USMB Coffee Shop IV

So today I'll be going into a local radio station and recording an hour long guest DJ spot. I won it in an on air auction they hold each year for a charity they call "Walk With Grace." Local businesses and people donate things to be auctioned off on air and then all the proceeds go to cancer research, and since I've lost close family and relatives to cancer, I participate. Well the radio station itself auctions off two separate hour long guest DJ spots to the highest bidder. I don't know what the other person paid but I won my guest spot with a $400 bid. I don't get out much and don't do a lot of things for fun so I figured just go for it, bid high, and that did it. I got to pick 15 songs that I want to play, but they said they had to be 50's to 80's top 40. I was really disappointed with that and asked if I could pick something else but no. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be a hoot. We'll tape the show today, and then it'll air on Saturday night of the 23rd. It could be heard streaming from their website... WRCO.

Does that station also webcast? Congrats, 007.

Morning folks! Today is National Filet Mignon Day ... :thup:

National_Filet_Mignon_Day_8_13_14_TUC.jpg

Good way to celebrate would be to have a tenderloin steak cookout...
smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Yay! Tonight is a business dinner, so filet mignon it will be :D

No fair....I'm having dental surgery today and you all are making me hungry.....:(

Here is a photo of me and my fellow competitors at the most recent tournament, which was held on August the 3rd. I am on the far left, next to me is the gold medal winner, and the other two girls are from my own dojo in Bendigo:

10579987_10203523344098921_767246945949648648_n.jpg

:clap2: What a good photo. :D

Morning folks! Today is National Filet Mignon Day ... :thup:

National_Filet_Mignon_Day_8_13_14_TUC.jpg

Good way to celebrate would be to have a tenderloin steak cookout...
smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Food!!!

Ok, August 13th just became one of my very FAVORITE days!!!
No kidding! I don't think there is a meal that I like more than a filet mignon dinner ... well with perhaps one exception. My absolute favorite meal is everything that's in the refrigerator ... :D

Medium rare filet mignon with some fries or a baked potato, veggies on the side, and hot rolls would hit the spot. Nice Sam Adams beer to wash it down ... :thup:

^^^^ with the exception of the veggies. I only do salad and baked potato with steak of any cut. I like filets bacon-wrapped. :thup:

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] - what's that yellow stuff on the right...? :eusa_shifty:

Looks like la moutarde :happy-1:

Just sayin'.... :eusa_angel:

Ha! There's a hotdog hiding behind that mountain of Fries.......:lol: Just saying......:cuckoo:

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
Turns out that it's honey mustard. Whoever is having those mouth watering fries is also having a tuna burger alongside...

Tuna Burger and Fries

Impossibru! Look at that color. Nice and greenish, none of that chrome yellow pastel. Plus what really gives it away -- square plates. That means it's a pricey restaurant who would never sink to such trifles. :eusa_snooty:

So today I'll be going into a local radio station and recording an hour long guest DJ spot. I won it in an on air auction they hold each year for a charity they call "Walk With Grace." Local businesses and people donate things to be auctioned off on air and then all the proceeds go to cancer research, and since I've lost close family and relatives to cancer, I participate. Well the radio station itself auctions off two separate hour long guest DJ spots to the highest bidder. I don't know what the other person paid but I won my guest spot with a $400 bid. I don't get out much and don't do a lot of things for fun so I figured just go for it, bid high, and that did it. I got to pick 15 songs that I want to play, but they said they had to be 50's to 80's top 40. I was really disappointed with that and asked if I could pick something else but no. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be a hoot. We'll tape the show today, and then it'll air on Saturday night of the 23rd. It could be heard streaming from their website... WRCO.

Does that station also webcast? Congrats, 007.
Right, that's what I meant when I mentioned 'streaming.'

Here is a photo of me and my fellow competitors at the most recent tournament, which was held on August the 3rd. I am on the far left, next to me is the gold medal winner, and the other two girls are from my own dojo in Bendigo:

10579987_10203523344098921_767246945949648648_n.jpg
Nice going, Noomi... and... you're even kinda hot with all your medals, blue belt and in your Gi... :D

Just got back from docs office. I found a strange looking mole on my right buttcheek. Actually, it is up high so it is just starting on where my buttcheek is. It's new. Never had a freckle or mole there before. So..I go to see doc just to see what he says. He says he doesn't like the look of it and is sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked further.
I know what is gonna happen. They are gonna numb it, them take a plug out. I had that done before a few years ago on my arm but it turned out to be harmless. This one? Very dark...weird shape, and something that just appeared.

Keep yer fingers crossed it's nothing.

Yeah I'd wait to hear from the dermatologist before I started worrying Gracie. They'll know a lot more. I've got spots of seborrhaeic keratosis and "skin tags" all over; it runs in my family. My Irish granny had loads of 'em. Hoping it's nothing more than that.

{Edit: I just got three "502 Bad Gateway" errors in a row trying to post this. You know what that usually means....}

Yeah, I was in the middle of responding to a PM when it locked up....I decided maybe I needed to clear my cookies, but then I couldn't get back in....kept getting 502 Bad Gateway errors. I finally was able to get back in. Good thing we're getting new SW, looks like this one is unable to handle the traffic here, anymore....:)

We're getting a new station wagon?? Awright, I wanna drive!

