USMB Coffee Shop IV

One other thing, Foxfyre, I found some pictures of "New Mexico quilt shows"

b421b99f0ee6bbb6de147a5feebea02e.jpg
quilt-show-paducah-best.jpg
image_fc177eec-0990-4c52-87ab-98bcc0df083e.jpg

quilt_show2-WEB-1000x659.jpg
bD99pD0iOtDJTp3oJ9IhgMrF_HqxtVR5bohuZw2UHhSbEM9GYdgr6UEuCmd26IHwT1X-HifIqJU4bGwHIwY8-puG7s_ddCKFKiHdus7UQoTlRUK4noqTYCI4Xd4=s0-d

Not sure where this one is from, but there is a "Stitchin Post" in Bend, Oregon. I met the shop owner at a Quilt show in Jackson Hole, Wyoming one year. Her name was Jean Wells. For some reason we were in a couple of Jenny Beyer classes back in the late 80s or early the 1990s. Her books and works were amazing, and so were Jenny's. Anyhow, This picture wound up as an answer to my request for "New Mexico Quilt Shows." So either the search engine nazi used "quilt shows" liberally, or one of the quilts was from New Mexico. Search engines can pick up on just about anything. We actually visited Jean's shop when my late husband's assignments took us to live in Oregon for five years, but she wasn't there the weekend we went to Bend.

bD99pD0iOtDJTp3oJ9IhgMrF_HqxtVR5bohuZw2UHhSbEM9GYdgr6UEuCmd26IHwT1X-HifIqJU4bGwHIwY8-puG7s_ddCKFKiHdus7UQoTlRUK4noqTYCI4Xd4=s0-d

Not sure where this one is from, but there is a "Stitchin Post" in Bend, Oregon. I met the shop owner at a Quilt show in Jackson Hole, Wyoming one year. Her name was Jean Wells. For some reason we were in a couple of Jenny Beyer classes back in the late 80s or early the 1990s. Her books and works were amazing, and so were Jenny's. Anyhow, This picture wound up as an answer to my request for "New Mexico Quilt Shows." So either the search engine nazi used "quilt shows" liberally, or one of the quilts was from New Mexico. Search engines can pick up on just about anything. We actually visited Jean's shop when my late husband's assignments took us to live in Oregon for five years, but she wasn't there the weekend we went to Bend.
Yes, our area has some awesome quilters. I used to do periodic insurance inspections and premium audits on one of the larger quilt stores here and got to know the owners pretty well. They had some really nice displays in their store.

And some with distinctive southwest designs can attain significant value:
6fb8af5f21c108028c89dd0924c068df--southwestern-quilts-news-mexico.jpg

R.dd5f9bc64027479c924b32c254f4a7ff

R.93589ca959d89e3e9cbb006ac0985acc

Last edited:

Did I tell you about my cousin in Michigan who is a State multi-champion for quilting? Or was it Gracie I told. She has many of her quilts on FB.

The Coffee Shop was to be a place for congenial fellowship and a place to discuss life, love, sorrows, joys, disappointments, successes etc. without the ranker and animosity that too often comes with political, religious etc. discussions.

It wasn't really intended to be about coffee but we have had a lot of fun with coffee over the years too.

I just ran across this article by AARP on the surprising benefits of three to five six-ounce cups of coffee a day--that would be plain coffee of course and not the high fat, high sugar coffee creations:

1. Lowers your risk of Type 2 diabetes
2. Protects your heart
3. Boosts brain health if you don't overdo it
4. Improves your mood for an extended period
5. Helps your workout by circulation, endurance and muscular strength
6. May help you live longer.

Who knew?

I had my first heart catherization in 1998, onw of the questions I was always asked was how much coffee I drank, Like it was a bad thing. I noticed 3 years back they no longer ask that question. Things that make you go hmmmm.

I had my first heart catherization in 1998, onw of the questions I was always asked was how much coffee I drank, Like it was a bad thing. I noticed 3 years back they no longer ask that question. Things that make you go hmmmm.
That's because a modicum of coffee drinking has good aspects in the brain and body. Too much coffee can be very bad for wholebody immune- or heart-related issues. A cup or two can benefit the body. a couple of pots of coffee per diem is on the opposite end of the bodily health dichotomy. The human heart has a rhythm. As we age, we can be grossly affected by overdoing stimulants, and caffeine is a stimulant, usually good unless we take it to over-stimulation.

