USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Fourth of July
May God Bless America
fourth-of-july-fireworks-at-lincoln-memorial-july-4-credit-dpbirds-flickr.jpg

2764.png
1f90d.png
1f499.png

Thanks for our Vets, Active Service men and women, who so greatly honor of those who gave their all to this country.

Here's an Acapella versionof the The Star Spangled Banner, our National Anthem:

Though I normally find people posting their meals on Fakebook to be kind of corny and pedestrian, today is a marginal exception.

As y'all may or may not know, it's wild berry season up here in the great northwoods...Today's out-of-this world brunch featured wild blueberry cakes, with fresh berry compote and sour cream...YUMMMMMY!

img_20230704_111935702-jpg.801310
Yum. I love pretty much anything blueberry and don't understand those who don't like that particular super food, even in a dessert.

But yeah. I'm an old timer who has actually had a lot of great meals without feeling an impulse to take a picture of the food. (But there are always exceptions.) :)

I honestly don't know whether this is real--the real image or an enhanced one I mean--but it did make me grin. :)

F0YMUcwWAAAxnba

On further searching, I found this photo of 'wall niches' at Fishers Bastion in Budapest:
800px-%C3%81rp%C3%A1d-era_warrior_statues_in_wall_niches_at_Fisherman%27s_Bastion%2C_Budapest_District_I._-_Budimpe%C5%A1tanski_spomenici.jpg

The guy to the left of Woody could be Buddy Ebsen (Jeb Clampett) :)

Last edited:
Finally found the Quilt Magazine Cover that was the inspiration for my current Charity quilt, which only has 6 squares sewn together now, out of 12, some of which haven't been cut out yet. The good thing about it is I don't need 96 squares for a baby quilt when 12 or even 16 will do. I'm not sure yet. I have several more squares cut in 4.5x2.5"; 2.5x2.5"; 4/patch 1.5x1.5". Only I have to change some colors around to prevent personal boredom. :rolleyes-41: I like bright colors for infants because psychologists past believed bright colors improved child intelligence. I just like bright colors, though. I find them challenging and even entertaining.

Here's the magazine with the blocks I'm rearranging both in color and number. The quilt is said to have 96 squares. And baby quilts should be at least 43x43" and crib quilts need to be around 45x60," unless the baby was born 5' tall. <giggle> My colorful one will have 16 squares. and will measure 32" before border and between 43" or 45" square, big maybe since I really like to fool around with borders to make the quilt a one-of-a-kind.

s-l1600.jpg

I love this quilt because it has turned out to be
an enigma and I had to rip out and redo the first 3 squares before I got the hang of it.
I put aside a royal blue/blue-on-white fields and furrows log cabin baby quilt.
Gosh, I can hardly wait to go upstairs and turn the 6 completed squares into one with 16 squares.
I think that will take up all my spare time for the next 3 days.
I think that since I got the magazine above last week, it may still be in grocery stores or quilt shops that carry magazines. It showed up
at Brookshire Brothers' grocery store a few miles up the road from the Sam Houston National Forest (of Tall Pines.) You might be able to find one online
if someone in your family makes quilts and likes this one as much as I did when I first saw it. I'm not kidding, I've made over a thousand quilts in
my lifetime, most of which were donated to charity, and I saved less than 10 for my own household. My puppies chewed the edges on two of them, so now
when they are allowed indoors, the bedrooms are closed off. A couple of them are so used anyway they will only serve about another 10 years. I'm not making one
like the above, because in an 8 hour day, I can only cut and assemble 3 blocks. When you're a senior, they say "challenges" are good for keeping your mind sharp.
/excuses, excuses :tongue:

Looked up "best jokes for 2023" and here's what the search engine brought:

