USMB Coffee Shop IV

Nice to see you are still working on your 9 lives Save... :hhello:
So far I've been a bigger threat to Covid than it has to me. Pretty much have given the middle finger to masks at work. Waiting on a vaccine that actually works. I'm a patient cat.

Covid don't scare me... I have worked out with the powers that be, to die at the hands of a jealous husband...
Don't need a mask for that...
Might offer some plausible deniability or identity protection. To me, Covid ripped off the masks of reason, fear and the desire for political power. The number of scared, emotionally driven sheep was alarming.

Trucks are a bit of a sore subject for me at the moment. Walking out of the grocery store two weeks ago I saw the passenger side of my truck. Normally that faces away from the house and I rarely ride in my truck, so I hadn't noticed the bed was sitting two inches lower than the front of the truck on that side. Turns out the support brackets were rusting out.

The dealership said, "you need a new bed. Probably going to run $2-3,000, if we can get one".

I looked at the guy and said. Sounds like you want me to visit the welding shop down the road and left. $750 later, I have a bed better supported than when it left the assembly line. Unfortunately that guy discovered my fuel tank and filler tube were badly rusted. $750 later, I have a new tank, filler line and fuel pump.

Had a long talk with the truck. It is fully aware I will shoot it within the next year if something else breaks.

I have gone from the new person at work four plus years now, to the longest serving one. Turnover has been fierce. The many hours of work combined with long breaks during the day have sent many out the door. If you live too far away, the two hour breaks can mean your day is tied up for eleven hours with nine hour's pay. Fortunately I live close and can use the breaks for good.

No real benefit to being the senior person. Promotions are not available due to different rules. You do however get more "responsibilities", oh joy.

Day 11 since the VIN for my new truck was generated, meaning it has been built, but still no word it has been shipped. Evidently GM has codes for when it's scheduled to be loaded, when it has been loaded, the scheduled delivery date, all that stuff, which the dealer has full access to, and my salesman say's he checks that "every morning." I texted him yesterday and commented that I hoped it didn't take months to arrive, and his response was, "let's hope not." I found that to be telling, since it wasn't a quick rebuttal that "it won't." Another week will be seven months since I ordered it. The time it has taken has reached the point of absurdity.

Day 11 since the VIN for my new truck was generated, meaning it has been built, but still no word it has been shipped. Evidently GM has codes for when it's scheduled to be loaded, when it has been loaded, the scheduled delivery date, all that stuff, which the dealer has full access to, and my salesman say's he checks that "every morning." I texted him yesterday and commented that I hoped it didn't take months to arrive, and his response was, "let's hope not." I found that to be telling, since it wasn't a quick rebuttal that "it won't." Another week will be seven months since I ordered it. The time it has taken has reached the point of absurdity.
The first digit in the VIN tells you where it was produced.

It seems several of my friends here have suffered loss since I was here last. Sorry I missed your time of need. Still, I will grieve with you now.

1645927934292.png

First character is a 1, and all that indicates is it was built in America, and manufactured by "United States Chevrolet Trucks." However, certain trucks are built at certain plants, and the HD trucks are all built in Flint, MI, so it's not far away. If I knew they'd allow it, I'd rent a trailer and go pick it up myself. I'm pretty sick of waiting.

I have gone from the new person at work four plus years now, to the longest serving one. Turnover has been fierce. The many hours of work combined with long breaks during the day have sent many out the door. If you live too far away, the two hour breaks can mean your day is tied up for eleven hours with nine hour's pay. Fortunately I live close and can use the breaks for good.

No real benefit to being the senior person. Promotions are not available due to different rules. You do however get more "responsibilities", oh joy.
The few times I have had to work split shifts, and when I was still working for hospitals every now and then I did, I agree they pretty much suck. As does being the senior member with extra responsibilities but no extra pay to go with it. But sounds like you settled into your new gig and its working out for you.

Forum List

Back