USMB Coffee Shop IV

That's what I've been thinking. I just hope this truck is everything 007 wants in a truck and it is pristine perfect.
Sounds fine and hopeful .. sheesh, this must be quite the truck..
Well I'm surely hoping so. This is the first new vehicle I've ever ordered in my life. Wouldn't ya know it would have to happen during some calamity and it would take forever. Not even going to speculate on how long it's going to take to get delivered to the dealer. I've waited this long. I don't want to get too excited just have to wait longer than I'd expect... again.

It's a 2022, Chevrolet, Silverado, 2500HD, LTZ. This is the GM website generated image of what it looks like. I'm not big on the "club cab" pickups, although that's what the vast majority are, so that's basically why I ordered one, I wanted the shorter "extended cab."

Hi, well I purchased a smart tv and connected it to the internet using an ethernet cable. But when I tried to sign up to netflix it asked me for a mobile phone number.

I DON'T HAVE A SODDING MOBILE PHONE.
Dajjal, your cell phone would be a home away from home and will even remember where you were online when you sync it with your home computer. OTOH, it's nice to get away from the phone sometimes, so you could always go visit friends, the beach, or walk in the rain when you have no desire to talk. If you don't have a Walmart, the price to get one could be revulsive to the budget, and I have no idea what monthly charges are where you live, just that you have an aesthetic eye for a good picture that makes people laugh or feel the world is awesome again. You could also take pictures of something valuable to a periodical, as there are ways to transfer phone pictures online, to a printer, or to an editor. :thup:

Puppy is now 8 months and just murdered his favorite ducky...

View attachment 602608
Oh, Petro, consider yourself lucky for such small destruction! My puppy is about 4 months old now, and she eats pillows, pillowcases, armchairs, couches, the mail, and things to fierce to mention. I didn't mean to make the comparison that my otherwise adorable dog's dumber than your dog.... :laughing0301: ...though it could definitely be true. 😱

Dajjal, your cell phone would be a home away from home and will even remember where you were online when you sync it with your home computer. OTOH, it's nice to get away from the phone sometimes, so you could always go visit friends, the beach, or walk in the rain when you have no desire to talk. If you don't have a Walmart, the price to get one could be revulsive to the budget, and I have no idea what monthly charges are where you live, just that you have an aesthetic eye for a good picture that makes people laugh or feel the world is awesome again. You could also take pictures of something valuable to a periodical, as there are ways to transfer phone pictures online, to a printer, or to an editor. :thup:
Dajjal she is right. You can buy an inexpensive cell phone at Walmart or other discount seller and just purchase minutes for it on a prepaid plan. If you don't give the number out for social calls, you might never use it for anything other than verifying codes and such that certain websites require, but you would have it for that and also in case of emergency. If your land line is out or you aren't near a phone and you need help, a cell phone can be a life saver. And with the prepaid plans, there are no monthly fees.

Hombre & I each have modestly priced mobile smart phones that we can use to text or make/receive calls, play a game if we like, or Google an address or whatever. We are lucky that our cable company gives us free mobile phone service with unlimited calls and texts included in our TV/land line/internet package. We do pay $12/month for up to a gig of data shared between us--each additional gig is another $12--but only in one month have we ever exceeded that one gig.

Last edited:

I am teetering on the brink of buying the following tv ,Sony BRAVIA KD-32W800-32-inch. My sister tells me she gets Netflix on her tv and recommends it, but my tv is too old. I believe I can connect the Sony tv to the internet through my modem with an ethernet cable, but I am not sure.​

Sounds like a plan. I found this for it, and thought you might be interested.

Sounds like a plan. I found this for it, and thought you might be interested.

Thanks, I purchased the sony TV I mentioned in my post. It is a smart TV and it wants me to talk to it. But I don't want to talk to my television, so I will ignore that feature. I have now watched several films on netflix and am very pleased with it. There is very little new stuff on conventional TV channels. But there are lots of new films and serials on netflix.

Dajjal she is right. You can buy an inexpensive cell phone at Walmart or other discount seller and just purchase minutes for it on a prepaid plan. If you don't give the number out for social calls, you might never use it for anything other than verifying codes and such that certain websites require, but you would have it for that and also in case of emergency. If your land line is out or you aren't near a phone and you need help, a cell phone can be a life saver. And with the prepaid plans, there are no monthly fees.

Hombre & I each have modestly priced mobile smart phones that we can use to text or make/receive calls, play a game if we like, or Google an address or whatever. We are lucky that our cable company gives us free mobile phone service with unlimited calls and texts included in our TV/land line/internet package. We do pay $12/month for up to a gig of data shared between us--each additional gig is another $12--but only in one month have we ever exceeded that one gig.
I may look into buying a mobile phone on a pay as you go basis. Because I do not want a monthly bill for a standing charge on a phone I will hardly ever use. I need one that will receive text messages from web sites, but that's the only feature I need.