The 502s seem to have subsided without intervention. I was only getting them trying to access this thread -- PMs weren't affected. Anyway, for anyone that needs to clear thier cookies, I strongly recommend this French Roast I got right here.... :coffee:

Oh how exciting. I have done some radio work but never got to DJ. My daughter DJs for stuff all the time and loves doing it. I think I would too. But closer to the airing time, remind us again please and tell us the time it will be aired. We can probably access the stream with our computers?

Fun!! That is one of the three jobs I always wanted to do, but was too busy doing the others on my list, and never got around to it. I did interview once, but the shift was a very late one and all DJs had to go to the remote spots where advertising was being done and I didn't like that aspect of it all.....and that was in addition to the job hours and in any kind of weather....:eusa_hand:

Best of luck to you, 007 and please do remind us, when it airs???

Just got back from docs office. I found a strange looking mole on my right buttcheek. Actually, it is up high so it is just starting on where my buttcheek is. It's new. Never had a freckle or mole there before. So..I go to see doc just to see what he says. He says he doesn't like the look of it and is sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked further.
I know what is gonna happen. They are gonna numb it, them take a plug out. I had that done before a few years ago on my arm but it turned out to be harmless. This one? Very dark...weird shape, and something that just appeared.

Keep yer fingers crossed it's nothing.

I had this thing on my shoulder for years I was worried about, but I never did anything about. this year it started to change shape and raise even more so I got it checked out. they told me it was nothing to worry about and was something common with age. but the found 3 other things I never gave any thought to that needed to be removed

I've had this thing on my shoulders since I can remember........ :eusa_whistle:

Me too. I'm getting mine lopped off. Doesn't work.

I had this thing on my shoulder for years I was worried about, but I never did anything about. this year it started to change shape and raise even more so I got it checked out. they told me it was nothing to worry about and was something common with age. but the found 3 other things I never gave any thought to that needed to be removed

I've had this thing on my shoulders since I can remember........ :eusa_whistle:

Me too. I'm getting mine lopped off. Doesn't work.

Then you and Mad Cabbie would have something in common:

:rofl:

Oh hell no! Ruining good fries!! Plain or with malt vinegar, save your catsup for your steak....... ground.... into patties..... cooked medium..... served on a hamburger bun..... kaiser roll.... or english muffin.....

Oh no, now you've gone to meddling....no ketchup on a hamburger, nor onions....mustard and mayo, okay, but ketchup.....no way! And, never on a steak....that would be the ruin of a good steak.

Sometimes I like to dip my steak in sour cream.:eusa_shifty:

I do too but I must say that's a poetic way to put it... :eusa_angel:

Oh hell no! Ruining good fries!! Plain or with malt vinegar, save your catsup for your steak....... ground.... into patties..... cooked medium..... served on a hamburger bun..... kaiser roll.... or english muffin.....

Oh no, now you've gone to meddling....no ketchup on a hamburger, nor onions....mustard and mayo, okay, but ketchup.....no way! And, never on a steak....that would be the ruin of a good steak.

Sometimes I like to dip my steak in sour cream.:eusa_shifty:

Dipping one's meat is a very personal issue.

Mustard's for all forms of sausage, not for steak or hamburger........ :eusa_whistle:
Ketchup on hamburgers with loads of onions, pickle, lettuce, cheese and mayo with 1/4 pound of crispy bacon......
No mayo or lettuce on hamburgers. Just raw onions, pickles, mustard, and relish. Catsup and cheese is optional. The hamburger buns need to be grilled also.

Always lettuce, tomato, never onion, thin thin coat of mayo, and of course a nice sharp cheese. Mustard not really, that's for fries and dogs and other things. Ketchup is for the trash can. :death:

Lots of clouds and just a little rain here tonight so we can't see the Perseid Meteor Shower tonight. Anyone else get to watch?

Not yet :( But the cloud cover is finally finally moving on (to Bloodrock's house). Maybe tonight there'll be some leftovers.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and a great Hump-Day to you!

Today's choice: MIX and MATCH!.

Person no. 1, who in no way has any relation to person no. 2!

9b68266dab9f6221eedcee0fa129cdb0.jpg

Kate Upton! :D

What does it mean that I don't know who Kate Upton is but I do know who Justin and B.J. Upton are?

Good morning all. It doesn't seem possible that it is another Wednesday already. The days are just zooming by. I'm awaiting the arrival of the Comcast tech who hopefully will get our phones back up and running. And Hombre will do the medical taxi run with Uncle Ed today. Hope BBD has found some relief for his shoulder, that Mertex's dental adventure goes well, that Gracie and 007's Mom get good reports, and all are looking forward to a productive or at least a pleasant day.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and a great Hump-Day to you!

Today's choice: MIX and MATCH!.

Person no. 1, who in no way has any relation to person no. 2!

9b68266dab9f6221eedcee0fa129cdb0.jpg

Kate Upton! :D

What does it mean that I don't know who Kate Upton is but I do know who Justin and B.J. Upton are?

Magnum Mysterium, brother, Magnum Mysterium!

Forum List

Back