USMB Coffee Shop IV

I apologize for the lack of pictures on this one. I have been feeding stray cats on my front porch now for over a year now. Sometimes I have to make little piles of food down my side walk about six feet apart so we don't have kitty wars when more than two show up. Yesterday was such a day with three here. I usually make a pile on the top step and my favorite three-legged cat get the porch. With three I made a pile in the middle of the walk.

Apparently a squirrel ate some of it yesterday when there was leftovers, so this morning I have two cats eating on the porch and less than four feet away, a black squirrel eating on the top step. Grabbing pieces of dry food with his front paws and standing up looking around while eating.

I hate to break it to you, but if you have been feeding them for a year, they are no longer strays. They are your cats. :D

Probably his squirrel too.

I'm probably related to the squirrel...:D

1157393_10151929931153716_707762943_n.jpg

Sleep! Wonderful sleep!!! I went to bed last night at 9:00 pm and slept until 6:00 am without waking up. It's the first night I have had a full night's sleep without being brought out of slumber because of pain in either my knees, shoulders or elbows. When I did wake up, I had some knee pain, lower back pain and a slight headache. I took my morning meds and went back to bed and slept until 11:00 am. I woke up feeling much much better. I think I may survive this Lyme disease thing. Feeling pretty good right now. I felt even better after I found out that my beloved Redskins won their football game but then had a slight relapse when I saw that the Packers didn't win their game. Have another coffee and shout out "Hail to the Redskins!!!" Life goes on.

Cheering BBD on for a speedy and full recovery!!!!

And okay guys. While I love you bikers, I am pretty much an anti-motorcycle person philosophically, probably from seeing so many victims of motorcycle accidents brought into hospital emergency rooms.

But I have to say, I definitely want one of these:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a bit of a scare. The wife had the cats out back and suddenly called for me. The back yard is tiered and up on the second tier was my oldest Jasper facing off with a large grey fox not 5 feet apart. Ran up barefoot and chased the fox off, of course Jasper goes after the fox with me yelling at Jasper.
The wife didn't realize at first it was a fox and it never crossed her mind that Jasper might have been a potential meal for the fox. I was so worried about Jasper that it didn't cross my mind that the fox might have been rabid....... Thank God it took off.

Dang! That was a close call. One of the reasons I do not allow my house cats free roaming privileges is because I have had two taken by foxes.

My cat passed away awhile ago, she was with us for 20 years. She wandered in her younger years. Sometimes coming back with wounds we'd have to take her to the vet to fix. I don't believe in keeping a cat locked up in the house. They like their freedom. I figure that if I were a cat, I wouldn't want to be trapped in the house all day. Yeah, it may reduce their lifespan, but what would you rather have, 5 years with all the outdoors to play in, or 20 years stuck in a house?

I agree that cats need the room to explore but around here I have seen them going into the sewers. I most certainly don't want a cat bringing back into my house whatever it found down there. The township has issued an ordinance requiring all sewers to have grills on them but until all of the sewers are secured that is still a risk factor. On top of that we have a large deer population which means deer ticks and Lymes disease.

And okay guys. While I love you bikers, I am pretty much an anti-motorcycle person philosophically, probably from seeing so many victims of motorcycle accidents brought into hospital emergency rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uRN8tgvjA

:thup:

All electric too! If it can handle my commute I want one for sure! C&D drive says that the range is 30 miles and recharge is only 3 hours from a standard outlet.

Sleep! Wonderful sleep!!! I went to bed last night at 9:00 pm and slept until 6:00 am without waking up. It's the first night I have had a full night's sleep without being brought out of slumber because of pain in either my knees, shoulders or elbows. When I did wake up, I had some knee pain, lower back pain and a slight headache. I took my morning meds and went back to bed and slept until 11:00 am. I woke up feeling much much better. I think I may survive this Lyme disease thing. Feeling pretty good right now. I felt even better after I found out that my beloved Redskins won their football game but then had a slight relapse when I saw that the Packers didn't win their game. Have another coffee and shout out "Hail to the Redskins!!!" Life goes on.

I'm jealous. I've had 6 hours sleep in the last 2 nights, total, not each.

This is not helping you to heal in other ways Sheila. Have you tried any of the OTC sleep aids? They have done wonders for Hombre's insomnia. He still wakes up sometimes when he doesn't want to, but when he has taken them he is able to go back to sleep. If he doesn't take them he can't. Once he wakes up he might as well get up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uRN8tgvjA

That "trike" is pretty cool.

This is not helping you to heal in other ways Sheila. Have you tried any of the OTC sleep aids? They have done wonders for Hombre's insomnia. He still wakes up sometimes when he doesn't want to, but when he has taken them he is able to go back to sleep. If he doesn't take them he can't. Once he wakes up he might as well get up.

I actually have medication prescribed. It helps me get to sleep but lately it's not keeping me asleep.

I actually have medication prescribed. It helps me get to sleep but lately it's not keeping me asleep.

I sure would talk it over with your doc. Chronic sleeplessness is not good for you in any way.

Anyone have a means of communicating with freedombecki that they are just too shy to use? I have contacted other parties in the past and destroyed the contact information immediately after making contact to protect the poster. Just want to know she is okay and report that back to the CS. PM only please.

Forum List

Back