Hoping everyone at the coffee shop is having a great week! I completed the orange quilt and am working on an all-colors scrap quilt I found in a Grocery-store quilt magazine a couple of days ago. I looked up coffee cup quilts for posting here... and here are the results, and I think when I get the 4 or 5 quilts for July to the quilters, I'm gong to design and make a coffee cup quilt, although it'd be easier to use someone else's pattern. Some of the quilts I found that others made, already:

d08d31f6a35ed82d14fc1744c07249e8.jpg
a036f2e40ecb4b15ce22e816f9e83212.jpg
coffee-cup-quilt-2.jpg

45fadaac15ab7664763938c11a71556e.jpg
R.78fe52e3370d3b6ec6ba48619d565508
R.3f9f49dcbe939496888f71470353957b
af83971fc08e751bfa48229cb5f03601.jpg

R.47e4d7b0eba24db8d140e93d33def212
OIP.UkkVUdCWcnQt-fIDi7GwkgHaJ4
R.ce2bd9f14bbbf66e16c5985fff93b4e0
OIP.-G6lrIcg4RfAJSCJd4AE-gAAAA

With love to all, beautress

I’m feeling lazy today, well, lazy and boring. The weather is great and I have plenty I could be doing but Heck .. I don’t even want to make a list. So goes Lumpy’s day..

I’m feeling lazy today, well, lazy and boring. The weather is great and I have plenty I could be doing but Heck .. I don’t even want to make a list. So goes Lumpy’s day..
You can avoid the lazy temps by getting a bag of juicy oranges and a small electric juicer, cut 3 oranges in half and squeeze them into the juicer. Then get 10 ice cubes and put them in a big glass. Pour the orange juice into the glass, wait 60 seconds and then drink up! If you juice a couple of oranges and put them in the ice cube tray, by the next time you're thirsty, use the frozen juice and squeeze some more orange juice tomorrow, and you'll have a double energizer. The fresh juices have a lot of vitamin C in them, and they're not only a picker upper, they will give your immune system a boost. The next best boost has supplements of a zinc supplement pill, vitamin A sup., vitamin D sup., and get a vitamin B100. It's good for women, and the B100 is great for men, so I've heard. Just tryin' to watch you guys bat a hundred, but the orange juice is a good starter upper. :biggrin: /ceasing unwanted advice. :scared1: Oh, and if you have lemons, they have less sugar if you are diabetic. Be sure to use ice cubes, because they're saying they jump start your metabolism exponentially and if you choose to use water, the jump start is best if you make it a nightly habit to lose weight and enhance your energy cycle also exponentially. But if you doctor was worried by your last EKG, check with him first before you start a program and are over 50.

Last edited:
You can avoid the lazy temps by getting a bag of juicy oranges and a small electric juicer, cut 3 oranges in half and squeeze them into the juicer. Then get 10 ice cubes and put them in a big glass. Pour the orange juice into the glass, wait 60 seconds and then drink up! If you juice a couple of oranges and put them in the ice cube tray, by the next time you're thirsty, use the frozen juice and squeeze some more orange juice tomorrow, and you'll have a double energizer. The fresh juices have a lot of vitamin C in them, and they're not only a picker upper, they will give your immune system a boost. The next best boost has supplements of a zinc supplement pill, vitamin A sup., vitamin D sup., and get a vitamin B100. It's good for women, and the B100 is great for men, so I've heard. Just tryin' to watch you guys bat a hundred, but the orange juice is a good starter upper. :biggrin: /ceasing unwanted advice. :scared1: Oh, and if you have lemons, they have less sugar if you are diabetic. Be sure to use ice cubes, because they're saying they jump start your metabolism exponentially and if you choose to use water, the jump start is best if you make it a nightly habit to lose weight and enhance your energy cycle also exponentially. But if you doctor was worried by your last EKG, check with him first before you start a program and are over 50.
Sheesh .. excellent advice from an amazing lady but I don’t think you’re quite getting the I’m lazy part..

normally, I’m putt putt puttering all over the place despite the heart and lung problems.. but today I’m all puttered out.. hugs Darlin

Last edited:
In my opinion our bodies tell us when it's time to take a day off. You dont' want to take every day off but every now and then a nothing day is good for us. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)

In my opinion our bodies tell us when it's time to take a day off. You dont' want to take every day off but every now and then a nothing day is good for us. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)
I took the morning off to sleep in. Here it is noontime in Central Time Zone, and it feels like 6 am. However, I feel like a million and think I can face the boredom of sewing 21 more complex quilt squares. Each one has 64 square inches to cover. *ho, hum* ....Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go...

Oh. A Panda face?

Forum List

Back