USMB Coffee Shop IV

...............Achin' for Spring...............
Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden ....................... Albuquerque Biopark Botanic Gardens
1644095737926.png
1644095893977.png

Columbus, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanic Garden ................................... St. Louis MO Missouri Botanical Garden .............
1644096137713.png
1644096531010.png

Charleston, SC Magnolia Plantation and Gardens ......... Portland, Oregon Japanese Gardens
1644096827141.png
1644096954482.png

Houston's Cottrell Butterfly Center, a collage...the interior waterfall is about 5 stories tall...
1644097918001.png
1644097741210.png
1644097638196.png
1644097658706.png
1644097674742.png

1644098016226.png
1644097863851.png
1644097940675.png

Attachments

• 1644097580572.png
    1644097580572.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden ....................... Albuquerque Biopark Botanic Gardens
View attachment 597504View attachment 597510
Columbus, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanic Garden ................................... St. Louis MO Missouri Botanical Garden .............
View attachment 597512View attachment 597517
Charleston, SC Magnolia Plantation and Gardens ......... Portland, Oregon Japanese Gardens
View attachment 597521 View attachment 597523
Houston's Cottrell Butterfly Center, a collage...the interior waterfall is about 5 stories tall...
View attachment 597542View attachment 597536View attachment 597532View attachment 597534View attachment 597535

View attachment 597544View attachment 597540View attachment 597543
Nice! I gotta go there some day.

View attachment 597504View attachment 597510
View attachment 597512View attachment 597517
View attachment 597521 View attachment 597523
View attachment 597542View attachment 597536View attachment 597532View attachment 597534View attachment 597535

View attachment 597544View attachment 597540View attachment 597543
I have a cousin and her husband who live in Arlington and go to the Dallas botanical garden two or three times a year and post a lot of pics on Facebook. One of their favorite places. Albuquerque has a very nice one too but probably without some of the ambiance in the larger cities and also, with a few exceptions, features New Mexico native plants that aren't always so showy.
1644172272424.png

Update...sorta. I have not been eating. No appetite. It caught up with me last night. From 7pm to 7am this morning, I got very sick and I will spare the details. I got swabbed in my nose so I could go see Dennis. THat visit was in essence...a goodye. He stated his wishes to the staff, I backed him up, and that was that except for the loss of words we said to each other. He looks....done. He said he made things right with God, which pleased me because he has had issue with that aspect of his life, but when I told him he needs to do this...he did.

Meanwhile, I caught something either at the hospital, or somewhere else but I was a mess last night. My symptoms are norvovirus. I had it once before some years ago so it was very familiar. Except this time..there was nothing in my stomach to vomit up, so it was dry heaves and bile for 12 hours along with major painful muscle cramps (I am not hydrated enough) and flat out pain. To keep myself from falling off the toilet, I strapped a towel to the handles on the tub and wrapped it around me. It worked. Finally....it passed. And all that time, I was thinking....I don't want to be alone. I want dennis here with me.

So...this morning around 10 am, his surgeon called me. He said he is going in one more time Monday morning and see for himself if that leak in his lung can be mended and if it can...then he COULD survive more years without the fear of it collapsing again. He said onemore time, he would try to save his life and I said yes.....but if it cannot be mended, that leak, that Dennis wants to be sedated and let go. DNR and DNI. Surgeon said he understood. So now...its in Gods hands. And I must get well again for whatever happens after the surgery.

I am gong back to bed. I fell like someone just beat the hell out of me but at least I am not in pain like I was last night.

Pray for Dennis. If the hole cannot be mended...ask the Lord to take him while sedated during the procedure. Pray that if it can be mended, he can come home and live a semi normal life after healing.

