USMB Coffee Shop IV

funny-easily-distracted-douche-01.gif
Good Heavens! It looks like he was knocked unconscious. Hopefully he was not seriously hurt.

I think his Raybans might have been broken too.
The Raybans may have cushioned the impact a bit ... just a bit ... :D

Just had a bit of a scare. The wife had the cats out back and suddenly called for me. The back yard is tiered and up on the second tier was my oldest Jasper facing off with a large grey fox not 5 feet apart. Ran up barefoot and chased the fox off, of course Jasper goes after the fox with me yelling at Jasper.
The wife didn't realize at first it was a fox and it never crossed her mind that Jasper might have been a potential meal for the fox. I was so worried about Jasper that it didn't cross my mind that the fox might have been rabid....... Thank God it took off.

Just had a bit of a scare. The wife had the cats out back and suddenly called for me. The back yard is tiered and up on the second tier was my oldest Jasper facing off with a large grey fox not 5 feet apart. Ran up barefoot and chased the fox off, of course Jasper goes after the fox with me yelling at Jasper.
The wife didn't realize at first it was a fox and it never crossed her mind that Jasper might have been a potential meal for the fox. I was so worried about Jasper that it didn't cross my mind that the fox might have been rabid....... Thank God it took off.

Dang! That was a close call. One of the reasons I do not allow my house cats free roaming privileges is because I have had two taken by foxes.

Hindsight really is 20/20. :D

Dang! That was a close call. One of the reasons I do not allow my house cats free roaming privileges is because I have had two taken by foxes.

My cat passed away awhile ago, she was with us for 20 years. She wandered in her younger years. Sometimes coming back with wounds we'd have to take her to the vet to fix. I don't believe in keeping a cat locked up in the house. They like their freedom. I figure that if I were a cat, I wouldn't want to be trapped in the house all day. Yeah, it may reduce their lifespan, but what would you rather have, 5 years with all the outdoors to play in, or 20 years stuck in a house?

My cat passed away awhile ago, she was with us for 20 years. She wandered in her younger years. Sometimes coming back with wounds we'd have to take her to the vet to fix. I don't believe in keeping a cat locked up in the house. They like their freedom. I figure that if I were a cat, I wouldn't want to be trapped in the house all day. Yeah, it may reduce their lifespan, but what would you rather have, 5 years with all the outdoors to play in, or 20 years stuck in a house?

I've found it depends on the cat. I have one cat, Sherman, who is determined to get out and explore. He is quite successful at overcoming my preventive measures. Another feral adoptee barely ventures onto the "porch" I have for the cats. He seems most comfortable in covered and "safe" places. Most of my cats see quite content to observe the world from the window over the back of the sofa. My concern is not only foxes, but the ferals that "own" my barn and back yard. I hate to see the damage done when one of my kittypets gets out and the ferals defend their territory. We are also very close to an active road here. I've already had a couple of flat-cats delivered to the front porch with notes on them: "Sorry, I ran over your cat."

My cat chased off Labs. You could tell which dogs he met by the large scratch each one had on their nose.

In my neighborhood there are dogs...... deer, elk, pronghorn, coyotes, foxes, wolves, bears, rattlers, etc...... We live in the foothills close to the edge of town, Trinidad ain't very big.
The cats don't go outside without us and yes, there is always a firearm readily available should the need arise. When we finally relocate back up to the Springs most of that potential problem goes away as we will be in an established suburban neighborhood on the high plains.

I've found it depends on the cat. I have one cat, Sherman, who is determined to get out and explore. He is quite successful at overcoming my preventive measures. Another feral adoptee barely ventures onto the "porch" I have for the cats. He seems most comfortable in covered and "safe" places. Most of my cats see quite content to observe the world from the window over the back of the sofa. My concern is not only foxes, but the ferals that "own" my barn and back yard. I hate to see the damage done when one of my kittypets gets out and the ferals defend their territory. We are also very close to an active road here. I've already had a couple of flat-cats delivered to the front porch with notes on them: "Sorry, I ran over your cat."

You're right, it does depend on the cat. When my cat was older, the only time she went outside was when my son was waiting for the bus. She'd sit on the porch with him, then the bus would come (he's special needs so it was the little bus) she would just turn around and wait to be let back in.

You're right, it does depend on the cat. When my cat was older, the only time she went outside was when my son was waiting for the bus. She'd sit on the porch with him, then the bus would come (he's special needs so it was the little bus) she would just turn around and wait to be let back in.

Cool. Cats can be pretty perceptive. I have cushions and boxes outside (on the porch) where my kitties can lounge. Worst thing is, I have to treat for ear mites after they start spending time outside. No fleas or ticks in this neck of the woods.

I bought a new laptop mouse today. The darn thing is so much faster than the old one its giving me the willies! LOL!

Jasper is one brave kitty! :eek:

Does anyone know anything about buying website, like a domain?

I am wanting to buy a domain so I can transfer the contents of my blog over to it. It would mean that the blog would be accessible to the tens of thousands training with GKR around the world, and not just those who view my Facebook. Does anyone know if its possible to do such a thing?

Jasper is one brave kitty! :eek:

He's very territorial and was unaware of the kind of danger he was in. This was his first experience with a wild fox. Of course Jasper had "poofed" up to twice his normal size...... :lol:

Forum List

Back