USMB Coffee Shop IV

My Closing statement for Veterans Day program at local K-12 Program.

In the 11th Month

On the 11th day

At the 11th hour

The Guns fell silent

The war to end all wars which had caused 20 million deaths and 21 million wounded was over and Veterans Day had it’s beginnings.

We celebrate today to honor those Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines who all took this solemn oath.

I Do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies Foreign and Domestic, That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and I will obey The orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me; according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So Help me God.
Many who have taken that oath have paid the ultimate price, a price all Veterans have been willing to pay if called upon.

From Lexington, Concord, and Yorktown, New Orleans The Argon, the Shores of Normandy, Wake Island, Tarawa Atoll, Ques-an, Saigon, Baghdad, Fallujah , Kunar Province and Kabul. Strange and somewhat exotic names of far way places, Yet American Veterans were there

Many Veterans are still deployed keeping the peace at home and allowing us to pursue the American Dream. There are 6 Lowellville Veterans on Active Duty today.

Today I take this opportunity to thank my Brothers and Sisters in Arms for their service.
I look out and see the Proud students of our little village and I thank you for the Honors you have shown us this day. On behalf of all the Veterans of Lowellville, Thank You.

In the 11th Month

On the 11th day

At the 11th hour

The Guns fell silent

The war to end all wars which had caused 20 million deaths and 21 million wounded was over and Veterans Day had it’s beginnings.

We celebrate today to honor those Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines who all took this solemn oath.

I Do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies Foreign and Domestic, That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and I will obey The orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me; according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So Help me God.
Many who have taken that oath have paid the ultimate price, a price all Veterans have been willing to pay if called upon.

From Lexington, Concord, and Yorktown, New Orleans The Argon, the Shores of Normandy, Wake Island, Tarawa Atoll, Ques-an, Saigon, Baghdad, Fallujah , Kunar Province and Kabul. Strange and somewhat exotic names of far way places, Yet American Veterans were there

Many Veterans are still deployed keeping the peace at home and allowing us to pursue the American Dream. There are 6 Lowellville Veterans on Active Duty today.

Today I take this opportunity to thank my Brothers and Sisters in Arms for their service.
I look out and see the Proud students of our little village and I thank you for the Honors you have shown us this day. On behalf of all the Veterans of Lowellville, Thank You.
:salute::salute: :salute:
:salute:
:salute:
:salute::salute:

In the 11th Month

On the 11th day

At the 11th hour

The Guns fell silent

I wouldn't change a word Ollie.

I probably won't be back here tonight so I'm going to post the vigil list now.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Hombre's niece still in the hospital in critical condition with COVID.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Dragonlady's son and family for wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
SFC Ollie for good test results and remedy if one is needed.
Gracie and Dennis for healing, peace, solutions.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 a.m. tomorrow (Sunday) morning, so those of you who that affects, be sure to set your clocks back one hour tonight.
1636243870241.png

I've been using my covid savings to "level up" my kitchen. When I moved here 6 years ago September, I left everything behind and literally had to start over. Everything I bought was on sale, or low priced to begin with. Except for the microwave, the cheap stuff I started off with died or broke and has replaced with higher end stuff I bought at the Fall sales, every year. The basic Black & Decker toaster has been replaced by a T-Fal which will toast a hamburger bun or bread perfectly right out of the freezer.

This year, I checked until the Lagostina 11 piece stainless steel cookware (reg. price $779.99) went on sale for $159.99, and grabbed a set. It replaces the non-stick aluminum set I bought with the horrible glass lids that trapped food and had to be cleaned out with a toothpick.

And when the KitchenAid stand mixers went on sale, in October, I bought one. I've wanted a stand mixer for 20 years, but now I can't manage the hand mixer with the arthritis weakening my hands, and have pretty much given up baking. So the past couple of weeks, I been enjoying muffins, cookies, and sweet breads.