I have a cousin and her husband who live in Arlington and go to the Dallas botanical garden two or three times a year and post a lot of pics on Facebook. One of their favorite places. Albuquerque has a very nice one too but probably without some of the ambiance in the larger cities and also, with a few exceptions, features New Mexico native plants that aren't always so showy.
View attachment 597929
Oh, what a beautiful picture, Foxfyre. Thanks for sharing. A good xeriscaper could make a difference in a drier climate, but the Biopark seems a very lovely place plus there's a lot of Albuquerque and its surrounding lands that are most fascinating. What a beautiful place and every imaginable museum is there just a few here:
1644200962679.png
1644201004914.png
1644201239686.png
1644201512262.png

1644201649127.png
1644201668745.png
1644201713050.png
1644202327007.png

1644203314710.png
1644203364263.png
1644203425318.png
1644203953402.png

1644203734898.png
1644204522217.png
1644204786106.png

Last edited:
Update...sorta. I have not been eating. No appetite. It caught up with me last night. From 7pm to 7am this morning, I got very sick and I will spare the details. I got swabbed in my nose so I could go see Dennis. THat visit was in essence...a goodye. He stated his wishes to the staff, I backed him up, and that was that except for the loss of words we said to each other. He looks....done. He said he made things right with God, which pleased me because he has had issue with that aspect of his life, but when I told him he needs to do this...he did.

Meanwhile, I caught something either at the hospital, or somewhere else but I was a mess last night. My symptoms are norvovirus. I had it once before some years ago so it was very familiar. Except this time..there was nothing in my stomach to vomit up, so it was dry heaves and bile for 12 hours along with major painful muscle cramps (I am not hydrated enough) and flat out pain. To keep myself from falling off the toilet, I strapped a towel to the handles on the tub and wrapped it around me. It worked. Finally....it passed. And all that time, I was thinking....I don't want to be alone. I want dennis here with me.

So...this morning around 10 am, his surgeon called me. He said he is going in one more time Monday morning and see for himself if that leak in his lung can be mended and if it can...then he COULD survive more years without the fear of it collapsing again. He said onemore time, he would try to save his life and I said yes.....but if it cannot be mended, that leak, that Dennis wants to be sedated and let go. DNR and DNI. Surgeon said he understood. So now...its in Gods hands. And I must get well again for whatever happens after the surgery.

I am gong back to bed. I fell like someone just beat the hell out of me but at least I am not in pain like I was last night.

Pray for Dennis. If the hole cannot be mended...ask the Lord to take him while sedated during the procedure. Pray that if it can be mended, he can come home and live a semi normal life after healing.
Gracie, I've been praying since I read your post for Dennis' surgeon to have a successful procedure in his lung and for His angels to sustain all you are going through with your virus, worries, pain and uncertainty. May your trials rest, and your health and happiness return soon. With great love for a great woman and beautiful artist our friend Gracie is. Amen.

You both have put it in God's hands and, however heart wrenching when you don't know the outcome, have peace with that. Prayers ramped up here and continue for health and healing for both of you. I know all the Coffee Shoppers and probably at least half of USMB are pulling for you.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Dragonlady's son and family and her sister for relief/wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Hombre for lessened anxiety and successful preparation for his surgery on the 24th.
SFC Ollie for health and wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G for relief, healing, peace, solutions.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

1644204327414.png

Can't sleep. Been browsing.

This describes Dennis:

He had no issues with his lungs until about 6 months or so, after both jabs. Now all of a sudden he is dying from IPF. I think that damn poison jab is killing my husband.

Can't sleep. Been browsing.

This describes Dennis:

He had no issues with his lungs until about 6 months or so, after both jabs. Now all of a sudden he is dying from IPF. I think that damn poison jab is killing my husband.
I suppose it is possible. All my friends & kin who have been vaxxed and who have then had COVID sailed through it with relative ease and no after affects. Most who tested positive never developed symptoms. Those we have lost to COVID or who are still struggling with after affects were unvaccinated except for my sister who was in severely declining health when she got COVID. Almost certainly COVID hastened her death last summer. As for IPF, it has occurred in many people with severe COVID cases as it did with my niece who died from it last fall. But though very rare, there does seem to be some cases that the vaccine could have created or exacerbated IPF/ILD in a very few patients, usually more elderly patients.

So it's hard to say.

