USMB Coffee Shop IV

First character is a 1, and all that indicates is it was built in America, and manufactured by "United States Chevrolet Trucks." However, certain trucks are built at certain plants, and the HD trucks are all built in Flint, MI, so it's not far away. If I knew they'd allow it, I'd rent a trailer and go pick it up myself. I'm pretty sick of waiting.

We have been dealing with the mishmash of telephone systems trying to get to a person who could answer our questions or get us a product or provide the information we need dealing with Hombre's hip replacement. Some of them I really have to practice anger management and patience skills. You dread even beginning the process of first negotiating the robo answering system who rarely puts you with anybody with a clue and then its all the transfers to other clueless people and you might finally get to somebody who can actually help.

Having said that, I can't imagine what it would be like calling General Motors trying to find out how you can go get your truck.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
To expedite transportation of newly-built vehicles to dealers, Carlisle said GM bought a number of car haulers to deliver them from factories or distribution centers. The Detroit automaker has also allowed dealers to pick the vehicles up themselves in some locations.

• Thanks
We have been dealing with the mishmash of telephone systems trying to get to a person who could answer our questions or get us a product or provide the information we need dealing with Hombre's hip replacement. Some of them I really have to practice anger management and patience skills. You dread even beginning the process of first negotiating the robo answering system who rarely puts you with anybody with a clue and then its all the transfers to other clueless people and you might finally get to somebody who can actually help.

Having said that, I can't imagine what it would be like calling General Motors trying to find out how you can go get your truck.
Oh Lordie, you said a mouthful there. Unrelated to surgery but still dealing with customer service people, ones that answer phones, I swear 99% of them are all overseas. I'm shocked if I call somewhere and actually speak to someone that I can understand, that doesn't have such a thick accent I can barely discern what they're saying. I get irate also with the robo answering services, I tend to get loud exclaiming... "I NEED TO SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON," and often get in return... "I understand you'd like to speak to someone, but first we need to know a few things"... it's infuriating.

Last edited:
To expedite transportation of newly-built vehicles to dealers, Carlisle said GM bought a number of car haulers to deliver them from factories or distribution centers. The Detroit automaker has also allowed dealers to pick the vehicles up themselves in some locations.
That's encouraging to hear, sl, and pretty much what I've thought to myself. I figured that GM, being so far behind and in dire need of some profits, after finally going back into full production would have lined up car haulers front to back at their plants and shipped out newly assembled vehicles as fast as they came out of the plant... hypothetically. But, Tuesday will be two weeks since a VIN was generated, and not even a code for a scheduled shipping date yet. I'm not a patient person, so this really bugs the crap otta me.

Oh Lordie, you said a mouthful there. Unrelated to surgery but still dealing with customer service people, ones that answer phones, I swear 99% of them are all overseas. I'm shocked if I call somewhere and actually speak to someone that I can understand, that doesn't have such a thick accent I can barely discern what they're saying. I get irate also with the robo answering services, I tend to get loud exclaiming... "I NEED TO SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON," and often get in return... "I understand you'd like to speak to someone, but first we need to know a few things"... it's infuriating.
Yup. I have to call Hombre's orthopedic surgeon's office every now and then, and you get the robo answering service that gives you options of what number to push for whatever department and for all other calls push 8. I push 8 and and it gives me most of the same options and for all other calls push zero. I push zero and they put me on hold for an eternity. Then disconnects me. The only way I have to connect is by texting and that gets really tedious.

• Thanks
274868974_5097896286992099_427600226515137754_n.jpg

Attachments

• 274868974_5097896286992099_427600226515137754_n.jpg
    274868974_5097896286992099_427600226515137754_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 13

Forum List

Back