USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just a little blast from the past...good reason to have a great day!

1689164360587.jpeg
OIP.YHXZN-kI_ocgIOy8Yi5EKQHaHa
OIP.mJ_d3pX3t11yheXUsd9fqwHaHa
OIP.EAsxQ95QnXhGuhQts1pu-gAAAA
OIP.Oi8XyCB7sopfEwh9alV4mQHaHa

OIP.a0tManJw32h8qWv0-zPgBQHaLH
OIP.hlCXmOJ8dMqrSi5_bWM_YwHaFS
OIP.14Xu-Z9PUtiWATH5KnMZzQAAAA
OIP.g8unB7Xu6_6hsA_rKoz06gHaGt
OIP.Yo0XOZp5msB-FiO2d4QK8gHaHa
OIP.P0UmtbG7gHxNwCZQgqy7BgAAAA

OIP.i10hON_VgjqEVGDtv_W4PgAAAA
OIP.xXgvyC58AkvuIYskz8nCYgAAAA

Last edited:
Wife bought me an electric high pressure sprayer. Used it to clean off some outdoor wooden furniture that looked on its last legs. Some modest steel wool after that add new spray on stain. Some water proofing and it looks like new. Was seriously considering scrapping it. Spayed both sets of back stairs of. It's like they are brand new. What a labor saver

Last edited:
Finished another charity quilt top today. It took 2 days of work. I thought today was Monday, but when I checked the time, saw that it was Sunday. :shock:

I found a style of some quilts last week that are all colorful, so I used my own fabrics to do something similar, except I used some of my own patterns.

0308089a7b84dc63219d9d16c319ad1a.jpg
4ac4c74fcfec74a74b7332af35648766.jpg
157498626_3720437308040083_4816677677325997184_n.jpg
1c12af0b54401f28da20b28cc2c08af5.jpg

OIP.4Rmg2L0LBnFrdKrRM3hrdAAAAA
R.e71249f33de41c8d232ebb0c26ac95d5
OIP.UZsC15ZlGHHA2MwpiXZVmAAAAA
OIP.2U-KqIzntEaoPQ-k3RbNuwHaJl

Last edited:
Wife bought me an electric high pressure sprayer. Used it to clean off some outdoor wooden furniture that looked on its last legs. Some modest steel wool after that add new spray on stain. Some water proofing and it looks like new. Was seriously considering scrapping it. Spayed both sets of back stairs of. It's like they are brand new. What a labor saver
I think we need one of those

Okay this was good:
292795140_2141973665975869_6839120812409496414_n.jpg

Reminded me of our business we are now retired from. Among other things we did insurance safety (wind- fire -theft etc. risks and insurance premium audits. ) One business I went to regularly, mostly for safety inspections as well as their annual audit, was a large motorcycle dealer who had been plagued with burglaries. He had a high fence around the property and ample locks etc. but still had the problem. He said he used to have a couple of yard dogs and never had a problem ever with theft until the insurance company made him get rid of them because they were a liability risk. :)

Last edited:
Aaaa-choo! Today I was supposed to take the quilt tops I finished to the Charity Bees sew-in. And I caught a big fat cold! I'm a mess. I feel so lousy I don't even want to leave the house today. Headache, sore throat, sinusitis, sneezing, I don't want to give anyone this cold by showing up, and I had two of my best quilt tops ever to share with my dear quilter friends. The hot coffee helped a little, but every time I sneeze, it feels like I need a shower. *sigh* Hope everyone else is having a nice day. I hate having this awful cold. :(. Well, next month's meeting,hopefully I will have more quilt tops to give the quilters, but just not today. Aaa-choooo! That does it. It's homeward bound and homeward stay today. :(
Not quite finished yet--
Front5.jpg

finished orange log cabin, but mine has light blue inner border with all else being orange.
s-l300.jpg

There isn't a single quilt out there with 9 courthouse-steps log cabins with 9 different colors that I could find. Wish I had a gift for taking pictures. One of the squares has horse portrait fabric in center, another has a windmill, and others have different centers. I can't even find the quilts that inspired the quilt a few weeks back. :( Oh well, like catching a bad cold, that's life. :dunno: Time to squeeze some oranges for juice...

Aaaa-choo! Today I was supposed to take the quilt tops I finished to the Charity Bees sew-in. And I caught a big fat cold! I'm a mess. I feel so lousy I don't even want to leave the house today. Headache, sore throat, sinusitis, sneezing, I don't want to give anyone this cold by showing up, and I had two of my best quilt tops ever to share with my dear quilter friends. The hot coffee helped a little, but every time I sneeze, it feels like I need a shower. *sigh* Hope everyone else is having a nice day. I hate having this awful cold. :(. Well, next month's meeting,hopefully I will have more quilt tops to give the quilters, but just not today. Aaa-choooo! That does it. It's homeward bound and homeward stay today. :(
Not quite finished yet--
Front5.jpg

finished orange log cabin, but mine has light blue inner border with all else being orange.
s-l300.jpg

There isn't a single quilt out there with 9 courthouse-steps log cabins with 9 different colors that I could find. Wish I had a gift for taking pictures. One of the squares has horse portrait fabric in center, another has a windmill, and others have different centers. I can't even find the quilts that inspired the quilt a few weeks back. :( Oh well, like catching a bad cold, that's life. :dunno: Time to squeeze some oranges for juice...
Aw so sorry. I can't remember the last time I had a cold--has been many years--but I do remember how miserable they are. May it be short lived. I do recommend just eating the oranges though instead of juiicing them. :)

Just lost a dear friend from the construction wars to stage 4 brain cancer.

