USMB Coffee Shop IV

Public service announcement. (Madrid is a small, quaint town on the back road between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.)

363980888_5346618548796268_2932289924990379994_n.jpg

Hi all. Hope everyone's fine. I know I've not been around much for a while but it's probably going to become much longer between visits. Nothing that's wrong with me at the moment I pretty much lost interest due to other interests I'm doing in my life. Besides I'm really tired of the same old same old that permeates the vast majority of the board. So for now I'll say see ya later and yeah I might drop in from time to time. Stay safe and may God bless you abundantly and richly.

Hi all. Hope everyone's fine. I know I've not been around much for a while but it's probably going to become much longer between visits. Nothing that's wrong with me at the moment I pretty much lost interest due to other interests I'm doing in my life. Besides I'm really tired of the same old same old that permeates the vast majority of the board. So for now I'll say see ya later and yeah I might drop in from time to time. Stay safe and may God bless you abundantly and richly.
And please do stop in and let us know how you're doing now and then. You have been one of the strong pillars of the Coffee Shop over the years. You're missed.

""God bless you abundantly and richly" as well Ringel..

The Coffee Shop always makes me smile, relax, feel friendship, caring and assurance that there is kindness and humanity.

mmm.. not so much with politics and such .. good moods die quickly these days. :lol:

I was wondering about you the other day. I almost asked if anyone had heard from you.

I figured you were out on your bike and living life.

I don't have a lot of coffee in the morning. Usually 1 or 2 cups. But once I leave the bedroom/bathroom area, I head for those 1 or 2 cups first thing and feel really frustrated if the coffee isn't read. (Hombre almost always gets up earlier than me and makes the coffee.) So I guess I am somewhat addicted. But I don't want to become unaddicted. :)

And Hi Beau. How are those two little ones on the vigil list doing?

I don't have a lot of coffee in the morning. Usually 1 or 2 cups. But once I leave the bedroom/bathroom area, I head for those 1 or 2 cups first thing and feel really frustrated if the coffee isn't read. (Hombre almost always gets up earlier than me and makes the coffee.) So I guess I am somewhat addicted. But I don't want to become unaddicted. :)

And Hi Beau. How are those two little ones on the vigil list doing?

Hi Friendo! The little ones are doing much much better now. Alex is still an itty bitty little guy - but he is thriving! Thank you for all of the prayers.

Scored today. Points with the wife and bucks in the pocket. She is replacing the lighting in the kitchen dining room are. Bought em when the girls were little so its gotta be close to twenty yrs. Wants LED fixtures. She was looking at Menards and Home Depot. Not a great lot of selection there. Took her to a lighting only store today. Turns out its their store for discontinued fixtures, ergo big savings. Got a $1600 four ft long by about 7" wide with five waves of light bars for $400. Thats going in the kitchen. Need one over the dining table and something small over the sink.

Scored today. Points with the wife and bucks in the pocket. She is replacing the lighting in the kitchen dining room are. Bought em when the girls were little so its gotta be close to twenty yrs. Wants LED fixtures. She was looking at Menards and Home Depot. Not a great lot of selection there. Took her to a lighting only store today. Turns out its their store for discontinued fixtures, ergo big savings. Got a $1600 four ft long by about 7" wide with five waves of light bars for $400. Thats going in the kitchen. Need one over the dining table and something small over the sink.

J'adore a bargain - well done!

chez boe, we're working through the 50 year supply of incandescent bulbs that we bought the last time them were banned.

Sounds good. We had the florescent bulbs in our kitchen replaced with LED light bars a year or so ago. Made such a difference. And was not as expensive as I expected even though we had to hire an electrician to do it. Not practical for the dining area--need a new ceiling light fan assembly for that. But bargains are good. Like boedicca we still have a supply of incandescent bulbs.

J'adore a bargain - well done!

chez boe, we're working through the 50 year supply of incandescent bulbs that we bought the last time them were banned.
Hombre used to do that to me. He drove past Krispy Kream every time he went to the barber and always came home with a box of donuts for which I have zero will power. And he would surprise me with a box on my desk for various occasions. I had to ask him to stop doing that. As I said, zero will power and I can't eat just one.

D
Sounds good. We had the florescent bulbs in our kitchen replaced with LED light bars a year or so ago. Made such a difference. And was not as expensive as I expected even though we had to hire an electrician to do it. Not practical for the dining area--need a new ceiling light fan assembly for that. But bargains are good. Like boedicca we still have a supply of incandescent bulbs.
Don't have any incandescents but this will leave me quite a stock of 60w led.

Hombre used to do that to me. He drove past Krispy Kream every time he went to the barber and always came home with a box of donuts for which I have zero will power. And he would surprise me with a box on my desk for various occasions. I had to ask him to stop doing that. As I said, zero will power and I can't eat just one.

mr. boe has much more of a sweet tooth than I do. If it isn't chocolate or caramel, I'm not interested. But - a maple bar is close enough to caramel to tempt me! I had one - and mr. boe ate all of the rest (not at one sitting, btw).

mr. boe has much more of a sweet tooth than I do. If it isn't chocolate or caramel, I'm not interested. But - a maple bar is close enough to caramel to tempt me! I had one - and mr. boe ate all of the rest (not at one sitting, btw).
Sadly because both of us tend to gain weight easily and have to work at it to keep the weight off, both Hombre and I have sweet tooths. And not the best will power to resist. I want to get to the age my Aunt Betty is--97 next month--and hear the doctor say eat whatever you want. At your age it doesn't really matter. (Of course she is and has always been petite and can usually stand to gain a few pounds.) :)

In case you ever wondered, this is my Aunt Betty who will be 97 years young next month, still walks where she wants to go without cane or walker, still drives herself in her car to nearby appointments, grocery shopping, etc., and until we moved her into an assisted living facility earlier this year lived alone, did her own laundry and a lot of her own housework and yardwork including trotting up and down a steep flight of stairs several times a day.

She is my inspiration that it ain't over til it's over. And yes, she still looks just like this photo that is less than a year old.

241283888_307802631108809_2928559760080023627_n.jpg

Forum List

Back