• What falls, but never needs a bandage? The rain.
  • I was going to tell you a joke about boxing but I forgot the punch line.
  • I'm not a fan of spring cleaning. Let's be honest, I'm not into summer, fall, or winter cleaning either.
  • Why did the egg hide? It was a little chicken.
  • What did the dirt say to the rain? If you keep this up, my name will be mud!
  • Why couldn't the sunflower ride its bike? It lost its petals.
  • What's an egg's favorite vacation spot? New Yolk City.
  • I ate a sock yesterday. It was very time-consuming.
  • What kind of candy do astronauts like? Mars bars.
  • I wanted to buy some camo pants but couldn't find any.
  • I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.
  • What month is the shortest of the year? May, it only has three letters.
  • What did the snail who was riding on the turtle's back say? Wheeeee!
  • I was going to tell a time traveling joke, but you guys didn't like it.
  • What do you call a lazy kangaroo? A pouch potato.
  • I used to run a dating service for chickens, but I was struggling to make hens meet.
  • Why do we tell actors to "break a leg?" Because every play has a cast.
  • What does a pig put on dry skin? Oinkment.
  • What do you call it when a snowman throws a tantrum? A meltdown.
  • My uncle named his dogs Timex and Rolex. They're his watch dogs.
  • Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off? He's all right now.
  • How do you open a banana? With a mon-key.
  • Which is faster, hot or cold? Hot, because you can catch cold.
  • What did one plate say to the other plate? Dinner's on me.
  • Why do oranges wear sunscreen? So they don't peel.
  • My wife told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down.
  • What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop.
  • Where does Batman go to the bathroom? The batroom.
  • What do you call a pony with a sore throat? A little horse.
  • What did the left eye say to the right eye? Between you and me, something smells.
  • What did the mama tomato say to the baby tomato? Catch up!
  • Why didn't the melons get married? Because they cantaloupe.
  • What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta.
  • How did the pig get to the hogspital? In a hambulance.
  • I'm so good at sleeping I can do it with my eyes closed!
  • Why does Humpty Dumpty love autumn? Because he had a great fall.
  • What happens when a strawberry gets run over crossing the street? Traffic jam.
  • Why did the cow jump over the moon? The farmer had cold hands.
  • A termite walks into a bar and says, "So, is the bar tender here?"
  • How does an octopus go into battle? Well-armed.
  • What do you call a pudgy psychic? A four-chin teller.
Hopefully it'll bring a little smile to your faces. Love ya'all :huddle:

Looked up "best jokes for 2023" and here's what the search engine brought:

• What falls, but never needs a bandage? The rain.
  • I was going to tell you a joke about boxing but I forgot the punch line.
  • I'm not a fan of spring cleaning. Let's be honest, I'm not into summer, fall, or winter cleaning either.
  • Why did the egg hide? It was a little chicken.
  • What did the dirt say to the rain? If you keep this up, my name will be mud!
  • Why couldn't the sunflower ride its bike? It lost its petals.
  • What's an egg's favorite vacation spot? New Yolk City.
  • I ate a sock yesterday. It was very time-consuming.
  • What kind of candy do astronauts like? Mars bars.
  • I wanted to buy some camo pants but couldn't find any.
  • I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.
  • What month is the shortest of the year? May, it only has three letters.
  • What did the snail who was riding on the turtle's back say? Wheeeee!
  • I was going to tell a time traveling joke, but you guys didn't like it.
  • What do you call a lazy kangaroo? A pouch potato.
  • I used to run a dating service for chickens, but I was struggling to make hens meet.
  • Why do we tell actors to "break a leg?" Because every play has a cast.
  • What does a pig put on dry skin? Oinkment.
  • What do you call it when a snowman throws a tantrum? A meltdown.
  • My uncle named his dogs Timex and Rolex. They're his watch dogs.
  • Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off? He's all right now.
  • How do you open a banana? With a mon-key.
  • Which is faster, hot or cold? Hot, because you can catch cold.
  • What did one plate say to the other plate? Dinner's on me.
  • Why do oranges wear sunscreen? So they don't peel.
  • My wife told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down.
  • What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop.
  • Where does Batman go to the bathroom? The batroom.
  • What do you call a pony with a sore throat? A little horse.
  • What did the left eye say to the right eye? Between you and me, something smells.
  • What did the mama tomato say to the baby tomato? Catch up!
  • Why didn't the melons get married? Because they cantaloupe.
  • What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta.
  • How did the pig get to the hogspital? In a hambulance.
  • I'm so good at sleeping I can do it with my eyes closed!
  • Why does Humpty Dumpty love autumn? Because he had a great fall.
  • What happens when a strawberry gets run over crossing the street? Traffic jam.
  • Why did the cow jump over the moon? The farmer had cold hands.
  • A termite walks into a bar and says, "So, is the bar tender here?"
  • How does an octopus go into battle? Well-armed.
  • What do you call a pudgy psychic? A four-chin teller.
Hopefully it'll bring a little smile to your faces. Love ya'all :huddle:
I love cornball humor .. being a, “cornball” myself..

