USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning Coffee People. Be Good today. :)

coffee+quotes+(1).jpg

So it is January of this year and Mrs. Liberty gets a toothache. Turns out the dentist says a crown is needed.. She has insurance, so the crown gets made. The tooth continues to be a bother, a return trip is in order.

The next trip reveals the roots are being troublesome, so a root canal is scheduled. A hole is drilled in the crown and the root canal is done. Problem solved. Several weeks later the tooth refuses to be ignored.

Time for a tooth extraction. Well that seems crazy after all the work and money spent on saving the thing. Tooth comes out. End of story.

Nope, spoke too soon. Pain where the tooth use to be still present. New dentist discovers a bone spur where the tooth was previously. Bone spur ground out yesterday. End of story? We hope.

Don't you just love dentists. I started going to a new dentist that was closer to my house but quit when it was obvious that he wanted to crown all of my teeth. I went back to my old reliable dentist, who's not old at all, younger than me... I already have plenty crowns. And, I had that happen to me, too.....had a root canal only to turn around and have the tooth extracted.....argh........

Good afternoon everyone! What a terrible busy morning already. Mowed the grass, washed/detailed the Jeep, and went for nice run. It's noon and I am already a little tired. :) I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Cheers!

I hope everyone is having a great evening. It was a wonderful day here in the Steel City.

I just finished packing all the board/card games for our beach trip. 33 games! Did I mention that my friends and I are wild about games? Some good friends, some stiff cocktails, and some games is my idea of nirvana.

Ahhh, I know Pittsburgh quite well... lived just over the border in OH back in the 90s.

Familiar with the Carnegie Hall there?

Oh my goodness, yes! I go to a couple concerts a year. It is such a great venue, plus I love Oakland. Go Pitt!

Maaaan... I don't spend much time here for a couple months and the place is filled with new people... :eusa_eh:

Ya... I believe this is what this board is all about now...

Advertise on US Message Board BuySellAds

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

That was the primary reason for the format change. Money. The entire "enhancing the user experience" was purely bullshit.

Imho....without ad block this site would be damn near impossible. I don't necessarily fault the owners for wanting to make more money....but at least be honest about it. Nobody likes to be bullshitted.

Don't you just love dentists. I started going to a new dentist that was closer to my house but quit when it was obvious that he wanted to crown all of my teeth. I went back to my old reliable dentist, who's not old at all, younger than me... I already have plenty crowns. And, I had that happen to me, too.....had a root canal only to turn around and have the tooth extracted.....argh........

ditto

Good morning Coffee Shop!
I've been really busy the last few days and what time I've spent on line has been out on the board.

@Foxfyre Foxy, you can take Mr. Larry off the vigil list. No clear diagnosis, but he is back to his old cantankerous self.

I'll head in to open in an hour, then set up the room for poker and try to get the wife to the grocery at some point in there.
We are doing a wedding cake for the grand niece and her hubby who are renewing their vows on their 10th anniversary on Saturday.
That involves a serious clean out of the fridge. Since my beer fridge gave up the ghost a couple months ago, we have to chill frosted layers in the house fridge or bring them to the bar.
The 10 minute trip is dangerous for butter cream frosting, to say the least.

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

That was the primary reason for the format change. Money. The entire "enhancing the user experience" was purely bullshit.

Imho....without ad block this site would be damn near impossible. I don't necessarily fault the owners for wanting to make more money....but at least be honest about it. Nobody likes to be bullshitted.
Agree 100%, and thank God for chrome with Adblock addon.

I don't use Adblock and I have no problems. Sure, there are banner ads at the top and bottom of the page, but it's not like they get in my way.

Maaaan... I don't spend much time here for a couple months and the place is filled with new people... :eusa_eh:

Some of those new people have landed here in the Coffee Shop and have been a really neat addition to our eclectic family here. :) Now if we can just lure back some of those who got disgusted and left. . . .

Yesterday, my wife made a passive mention of an interest in becoming pregnant again........ ....... ...... ....... ........

Correct response: Puppies or kitties?

Hell no. She already talked me in to three useless cats over the last 6 years!

I killed four mice last weekend, which is exactly four times as many as all the cats combined throughout their lives.

I don't use Adblock and I have no problems. Sure, there are banner ads at the top and bottom of the page, but it's not like they get in my way.

Same here. I see a few ads and get amused at the not-so-much-coincidental phenomenon that they are so often from companies I have researched recently or that offer products I have researched recently. But they don't interfere with the board in any way and I mostly easily ignore them. So far I have encountered NONE of those annoying talking ads that were popping up frequently on the old board.

Forum List

Back