Was having trouble keeping a grip with his left hand all day, on last fall/early winter's project....Thought he was dealing with carpal tunnel until the diagnosis came back last April.

Super great guy that everyone liked having on the job.

Going to be with the crew tomorrow...Not going to be easy.

Fare thee well, Bo....You'll be missed by one and all.

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Bo.jpeg

Last edited:

Was having trouble keeping a grip with his left hand all day, on last fall/early winter's project....Thought he was dealing with carpal tunnel until the diagnosis came back last April.

Super great guy that everyone liked haivng on the job.

View attachment 806078

That sucks... looks waaay too young to go.

View attachment 806078
Sincere condolences.

View attachment 806078
He looks like someone everybody would take to with no problem at all. Losing good people, especially so young, is so hard. Sending you a virtual hug. So sorry.

Quilting .. it makes you happy .. so I love it.. 😉

… I’d say I appreciate all forms of craftsmanship and haven’t I told you that I find you amazing lately. ( .. for a lot more than quilting btw).
We dropped by Sisters last week (visitors) on our travels to various local waterfalls in Oregon, they were about to have a quilting extravaganza in town .. I thought of you and kinda felt like I’d missed you.
I love Oregon. We lived there for 5 years, 4 years in North Albany with 9 acres of blackberry forest and 2 acres yard and garden. It's so beautiful there, from Multnomah Falls to Ashland we'd drive around, visited the beach at Newport and a year in Medford where Bill had his engineering Pacific power office. Our two kids and nephew, Jackson, whose dad was away in the Navy, so he stayed with us for several years until his dad retired from his service. Several years were crunched by 20-hour days, so my big brother got 20 years credit in 18 years. And he came by and picked up his son when he retired. He was happy to be reunited, and so was I for the both of them. Sisters was a town near where my husband had a couple of acres on a river (Rogue?) We'd go there in the summers just to walk fence. The 5 years we were there we not as rainy as usual so the local friends said. We really had nice weather. 1978-83. Then it was back to Casper Wyoming until Bill retired. It seemed everywhere we ever lived there were really nice people wherever we went. Our lives always centered around the nearest Presbyterian Church. 💜 ☦️💟

Update.

My treatment is over.

I didn’t lose my hair, and l’m spending four weeks in the ME.

On to better times. For all of us.
:yes_text12: \

This has been a good day for me. I came down with a fever 3 days ago, and had a really bad sneezefest. Now I feel good as new. That's the common cold for you. Only this one started with a high fever, but if you ride it out, you're usually none the worse for the wear. And I brought the girl doggies in for the evening a few minutes ago. We're having a four-week 100+ degrees Farenheit stretch. And I have to use the fan to blow the air upstairs, because the main floor air conditioner is all that's working. My brother said he'd be coming up next weekend to check out the systems, but he usually forgets now that he's driving to San Antonio for his company's services performed there. They plumb and air condition among other services to new buildings in the Houston area usually, but they had an opportunity in San Antonio, so my brother has another couple of months there until the job is done. They're quite busy all the time, and he's a good supervisor with all his mechanical skills. I start shaking with a screw driver in my hand. I didn't get the mechanical gene at all. :lmao: OTOH, my brother doesn't know how to use a sewing machine. I should make him have to bring a pair of old comfortable jeans that have a hole in the knee, so maybe I could pay him back for when he helps me out. Well, Miss Princess needs a little TLC. I think she forgot to drink her water when I let the girls in. I finally got a few rows of a blue and white charity bee quilt completed, now I just have to wait for a little cool night air upstairs so I can press the backs of the quilt top into good shape so I can attach the inner and outer borders. Love y'all. I'm still not a photographer, but I found a quilt top that looks like the fields and furrows log cabin quilt top I just finished this morning:
This one is a lot like what I'm working on:
Except mine has 1" strips, 5 across and 5 down
The one below is a quickie of quickies., but
I like log cabins with a lot going in in the diagonals.

s-l300.jpg

OIP.ZNiMSvBW954T5O2kDQechwAAAA

Right colors, very good.

OK, I'm done. Have a great evening, all and I'm going to spend the night with cool skin all over without all this summer hot spell.
Vespers on me for a peaceful world
There is a balm in Gilead

Forum List

Back