USMB Coffee Shop IV

More bad news, just lost another icon. Lauren Bacall dead at 89.

RIP

MTIwNjA4NjMzNzMxNDUwMzgw.jpg

What a beaut she was. I liked her acting style, too. A few years ago, when I still had Netflix, they featured many of her movies and some with her hubby, Bogart. :thup:

Alan I don't know what to think about this. Several days ago Bacall's death was reported. Hoax. Yesterday her death was reported. Internet hoax. So today half the internet is reporting her death today and half says she is alive and well - internet hoax. It seems that her death has been hoaxed off and on for years now. So....like I said....I don't know what to think.

Oh no, now you've gone to meddling....no ketchup on a hamburger, nor onions....mustard and mayo, okay, but ketchup.....no way! And, never on a steak....that would be the ruin of a good steak.

Sometimes I like to dip my steak in sour cream.:eusa_shifty:

Sometimes I have sour cream on a baked potato, sans butter. One or the other. I used to have both.....:badgrin:

I can't have baked potato without sour cream, chives, butter and bacon bits, so now I order a baked sweet potato.....with cinnamon/sugar, and butter.

Calorically, sweet potato and potato are pretty similar. Nutritionally, sweet potato has 50% more fiber, a dramatically higher level of Vitamin A, and more Vitamins C and B6, but less potassium than potato.
Nutrition Faceoff: Sweet Potato vs. Potato. Which is better?

So the moon is supposed to be historically close, the closest in like thousands of years, so I took a few moon shots with my little Canon PowerShot SX280HS. Pretty cool for a little camera I thought...

IMG_0004-0_zps5798c016.jpg

Looks pretty damned cool. Awesome photo!

So the moon is supposed to be historically close, the closest in like thousands of years, so I took a few moon shots with my little Canon PowerShot SX280HS. Pretty cool for a little camera I thought...

Wonder what kind of cheese the moon is made of?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Y'all talking about baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, etc got me to thinking... How do you know when sour cream has gone bad????

Wonder what kind of cheese the moon is made of?

Swiss....can't you see the craters? Duh!

You might just be right. Another thing I wonder about is if the moon is really made of cheese, how come the space mice doesn't eat up the moon???????

Just got back from docs office. I found a strange looking mole on my right buttcheek. Actually, it is up high so it is just starting on where my buttcheek is. It's new. Never had a freckle or mole there before. So..I go to see doc just to see what he says. He says he doesn't like the look of it and is sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked further.
I know what is gonna happen. They are gonna numb it, them take a plug out. I had that done before a few years ago on my arm but it turned out to be harmless. This one? Very dark...weird shape, and something that just appeared.

Keep yer fingers crossed it's nothing.

Let us know what the doc says, Gracie.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
Gracie for good test results,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I just saw 3 meteors. One was SOOO bright..it looked like a bluewhite fireball. The second one left a trail that was golden..the third was like a fart..very light and fast.

I made my wishes :)

Well, it's about 9:20 here and little Princess is still sleeping from her Phantasialand adventure.

I haven't had coffee now in over 2 weeks, so I went to a coffee store and explained what happened with my stomach, and the sales clerk recommended that I brew up a mild form of espresso and drink it as a normal coffee, so I am going to try it this morning for brunch.

I suspect that Princess Statalina will want to go swimming today and by this very beautiful weather, I sure can't blame her!!!

Last edited:
Another sleepless night... I haven't had any pain from the Lyme disease for 2 full days and now all of a sudden my shoulder joints hurts so bad I just can't get to sleep. Glad I happen to have a doctor's appointment this morning at 1000. I thought I was on the mend. Guess this is a little bit of a setback. I tell you, this Lyme disease stuff is not fun. Hope none of you folks ever get it. Glad I don't hurt anyplace else. That's something to be thankful for.

It always gets worse before it gets better BBD.

Go outside and wait for a meteor..then make a wish. :)

Forum List

Back