I've been using my covid savings to "level up" my kitchen. When I moved here 6 years ago September, I left everything behind and literally had to start over. Everything I bought was on sale, or low priced to begin with. Except for the microwave, the cheap stuff I started off with died or broke and has replaced with higher end stuff I bought at the Fall sales, every year. The basic Black & Decker toaster has been replaced by a T-Fal which will toast a hamburger bun or bread perfectly right out of the freezer.

This year, I checked until the Lagostina 11 piece stainless steel cookware (reg. price $779.99) went on sale for $159.99, and grabbed a set. It replaces the non-stick aluminum set I bought with the horrible glass lids that trapped food and had to be cleaned out with a toothpick.

And when the KitchenAid stand mixers went on sale, in October, I bought one. I've wanted a stand mixer for 20 years, but now I can't manage the hand mixer with the arthritis weakening my hands, and have pretty much given up baking. So the past couple of weeks, I been enjoying muffins, cookies, and sweet breads.
Sounds wonderful. The one appliance I would love is a stand mixer but have never had one. We do enjoy good cookware though.

I'm debating upgrading my kitchen. It's been quite a while.

shutterstock_1572753.0.jpg

I'm considering upgrading to coal, I hear it's all the rage.

iu
Well coal is the most abundant fuel accessible to most of humankind. Ironically I was just reading up on the history of coal that goes all the way back to the cave man and was quite sophisticated by the time of the Roman Empire that used it to heat their famous baths and for decorations, and coal was the primary driver of the industrial revolution. I hope somebody is looking into ways to use it in ways even the most passionate environmentalists will think is great.

Last edited:
Well coal is the most abundant fuel accessible to most of humankind. Ironically I was just reading up on the history of coal that goes all the way back to the cave man and was quite sophisticated by the time of the Roman Empire that used it to heat their famous baths and for decorations, and coal was the primary driver of the industrial revolution. I hope somebody is looking into ways to use it in ways even the most passionate environmentalists will think is great.
There is a variety of very clean burning coal but to some any and all forms of burning any carbon based fuel is verboten. To them, those who do should be crucified upon an altar of solar panels.......... :)

Last edited:
There is a variety of very clean burning coal but to some any and all forms of burning any carbon based fuel is verboten. To them, those who do should be crucified upon an altar of solar panels.......... :)
But attitude/understanding, new knowledge, and technology advancement changes lots of minds and beliefs. This generation doesn't know everything any more than previous generations did and I honestly believe Planet Earth is still in its infancy when measured against all there is still left to learn.

But attitude/understanding, new knowledge, and technology advancement changes lots of minds and beliefs. This generation doesn't know everything any more than previous generations did and I honestly believe Planet Earth is still in its infancy when measured against all there is still left to learn.
That depends on a few factors especially people giving up their strongly held beliefs. History and psychology teaches us that's usually not the case without often severe catastrophic events and even then it's not guaranteed. We humans have a strong tendency to remain moribund in our cherished belief systems, this board is a perfect example. The more some push for change the greater the resistance, that's universal.

That depends on a few factors especially people giving up their strongly held beliefs. History and psychology teaches us that's usually not the case without often severe catastrophic events and even then it's not guaranteed. We humans have a strong tendency to remain moribund in our cherished belief systems, this board is a perfect example. The more some push for change the greater the resistance, that's universal.
Individuals indeed can be quite passionate, even stubborn or unbending in defending the point of view they have chosen whatever their motives. Some so desperately do not want to be wrong or have motive to push a concept or idea, they will ignore, resist or attack even the best, most logical and accurate arguments. The individual can plant the idea or discover the concept, but overall, society has to choose what it will accept as the norm.

Humankind has demonstrated over millennia that it not only can but does change. Each new religion brings its own customs, rules, laws. From a world of monarchal, imperial, totalitarian rule the USA was formed and forever changed opinions of what government must/should be for millions. Most of the world was able to give up draconian medical practices in favor of more scientific ones, switched from horse and buggy and sailing ships to mechanical transportation, etc.

I'm just saying that I think our knowledge and technology is still in its infancy compared to what there is still for us as a species to know and learn.

Forum List

Back