

Montana De Oro. Been in this spot many many times. This is where we will all wind up. :)

Evening all. Its a pain in the backside being sick. Just canceled my shift tomorrow to stay home and rest up, and apparently I am one of many who have canceled for tomorrow. Everyone is sick, and when they expect us to work sick, people will continue getting sick, spreading their germs, so its a never ending circle.

I heard that my poor Sensei was down at least four people in her class tonight. That would have hurt her numbers badly. Might chat to her tonight and see how it went.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Knee pain is gone. The knee is a little stiff but doesn't hurt. Coffee is good this morning. Life is a good thing. I'm inclined to believe the way my mother used to believe. When ever she hurt some place she always said "A bear bit it..." Good thing the pain is gone because I have to run a few errands up in Rockford this morning.

Morning folks! Today is National Chili Dog Day ... :thup:

chili_Dog_Day.jpg
Again?!? Already!?!

That appears to be a Skyline Chili dog from Cincinnati. I had a friend who studied there at the University of Cincinnati (go Bearcats). He made a point of eating at least one meal a day at Skyline. He made a calendar and took a penny from his pocket, doused it with Skyline hot sauce to shine it up, and glued it to the calendar, one for each dog he ate.

That calendar paid for his books the following quarter.

chili_Dog_Day.jpg
Again?!? Already!?!

That appears to be a Skyline Chili dog from Cincinnati. I had a friend who studied there at the University of Cincinnati (go Bearcats). He made a point of eating at least one meal a day at Skyline. He made a calendar and took a penny from his pocket, doused it with Skyline hot sauce to shine it up, and glued it to the calendar, one for each dog he ate.

It is indeed the skyline chili dog from Cincinnati ... :D

However, no one beats Coney Island chili dogs. I've tried many chili dogs, but Coney Island are tops ... :thup:

913.jpg

chili_Dog_Day.jpg
Again?!? Already!?!

It is indeed the skyline chili dog from Cincinnati ... :D

However, no one beats Coney Island chili dogs. I've tried many chili dogs, but Coney Island are tops ... :thup:

913.jpg

I would like 3 of those, with onions, please. Diet coke...hahaha and fries...:D :D :D

Forum List

Back