USMB Coffee Shop IV

Another sleepless night... I haven't had any pain from the Lyme disease for 2 full days and now all of a sudden my shoulder joints hurts so bad I just can't get to sleep. Glad I happen to have a doctor's appointment this morning at 1000. I thought I was on the mend. Guess this is a little bit of a setback. I tell you, this Lyme disease stuff is not fun. Hope none of you folks ever get it. Glad I don't hurt anyplace else. That's something to be thankful for.

Mi sh'beyrach, BDD.

Another sleepless night... I haven't had any pain from the Lyme disease for 2 full days and now all of a sudden my shoulder joints hurts so bad I just can't get to sleep. Glad I happen to have a doctor's appointment this morning at 1000. I thought I was on the mend. Guess this is a little bit of a setback. I tell you, this Lyme disease stuff is not fun. Hope none of you folks ever get it. Glad I don't hurt anyplace else. That's something to be thankful for.

Mi sh'beyrach, BDD.

Say that real fast 3 times...:lol:

Well, it's about 9:20 here and little Princess is still sleeping from her Phantasialand adventure.

I haven't had coffee now in over 2 weeks, so I went to a coffee store and explained what happened with my stomach, and the sales clerk recommended that I brew up a mild form of espresso and drink in as a normal coffee, so I am going to try it this morning for brunch.

I suspect that Princess Statalina will want to go swimming today and by this very beautiful weather, I sure can't blame her!!!

I am glad you are having such nice weather!

Here is a photo of me and my fellow competitors at the most recent tournament, which was held on August the 3rd. I am on the far left, next to me is the gold medal winner, and the other two girls are from my own dojo in Bendigo:

10579987_10203523344098921_767246945949648648_n.jpg

Just got back from docs office. I found a strange looking mole on my right buttcheek. Actually, it is up high so it is just starting on where my buttcheek is. It's new. Never had a freckle or mole there before. So..I go to see doc just to see what he says. He says he doesn't like the look of it and is sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked further.
I know what is gonna happen. They are gonna numb it, them take a plug out. I had that done before a few years ago on my arm but it turned out to be harmless. This one? Very dark...weird shape, and something that just appeared.

Keep yer fingers crossed it's nothing.

I had this thing on my shoulder for years I was worried about, but I never did anything about. this year it started to change shape and raise even more so I got it checked out. they told me it was nothing to worry about and was something common with age. but the found 3 other things I never gave any thought to that needed to be removed

Wow. That visit was a blessing in disguise, spoonman.

My friend had her annual dental X-rays and a lump in her gum was discovered. Surgery was the next step. Hospital for days. It was benign, but a good thing they caught it.

yea, with my fair complexion and all the over exposure to the sun I've had, something had to be there. it just wasn't the thing I thought it was. now i'll go at least every other year

Wednesday, is here! Looking forward to another killer kick ass day of accomplishment. The piles in my office are still too many, but there are so many fewer than were there on Monday, and they are going to be obliterated by COB Friday! And I'm wrecking havoc on my todo list as well!

So the moon is supposed to be historically close, the closest in like thousands of years, so I took a few moon shots with my little Canon PowerShot SX280HS. Pretty cool for a little camera I thought...

IMG_0004-0_zps5798c016.jpg

Looks pretty damned cool. Awesome photo!
That was using a tripod and a 2 second shutter delay so the camera was steady, and cranked all the way up to it's 40x digital zoom maximum.

Well I'll be ding donged... it was Lymes disease you had after all. Really sorry about that pard. I have a good friend that had it for years and never knew it. He got bad and then a doctor finally figured it out. He's pretty much back to normal now so, I hope you fully recover too.

My ma is headed in the hospital at 9:30 this morning for a CAT scan and a couple tests to find out what this lump is in her stomach. She hasn't been feeling well and doesn't have any energy on top of it, so if I said I wasn't worried, I'd be lying. This is how it started with Dad just a couple of years ago. Ma is 85 and has already out lived Dad by a few months.

Mi sh'beyrach, BDD.

Say that real fast 3 times...:lol:

Ok.

PM.

:)

So, as G-d apparently wants it to be, the moment little miss Princess Statalina go up, at about 10:30 this morning, it started to rain. We made a brunch and then cleaned most of my place and now we are playing board games.

She is outgrowing some of these games and I want to cycle some of them out, so if we hit a game and she definitely doesn't want it anymore, it goes on a pile of stuff to either flea-market away or just give to the neighbor's girl.

She is especially good at any kind of memory game, and usually whips me pretty bad... ouch!!

So today I'll be going into a local radio station and recording an hour long guest DJ spot. I won it in an on air auction they hold each year for a charity they call "Walk With Grace." Local businesses and people donate things to be auctioned off on air and then all the proceeds go to cancer research, and since I've lost close family and relatives to cancer, I participate. Well the radio station itself auctions off two separate hour long guest DJ spots to the highest bidder. I don't know what the other person paid but I won my guest spot with a $400 bid. I don't get out much and don't do a lot of things for fun so I figured just go for it, bid high, and that did it. I got to pick 15 songs that I want to play, but they said they had to be 50's to 80's top 40. I was really disappointed with that and asked if I could pick something else but no. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be a hoot. We'll tape the show today, and then it'll air on Saturday night of the 23rd. It could be heard streaming from their website... WRCO.

Last edited:
Morning folks! Today is National Filet Mignon Day ... :thup:

National_Filet_Mignon_Day_8_13_14_TUC.jpg

Good way to celebrate would be to have a tenderloin steak cookout...
smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Food!!!

Ok, August 13th just became one of my very FAVORITE days!!!
No kidding! I don't think there is a meal that I like more than a filet mignon dinner ... well with perhaps one exception. My absolute favorite meal is everything that's in the refrigerator ... :D

Medium rare filet mignon with some fries or a baked potato, veggies on the side, and hot rolls would hit the spot. Nice Sam Adams beer to wash it down ... :thup:

Morning folks! Today is National Filet Mignon Day ... :thup:

National_Filet_Mignon_Day_8_13_14_TUC.jpg

Good way to celebrate would be to have a tenderloin steak cookout...
smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Food!!!

Ok, August 13th just became one of my very FAVORITE days!!!
No kidding! I don't think there is a meal that I like more than a filet mignon dinner ... well with perhaps one exception. My absolute favorite meal is everything that's in the refrigerator ... :D

Medium rare filet mignon with some fries or a baked potato, veggies on the side, and hot rolls would hit the spot. Nice Sam Adams beer to wash it down ... :thup:

I'll tell you what: instead of a baker, try couscous or rice with that steak and you will find it to be an AMAZING experience. Even better, a small bowl of strawberries while you are eating the steak, is an incredible experience for the palate. I had that combination in southern France about 3 years ago and it knocked me off my socks...

Good Morning everyone..............
good-morning-kitten002.jpg

Will see you all later. I have an appointment with Dental surgeon....they are going to finish my implants, today.....(molars)....before anybody gets too excited!

Forum List

Back