Last edited:
I suppose it is possible. All my friends & kin who have been vaxxed and who have then had COVID sailed through it with relative ease and no after affects. Most who tested positive never developed symptoms. Those we have lost to COVID or who are still struggling with after affects were unvaccinated except for my sister who was in severely declining health when she got COVID. Almost certainly COVID hastened her death last summer. As for IPF, it has occurred in many people with severe COVID cases as it did with my niece who died from it last fall. But though very rare, there does seem to be some cases that the vaccine could have created or exacerbated IPF/ILD in a very few patients, usually more elderly patients.

So it's hard to say.
He never had covid. In my opinion...its just a really bad flu pumped up like the swine flu to cause FEAR. And control.

Meanwhile........update. The prayers worked (so far). Surgeon called me at around 1pm. He had to go in DEEP, so Dennis has a HUGE incision. He said the hole in the lung was the size of a half dollar, and he patched it. The problem was his lung was tuck to the chest wall, who it kept tearing it open bigger and bigger. Well..not any more. He said the surgery took longer than expected because he was using the left lung to work on the right lung and the left lung began to have difficulties, so they had to keep reinflating the bad on, give the semi good one a break, redeflate the bad lung, do more stitching and mending, reinflating, back and forth back and forth, but from what it looks like now, its BETTER. He is ventilated, so they are weaning him off that before he wakes up, will be removing the other tubes in a few days, send him to rehab nursing like before, once healed, he can return home with his tv clicker, oxygen tanks and adjustible bed i plan to purchase for him and in general..should hang in there more years while waiting for the OFEV drug to do its work. In short..the prognosis is 3 to 11 years, depending on how his heart hold up.

Sigh. So glad this part is over and he made it thru the operation. At least for now. Things are looking up. But keep praying. I may have him home again with me within a month or so. They also said he was enimic and needed blood but he told them he does not want it because he is Jehovah Witness. I told the surgeon Dennis also hates garlic but has been getting it in his food for the past 35 years and what he doesnt know wont hurt him so if he need blood...give it to him but hide all evidence..just like I do with garlic. Surgeon laughed and said it will be our secret.

Maybe I can get well now myself, and get what needs done, done, without all this fear. And THANK YOU. But don't stop praying for him, please.

He never had covid. In my opinion...its just a really bad flu pumped up like the swine flu to cause FEAR. And control.

Meanwhile........update. The prayers worked (so far). Surgeon called me at around 1pm. He had to go in DEEP, so Dennis has a HUGE incision. He said the hole in the lung was the size of a half dollar, and he patched it. The problem was his lung was tuck to the chest wall, who it kept tearing it open bigger and bigger. Well..not any more. He said the surgery took longer than expected because he was using the left lung to work on the right lung and the left lung began to have difficulties, so they had to keep reinflating the bad on, give the semi good one a break, redeflate the bad lung, do more stitching and mending, reinflating, back and forth back and forth, but from what it looks like now, its BETTER. He is ventilated, so they are weaning him off that before he wakes up, will be removing the other tubes in a few days, send him to rehab nursing like before, once healed, he can return home with his tv clicker, oxygen tanks and adjustible bed i plan to purchase for him and in general..should hang in there more years while waiting for the OFEV drug to do its work. In short..the prognosis is 3 to 11 years, depending on how his heart hold up.

Sigh. So glad this part is over and he made it thru the operation. At least for now. Things are looking up. But keep praying. I may have him home again with me within a month or so. They also said he was enimic and needed blood but he told them he does not want it because he is Jehovah Witness. I told the surgeon Dennis also hates garlic but has been getting it in his food for the past 35 years and what he doesnt know wont hurt him so if he need blood...give it to him but hide all evidence..just like I do with garlic. Surgeon laughed and said it will be our secret.

Maybe I can get well now myself, and get what needs done, done, without all this fear. And THANK YOU. But don't stop praying for him, please.
Sometimes it's baby steps, two forward, one back, but eventually even that gets you where you're going. Prayers continue.

So glad you are getting some positive news and a better prognosis at last! :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back