USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wake up! :) A cup of coffee with sandwiches and working hard! :)
Wow. When you posted that, those of us who live here had already gone to bed and were fast asleep. It was 11:24 p.m. here. :) Now we are just getting up and it is just past 5 p.m. there and you are done working hard for the day. :)

I've been fighting leg cramps, a headache, and a broken heart when I turn on the tv. I'll have an Irish coffee, please... Oh, wait. I'm allergic to alcohol. lol What was I thinking. Guess I wasn't because the headache has taken over me head. lol

Hope everyone is well and having a good life. Think I'll turn on some Beethoven. It shattered my headache last week like magic. My Beethoven cd has some pretty light and cheerful music on it. Praying for the miracle of peace over there and over here.

A cuppa in honor of anyone who has a birthday in March:
1646258748185.png
1646258776761.png
1646258840293.png
1646261414601.png
1646259711781.png
1646259942407.png
1646260856049.png

Update on Hombre. Today was 1 week post surgery. He has more pain than he expected but he has always had a low threshold for pain. Having a heck of a time finding a decent hip chair, trying to manage the mess of arranging for home health care and PT for awhile has been a nightmare, our son left to go home this morning, I'm exhausted. But we're okay.

Update on Hombre. Today was 1 week post surgery. He has more pain than he expected but he has always had a low threshold for pain. Having a heck of a time finding a decent hip chair, trying to manage the mess of arranging for home health care and PT for awhile has been a nightmare, our son left to go home this morning, I'm exhausted. But we're okay.

tony the tiger swerk GIF

Going to get to attend my favorite MN HS hockey tournament this year.

Soooo psyched!

:yes_text12::WooHooSmileyWave-vi:
I liked it the year you had a "picture of yourself" along with 10,000 other people and we got to guess which one was you. lol! Faces were about the size of a pinhead as I recall. IOW, your picture didn't do you justice, if we picked the right one, that is, o enchanting mystery man. :woohoo:

All my favorite people are here this evening. I really don't usually post this late, but I got to thinking about the people in the Ukraine and all they're going through with. The last news I heard was that tomorrow, Putin is going on a kill-em-all rampage, women, men, and even children. No one is safe. I came here to go to the religion forum and say a prayer for all of them. What would the world do without their President Zelensky and his rallying cry? I hope not another Ukrainian loses their life and that Putin thinks about what he's doing and goes home without killing everyone off the face of the earth in the Ukraine. Lord have mercy on those people and on those who could and should but don't do anything to help. Dear God above, please be our inspiration and save that small country from the big and heartless bullies. Amen. :hands:

Wow. When you posted that, those of us who live here had already gone to bed and were fast asleep. It was 11:24 p.m. here. :) Now we are just getting up and it is just past 5 p.m. there and you are done working hard for the day. :)
Offcourse, I know, but "Moscow never sleeps" :) And mood from powerful awakening is also good )

Well I'm surely hoping so. This is the first new vehicle I've ever ordered in my life. Wouldn't ya know it would have to happen during some calamity and it would take forever. Not even going to speculate on how long it's going to take to get delivered to the dealer. I've waited this long. I don't want to get too excited just have to wait longer than I'd expect... again.

It's a 2022, Chevrolet, Silverado, 2500HD, LTZ. This is the GM website generated image of what it looks like. I'm not big on the "club cab" pickups, although that's what the vast majority are, so that's basically why I ordered one, I wanted the shorter "extended cab."

Wow .. truck candy in the perfect shade of red ..
psst.. the boys salute you!!!

I'm really happy for you ... the "club cab" will give you a place to sleep for the next, what .. 6 months .. (and I think it looks great)

I liked it the year you had a "picture of yourself" along with 10,000 other people and we got to guess which one was you. lol! Faces were about the size of a pinhead as I recall. IOW, your picture didn't do you justice, if we picked the right one, that is, o enchanting mystery man. :woohoo:
2016...What a great tourney that was.

Was behind the Wayzata bench shooting pix and about to move to the student section when @20:06 happened...There were still a few meaningless seconds on the game clock, and the officials reset everything, so they could have a faceoff to run the last few seconds off the clock.

There I am!...Right above the raised left arm of the player on the far right @ 3:32....Wearing my Fighting Saints hockey sweater, basking in the energy of the kids.

Interesting note: A good friend of my paraglider instructor was a Wayzata man....He met an untimely demise, so I promised to bring some positive waves to the arena for him....Looks like good things happen when I'm rootin' for ya.

Three years since I've been able to attend......Soooooooo can't wait.

Last edited:
2016...What a great tourney that was.

Was behind the Wayzata bench shooting pix and about to move to the student section when @20:06 happened...There were still a few meaningless seconds on the game clock, and the officials reset everything, so they could have a faceoff to run the last few seconds off the clock.

There I am!...Right above the raised left arm of the player on the far right @ 4:12....Wearing my Fighting Saints hockey sweater, basking in the energy of the kids.

Interesting note: A good friend of my paraglider instructor was a Wayzata man....He met an untimely demise, so I promised to bring some positive waves to the arena for him....Looks like good things happen when I'm rootin' for ya.

Three years since I've been able to attend......Soooooooo can't wait.

For a minute I thought you meant you were the hockey player, but then I saw the picture of the specators. Happy for you. I love getting really excited and enthusiastic about things. Right now I don't have that option but soon. . .

For a minute I thought you meant you were the hockey player, but then I saw the picture of the specators. Happy for you. I love getting really excited and enthusiastic about things. Right now I don't have that option but soon. . .
Nope, just a super fan of the tournament...Time stamp s 3:32....I'm nowhere as big as the white tent I'm wearing there. :laugh2:

6 Days in the hospital. Seems the stent within a stent that was just ballooned a month ago was in need of being ballooned again. They thought thee was nothing wrong both times. Maybe now they'll believe me when I tell them something isn't right. Feeling better though still tired. Glad to be back home. Had a "Veterans in the Classroom" this morning with a tenth grade History class. Love working with the kids....

Going to be a challenging two or three more weeks. The more he does his PT, the faster and more completely he'll recover. In other words, it's painful, but do it anyways.

No, Oddball is usually the puck. Hey there buddy!

General observation from someone more absent than on USMB. The attempts to reduce partisanship by heavily modding and creating safe spaces has failed. The place is more partisan and frankly dumbed down terribly. Traffic in the Coffee Shop has slowed too. Is it a function of people being uninterested in participating on the rest of the board?

General observation from someone more absent than on USMB. The attempts to reduce partisanship by heavily modding and creating safe spaces has failed. The place is more partisan and frankly dumbed down terribly. Traffic in the Coffee Shop has slowed too. Is it a function of people being uninterested in participating on the rest of the board?
.. Too many people have forgotten how to laugh..

Forum List

Back