Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Today is day 13 of the Great Stat-Princess-Statalina 2014 vacation.

We were planning to visit a castle in the city of Aschaffenburg (about a 2 hour drive) to visit a newfound friend, but little Miss Statalina woke up somewhat sick in the night, with a fever, so she will be in bed for a good while today.

I think she got too much sun yesterday and will need extra rest. It's really hard to find the perfect balance with little kids, I am learning.

Friday, we visited an enchanted Forest (Märchenwald) in a place called Bad Breising , and it was quite a hike. Here she is, with her best friend, at the entrance to the Forest:

$IMG_20140808_115222.jpg

And the two of them peering into the Snow-White display:

$IMG_20140808_121340.jpg

Hiking up, seeing the displays (all about 30 meters apart from each other on a trail), playing at a playground, eating lunch, walking back down: 5 hours

Then, we went swimming for the usual 4 hours.

Yesterday, we went bike riding to a nearby place called Königswinter and then we played badminton for a couple of hours, this is where I think she got too much sun.

So, today will be a chill day.

My cat chased off Labs. You could tell which dogs he met by the large scratch each one had on their nose.

In my neighborhood there are dogs...... deer, elk, pronghorn, coyotes, foxes, wolves, bears, rattlers, etc...... We live in the foothills close to the edge of town, Trinidad ain't very big.
The cats don't go outside without us and yes, there is always a firearm readily available should the need arise. When we finally relocate back up to the Springs most of that potential problem goes away as we will be in an established suburban neighborhood on the high plains.

My cat was 3 feet long from tip of tail to nose and 15" high at the shoulder. Think Bobcat size.

I apologize for the lack of pictures on this one. I have been feeding stray cats on my front porch now for over a year now. Sometimes I have to make little piles of food down my side walk about six feet apart so we don't have kitty wars when more than two show up. Yesterday was such a day with three here. I usually make a pile on the top step and my favorite three-legged cat get the porch. With three I made a pile in the middle of the walk.

Apparently a squirrel ate some of it yesterday when there was leftovers, so this morning I have two cats eating on the porch and less than four feet away, a black squirrel eating on the top step. Grabbing pieces of dry food with his front paws and standing up looking around while eating.

So I watch the two cats and squirrel for a while, then see Meet the Press discuss Iraq. Wish I could get everyone to watch my cats and squirrel for a minute. Just perspective, not a political statement.

Does anyone know anything about buying website, like a domain?

I am wanting to buy a domain so I can transfer the contents of my blog over to it. It would mean that the blog would be accessible to the tens of thousands training with GKR around the world, and not just those who view my Facebook. Does anyone know if its possible to do such a thing?

Noomi! Godaddy.com for the US... I figure they must deal in OZ domains as well.

try au.godaddy.com

In all likelihood you will also want to purchase a hosting service for your domain/website. I've used HostMonster for years and have been very happy with their service. For roughly $5 a month, they will host your website and include one free domain name and all kinds of software to help maintain your website. You can pay additional monies if you need technical support to build or maintain the website but I've never used them for technical services.

I apologize for the lack of pictures on this one. I have been feeding stray cats on my front porch now for over a year now. Sometimes I have to make little piles of food down my side walk about six feet apart so we don't have kitty wars when more than two show up. Yesterday was such a day with three here. I usually make a pile on the top step and my favorite three-legged cat get the porch. With three I made a pile in the middle of the walk.

Apparently a squirrel ate some of it yesterday when there was leftovers, so this morning I have two cats eating on the porch and less than four feet away, a black squirrel eating on the top step. Grabbing pieces of dry food with his front paws and standing up looking around while eating.

I hate to break it to you, but if you have been feeding them for a year, they are no longer strays. They are your cats. :D

My cat chased off Labs. You could tell which dogs he met by the large scratch each one had on their nose.

In my neighborhood there are dogs...... deer, elk, pronghorn, coyotes, foxes, wolves, bears, rattlers, etc...... We live in the foothills close to the edge of town, Trinidad ain't very big.
The cats don't go outside without us and yes, there is always a firearm readily available should the need arise. When we finally relocate back up to the Springs most of that potential problem goes away as we will be in an established suburban neighborhood on the high plains.

My cat was 3 feet long from tip of tail to nose and 15" high at the shoulder. Think Bobcat size.

That would be Boo who is 26 pounds. He was down on the lowest tier looking up to see what was going on. The fox probably would have thought twice about trying to attack him as he's about as big as the fox was. My wife told me she had just seen Blondie (a neighbors cat right before the fox arrived. It's possible the fox was hunting Blondie, who slipped off to a side yard just before the encounter.
Good thing I called the yard guy to come and mow, with all the rain the tall grass and weeds make a great hiding place for predators.

Forum List

Back