I may look into buying a mobile phone on a pay as you go basis. Because I do not want a monthly bill for a standing charge on a phone I will hardly ever use. I need one that will receive text messages from web sites, but that's the only feature I need.
Understood but having ability to get those text messages is a real blessing. And again it is a security precaution when you're outside walking or shopping or whatever. You never know when you might fall, badly sprain an ankle or break something and need to call for help. I am almost never without my phone when I'm out of the house and, on the rare occasions I forget it, I'm uncomfortable. Having a heck of a time convincing Hombre that he should be that way too. :)

I got a horribly sad IM last night. A member here told me his son died. No details. I have no idea how old the boy was, or how he died. All I was told was that he died, and the IM has been broken up about it for nine days, as I know I would be. Most would recognize the screen name, but I won't say who the messenger is, because I'm not sure he would want me to. If he wants it discussed on the open board, he will do it, or tell me he doesn't mind me doing it. I find it harder and harder to believe there is a god, but I'm not ready to say he doesn't exist. On the strength of that possibility, I'm asking those who think it could help to join me in praying for that member. He needs all the support he can get, even if it is from an anonymous group he will probably never meet personally. Losing a child has to be one of the worst things that can happen to anyone, and I shudder to imagine what it would be like.

Oh, Petro, consider yourself lucky for such small destruction! My puppy is about 4 months old now, and she eats pillows, pillowcases, armchairs, couches, the mail, and things to fierce to mention. I didn't mean to make the comparison that my otherwise adorable dog's dumber than your dog.... :laughing0301: ...though it could definitely be true. 😱
D6826450-7DFD-4948-9B33-7474BB0F5E96.jpeg

I got a horribly sad IM last night. A member here told me his son died. No details. I have no idea how old the boy was, or how he died. All I was told was that he died, and the IM has been broken up about it for nine days, as I know I would be. Most would recognize the screen name, but I won't say who the messenger is, because I'm not sure he would want me to. If he wants it discussed on the open board, he will do it, or tell me he doesn't mind me doing it. I find it harder and harder to believe there is a god, but I'm not ready to say he doesn't exist. On the strength of that possibility, I'm asking those who think it could help to join me in praying for that member. He needs all the support he can get, even if it is from an anonymous group he will probably never meet personally. Losing a child has to be one of the worst things that can happen to anyone, and I shudder to imagine what it would be like.
Prayers up. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Parents aren't supposed to outlive their kids. There are some in our Coffee Shop family who don't believe in God or heaven, at least as some of us do, and that's okay. They still support us with positive vibes, encouragement & are good people. I don't require or expect anybody to believe as I believe. But I do believe in God and believe that there is no guarantee that our lives here on Earth will be peaceful, happy, pleasant or whatever. But as Peter said in the Bible, "With the Lord, a day is like a thousand years." Our suffering here is fleeting compared to all eternity. And I also believe God forgives our doubts and questions too. If he doesn't, I'm in big trouble. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I purchased the sony TV I mentioned in my post. It is a smart TV and it wants me to talk to it. But I don't want to talk to my television, so I will ignore that feature. I have now watched several films on netflix and am very pleased with it. There is very little new stuff on conventional TV channels. But there are lots of new films and serials on netflix.
They do have their good points. I didn't think I wanted to talk to ours either but I'll have to admit it's nice to tell the TV to put up certain movies offered for free whether lawyer movies, westerns, whatever or certain titles. Or if I can't remember the channel a certain program is on, the TV usually knows. Occasionally I'll use that feature to change channels but usually just punch them into the remote the old fashioned way.

Every 6 months or so.
I rinse mine out and dry it on the stove after every use. But I can say I really scrub it unless it obviously needs it. And I always reseason it after that scrubbing. That was when we were using it a lot. But after getting my ceramic top stove and I have to be so careful using a heavy cast iron skillet on it, I find myself opting for lighter cookware more often than not these days. But some things just have to be cooked in that cast iron skillet. :)

I am a fairly attentive cook... Precious few times have I let something (flour, breading, etc. ) burn in a cast iron skillet... I want some of the little bits to get a little stuck after cooking or searing a hunk of meat... If I am using the iron skillet, 9 out of 10 times I am going to make gravy... After pouring in the milk or broth (on top of the roux) is the best time to scrape up the little bits... Pour gravy in bowl and grab a biscuit and clean the skillet...:biggrin: If its good gravy, grab 2 biscuits...

1645663612938.png

So, most of the time I clean my skillet with a biscuit...

Hombre came through his hip replacement surgery in great shape, but the first time they got him up, it hurt a lot more than they told him it would. But he should be home to do. A long difficult rehab for somebody his age, but we'll get through it. Our son is here to help for most of two weeks and that is a big blessing. He should be home later today. Hope he's ready.

Hombre came through his hip replacement surgery in great shape, but the first time they got him up, it hurt a lot more than they told him it would. But he should be home to do. A long difficult rehab for somebody his age, but we'll get through it. Our son is here to help for most of two weeks and that is a big blessing. He should be home later today. Hope he's ready.
Best of luck to Hombre and the caretakers also... 👨‍🦼 👥

I just saved 15 percent on my toilet paper bill by switching to Amazon!

Forum List

Back