USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today my baby girl turned 25...it's all gone by so fast, and I remember clearly the beautiful day she entered this world.:)

104314c42a09a54f3ab7bcae096a8f9b.jpg

My granddaughters are growing up too fast, too. That's why I am willing to pull stakes in Alaska and move south for a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

All of this ^^ and I miss Becki too. Hope to see you soon, Becki. :)

Good morning, guys. Beautiful day at the Cache County Fair yesterday. Nana and grand daughters had a great time on the rides, we played the games and won a treasure trove, ate and drank, loved the animal exhibits, had a super time.

Beautiful day in the valley today, hope there is less haze.

I am about to eat a mars bar. I also have three Hershey bars ready to be ravished.

Are you HUNGRY Gracie? ;)
I'm not much for candy bars, as I'm not a fan of chocolate, but I do enjoy a PayDay bar ... :thup:

OOH, I used to love those. That salty, nutty, nougat bar with the sweet, chewy crunch. Makes me want one. Darn these food posts!!!! :eusa_pray:

Hi everyone. About to have my second cup. Unfortunately I'm at work and I'm going to be here most of the day. The joys of owning your own business...

24/7. Been there. Because when we aren't physically at work, we are thinking about it. Even sometimes in our dreams. It's good though, in the sense, if you love what you do, it isn't work. And I always have. :thup:

Good morning everybody.

On this day in history, August 9, 1930, Betty Boop made her debut in Dizzy Dishes. Nobody remembers Dizzy Dishes but the character, Betty Boop, somehow caught on and became among the most iconic and recognizable cartoon personalities of all time.

Watching the cartoon I was struck at the competence and sophistication of the drawing and animation but doubt it would have much market value in modern times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. About to have my second cup. Unfortunately I'm at work and I'm going to be here most of the day. The joys of owning your own business...

Hombre and I ran our own business out of our home before fully retiring a few years ago. I loved it but it isn't a job you go to and then turn out the lights, lock up, and go home. We worked when we needed to and as we wanted to which meant we spent a lot of odd hours in the office--early morning, mid day, late at night, or if I had a particularly challenging task sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. We never learned how to officially close but we still managed to have a lot of fun doing other stuff too.

So now we are retired and where do we spend a great deal of free time? Well, in the office of course--that's where the computers are. It's also centrally located for easy monitoring of whatever is going on in the kitchen, is right inside the front door making easy access for short term visitors, and we can see the big screen TV in the great room from our desks.

slept in today. it was a stressful week and I needed to recharge. getting ready to head out to do some yard work. physically draining but mentally recharging. I'm a bachelor again, my wife is up in the Berkshires with some friends until tomorrow night.

Forum List

Back