USMB Coffee Shop IV

<sigh>

Anything I said sinking in folks? The specific conversation above needs to be just that, in conversation, not the coffeee shop. TIA

A cool head and a finger that stays away from the disagree button can go a long way. It starts with each of us being nicer out on the board. Everyone has a choice.

Alas, people are using the 'disagree' button as neg rep as I feared they would. The ugly red X of course is interpreted that way, and we already have the hateful types following people around 'disagreeing' with anything they post even if it is something as innocuous as 'good morning'. I confess I do not understand that mentality or behavior and apologize if it is too controversial for the Coffee Shop. I begged admin not to offer that option because I knew it would be abused, but oh well. I just want it on the record that I would hope our Coffee Shoppers would not be guilty of that kind of behavior at least in here, hopefully out there too. :)

AND. . . .AHEM!!!!!!!

Woman-Pointing-Her-Finger-006.jpg

Anybody squabbling in the Coffee Shop, cut it out!!! Friends and family will fuss and feud now and then, but I give ya'll fair warning. If you keep it up, I'll make you sit in the corner and hug until you straighten up. That is a formidable weapon and I'm not afraid to use it.

Good morning everyone! It was nice. For those of you who didn't see my Thursday post, I was in Boston over the weekend for my wife's nephew's wedding.

It was at the MIT Chapel. They met at MIT where they both went to school. Now they are both at Rutgers working on their graduate work. He's getting a PhD in math, she's in law school. People came from all over the country and internationally to attend. It wasn't that large a ceremony, just people from all over. Neither of them have family actually in Boston. There were quite a few of some of their MIT friends, especially at the reception. Anyway, after the ceremony, they took us by limo to the reception, the State Room in central Boston.

Boston Wedding Receptions Meetings Fundraising Event Venue

The bar was well stocked. I had Tangueray martinis and Cabernet. They also hired professional wedding planners for events at the reception. The view if you click on the link as you can see is spectacular. Now I know what you get for an $80K wedding. It was great, but that's a lot of money to me. Wow. Her parents paid for it and they can afford it, so I see why they did it. But wow, you spend it and after a weekend it's gone, snap, $80K.

Anyway, I didn't live in Boston, but I worked there a couple years. So it was great to be back for a few days, walked all over downtown. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

AND. . . .AHEM!!!!!!!

Woman-Pointing-Her-Finger-006.jpg

Anybody squabbling in the Coffee Shop, cut it out!!! Friends and family will fuss and feud now and then, but I give ya'll fair warning. If you keep it up, I'll make you sit in the corner and hug until you straighten up. That is a formidable weapon and I'm not afraid to use it.

Funny, I always imagine you younger than that, foxy....

Damn. I miss all the fun. :(
And I have all this food to throw in my compost bin. Gonna go to waste now.

It feels to me in general that the site is building up a higher tension level than we're used to. Some of us predicted that would happen with this new system but perhaps analysis of that while it's of interest to all, properly belongs in Announcement and Feedback. At least the details thereof.

All over New Orleans, shops feature some piece of folk art from a guy named Doctor Bob. They're all dressed differently but they all carry the same messsage. Looks like this:

140.jpg

:eusa_angel:

'Nother hot sunny day here. Gonna chew on some more trees.

Forum List

Back