My bother and his long lost love just left for the home country (Canada) after visiting for a week. My darlin sister and hubby showed up as well from half way across the country. The love is still bouncing off the walls..

Sometimes in life you just feel blessed.. and cornbally.. 😄

Hey everybody stopping in after a long absence,how many of you hear know who Kristen kreuk is without looking her name up in google search?

The Weeny War .. my wife likes Oscar Meyer and I like just about anything else as long as it’s at least labeled beef…🤔
Sure .. I’ll eat Oscar Meyer but I do feel obligated to be insulting about it (they are actually pretty good barbecued)
Anyway .. it’s a friendly war that’s raged for “wow” 37 yrs. and I’m not sure why I brought it up but perhaps we’re not the only fun war couple.
.🥸

I love cornball humor .. being a, “cornball” myself..
Cornball? I should provide pillows for my hobby's boredom to some guys... Even so, I just looked up the most recent Houston Quilt Show which was "Modern Art Quilts" (or something like that). Of the top 10 quilts they shared, I loved 3 of them, although I'm usually neutral when it comes to modern art due to my traditional biases...
But these three just lit my fire for their unique qualities and use of color and shades:

PerseveranceMuddA-1024x1024.jpg
UrbanCabinsA-780x1024.jpg
21stCenturyModerA-890x1024.jpg

OK,ok, I guess i do like really, really unique works of Modern Art.
Some pics in the top ten were so small, the quilting wasn't obvious due to photography anomalies, and quilting can greatly influence the best of good quilt show judges. To find out where the numeric excellence (1 may be the highest) you can visit the 2022 show's website here: Quilt Gallery - Quilts So much for my favorites, 1,6, & 10 (not in that order) keeping in mind that from a distance, you may miss the intricate quilting that swamped the opinion of excellent judges. My goal in a quilt of consequence is visual impact from a distance, with no credence to excellence known by a hands-on experienced quilter and quilt judge. I've seen art exhibits that don't even approach the overall beauty of the above quilts. OK, gimme my pillows back, dear ones. <giggle>

Cornball? I should provide pillows for my hobby's boredom to some guys... Even so, I just looked up the most recent Houston Quilt Show which was "Modern Art Quilts" (or something like that). Of the top 10 quilts they shared, I loved 3 of them, although I'm usually neutral when it comes to modern art due to my traditional biases...
But these three just lit my fire for their unique qualities and use of color and shades:

PerseveranceMuddA-1024x1024.jpg
UrbanCabinsA-780x1024.jpg
21stCenturyModerA-890x1024.jpg

OK,ok, I guess i do like really, really unique works of Modern Art.
Some pics in the top ten were so small, the quilting wasn't obvious due to photography anomalies, and quilting can greatly influence the best of good quilt show judges. To find out where the numeric excellence (1 may be the highest) you can visit the 2022 show's website here: Quilt Gallery - Quilts So much for my favorites, 1,6, & 10 (not in that order) keeping in mind that from a distance, you may miss the intricate quilting that swamped the opinion of excellent judges. My goal in a quilt of consequence is visual impact from a distance, with no credence to excellence known by a hands-on experienced quilter and quilt judge. I've seen art exhibits that don't even approach the overall beauty of the above quilts. OK, gimme my pillows back, dear ones. <giggle>

Quilting .. it makes you happy .. so I love it.. 😉

… I’d say I appreciate all forms of craftsmanship and haven’t I told you that I find you amazing lately. ( .. for a lot more than quilting btw).
We dropped by Sisters last week (visitors) on our travels to various local waterfalls in Oregon, they were about to have a quilting extravaganza in town .. I thought of you and kinda felt like I’d missed you.

Sheesh .. excellent advice from an amazing lady but I don’t think you’re quite getting the I’m lazy part..

normally, I’m putt putt puttering all over the place despite the heart and lung problems.. but today I’m all puttered out.. hugs Darlin
There's a solution to the humdrums. And it's simple. Take a nap. When you wake up you'll be yourself again sans the worries. :thup:

Forum List

Back