USMB Coffee Shop IV

Looks like things are getting done and everyone here appears to be doing/getting better, myself included. Last week I did something that has lifted the tons of weight off my shoulders and the fog of darkness from my eyes. I forgave myself for being me.
Now I'm actively starting to get things done, slowly back to cleaning up this disaster I call home, exercising and eating much better (most of the time.......). :thup:

Looks like things are getting done and everyone here appears to be doing/getting better, myself included. Last week I did something that has lifted the tons of weight off my shoulders and the fog of darkness from my eyes. I forgave myself for being me.
Now I'm actively starting to get things done, slowly back to cleaning up this disaster I call home, exercising and eating much better (most of the time.......). :thup:
Self forgiveness is hard. Things have gotten so bad I finally broke down and got help. It is difficult though.

I forgave myself for being me.

Really happy for you Ringel... It sucks but most of the time we are our worst critics...
Keep on keepin on...
1646439928761.png

Spend some time exploring grace. It goes far beyond simple forgiveness.

• “Grace” is the most important concept in the Bible, Christianity, and the world. Grace is the love of God shown to the unlovely; the peace of God given to the restless; the unmerited favor of God. It is most clearly expressed in the promises of God revealed in Scripture and embodied in Jesus Christ.

Spend some time exploring grace. It goes far beyond simple forgiveness.

• “Grace” is the most important concept in the Bible, Christianity, and the world. Grace is the love of God shown to the unlovely; the peace of God given to the restless; the unmerited favor of God. It is most clearly expressed in the promises of God revealed in Scripture and embodied in Jesus Christ.
It took me years of praying for God's forgiveness before I truly understood he had already given it to me and that I just had to give it to myself.

Part of my A.M. wake-up routine, after thanking creation for the fact that my eyes opened, is to forgive myself for whatever things I did or didn't do yesterday.

Aside from being cathartic, it starts my day with a point of focus if it's something that was left undone.

Lack of deservingness is one of the three core sources of all neurotic behavior....The other two being helplessness and hopelessness.
Thing is, it is not deserved. It is a gift freely given to those who seek it. Again by grace, not earned. Certainly a source of neurotic behavior though. I try to start everyone back to forgiven each day. Yesterday is simply the past. We are living in the moment, which is what determines whether I am okay, happy or angry with a person for the day.

Forum List

Back