USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning. Fighting a lower throat irritation that is developing into wheezing and hard coughing. No soreness in the throat or in the lungs: just this hard compression when I cough and than a series of wheezes.
This IS the ragweed season. I hope that is all your symptoms are related to, as the season will soon be over.

A positive direction for Noomi and I suspect Ringel too. We all made it safely to Tuesday!

With the marriage of my oldest, Harper now lives an hour and twenty minutes away. ;(

This also means grandma is not watching her everyday, so day care is now upon us. Little Miss Harper has pretty much been around adults all her life, but almost no kids. I am really concerned about that transition and people we don't know watching her.

That's sort of how I became a nanny; parents decided it would be preferable to have me watch the child than to send her to some daycare with strangers. That and I probably cost less than daycare. :lol:

Good morning. Fighting a lower throat irritation that is developing into wheezing and hard coughing. No soreness in the throat or in the lungs: just this hard compression when I cough and than a series of wheezes.
This IS the ragweed season. I hope that is all your symptoms are related to, as the season will soon be over.

Thank you, that may be exactly what is the matter. I have an email out to my doctor at the VA. He will reply sometime today.

Thank you, that may be exactly what is the matter. I have an email out to my doctor at the VA. He will reply sometime today.

Could be but the fact that you aren't feeling it in your upper throat and nose doesn't sound like a seasonal allergy. I hope your doc is on the ball because it sounds more like an asthma attack or walking pneumonia to me.

I am feeling better, but I am going up to the VA tomorrow.

I don't have asthma, so let's hope it is a simple viral infection and not walking pneumonia.

happiness-quotes-094.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great evening. It was a wonderful day here in the Steel City.

I just finished packing all the board/card games for our beach trip. 33 games! Did I mention that my friends and I are wild about games? Some good friends, some stiff cocktails, and some games is my idea of nirvana.

Just a heads up, many of you know they found a one centimeter lump in the wifes right breast, two mammos and a sonogram later determined it's non-cancerous. This is what was said about the uterine firbroids they removed before they found the big one to be cancerous so she's "apprehensive" to say the least so we just saw a surgeon today and he'll do a lumpectomy next week.

I can't say I blame her for being apprehensive. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, hope they are able to get it all out.

I'm vacationing in sunny California right now. We had an interesting trip....we're driving from Texas to California in order to deliver some of our son's junk he left at our house. Well, it's not junk....but it sure was taking a lot of space in our house.

Anyway, we left very early Sunday morning, and had a beautiful trip. We got to Phoenix early enough to settle in, go eat dinner and then come back and watch a little TV. It started to rain....when we woke up early Monday morning it was still raining. No big deal, we thought, until we saw the news. Most of Phoenix was flooded. We were lucky to find out that the parts that were blocked were areas we had already passed. But......the traffic was backed up for blocks. The entrance to I-10 where we were going to get on was roped off.....so we had to go a couple of blocks up.....and it took us about 1 hour to get back on I-10. We made up some time after that, the traffic wasn't bad, and we arrived in Ca in plenty of time.

Went to a neat Cuban restaurant for dinner last night.....today we had pizza for lunch. Guess what? I'm cooking supper tonight.....argh.........they say they love my cooking but I'm thinking they think they are pulling the wool over my eyes...........:D

I'm vacationing in sunny California right now. We had an interesting trip....we're driving from Texas to California in order to deliver some of our son's junk he left at our house. Well, it's not junk....but it sure was taking a lot of space in our house.

Anyway, we left very early Sunday morning, and had a beautiful trip. We got to Phoenix early enough to settle in, go eat dinner and then come back and watch a little TV. It started to rain....when we woke up early Monday morning it was still raining. No big deal, we thought, until we saw the news. Most of Phoenix was flooded. We were lucky to find out that the parts that were blocked were areas we had already passed. But......the traffic was backed up for blocks. The entrance to I-10 where we were going to get on was roped off.....so we had to go a couple of blocks up.....and it took us about 1 hour to get back on I-10. We made up some time after that, the traffic wasn't bad, and we arrived in Ca in plenty of time.

Went to a neat Cuban restaurant for dinner last night.....today we had pizza for lunch. Guess what? I'm cooking supper tonight.....argh.........they say they love my cooking but I'm thinking they think they are pulling the wool over my eyes...........:D

Sounds great!!!

The last time I drove through Phoenix was the week when TERMINATOR II came out in cinemas across our great land. (1991, I think....).... :) :)

Handyfon (Cell Telephone) update: This Samsung Galaxy S4 is just a dream, runs like a top. It took a day to get everything the way I like it on the phone, from the browser of my choice to email clients to rss readers and of course, tapatalk, but once you turn off unneccessary bells and whistles, the phone actually runs for a pretty long time without a recharge. I bought a flip-case for it today, so things are back to normal, and that is good, because a juicy contract came through today, and I negotiated the details of such over my cell.

:thup:

Handyfon (Cell Telephone) update: This Samsung Galaxy S4 is just a dream, runs like a top. It took a day to get everything the way I like it on the phone, from the browser of my choice to email clients to rss readers and of course, tapatalk, but once you turn off unneccessary bells and whistles, the phone actually runs for a pretty long time without a recharge. I bought a flip-case for it today, so things are back to normal, and that is good, because a juicy contract came through today, and I negotiated the details of such over my cell.

:thup:

I have Galaxy S3....good enough for me.

Greetings from Franconia, NH. We left the campground at North Egremont, Mass. this morning around 0830 and toddled along until we came to a couple of places in Vermont that Mrs. BBD wanted to stop to do some shopping... i.e., a basket for a neighbor and some maple syrup. Then we got back on I-91 and shuffled along until we got to I-93. We stopped for lunch in mid-afternoon at a little place in St. Johnsbury, Vermont that was really great. The name of the diner was Anthony's. I had the fried scallops and Mrs. BBD has a steak sandwich. The food was absolutely fantastic! Then we loaded up and made our way to the campground we are staying at tonight in Franconia. Very nice young lady checked us in and assigned us a spot. Must say it's a terrific campground. Very pretty. Then she told us about the bears!!! She warned us about leaving any food items or trash outside over night by saying that if you didn't want bear visitors, don't do it. I assured her that I would not and in the back of my mind I was thinking that if Davy Crockett could kill a bear by grinning it to death, I'd like to maybe try that. Maybe after Mrs. BBD retires for the evening I might slip a couple opened cans of Pepsi outside the door to maybe prove or disprove ole Davy's tall tale. But then again, I'd rather believe that it's a true story than to be disappointed in finding out that it's not and wondering what to do with a big old hungry bear on my hands. After all, I might not have the kind of smile Davy Crockett had. I got to tell you that Vermont and New Hampshire are very beautiful places. I had never been to either until today. I'm impressed. Tomorrow it's off to a little town near Franconia for Mrs. BBD to do some shopping and some grocery buying. The RV is getting a little low on chow and I don't want to begin to eat all the stuff from Hershey I bought to carry back home for friends and neighbors. I don't know how your neighbors are but ours don't come right out and ask, "What did you bring me?" but they give you that look the same way a beagle does when he watches you eat. Tomorrow we shall make our way to Cape Neddick, Maine so I can take a photograph of the "most photographed light house in America". I also plan on eating some lobster. Will post again as time allows.

Goldie is now officially smogged, registered in my name, covered with my insurance. Today was pretty hectic. Lots of running around in Goldie with hubby happily behind the wheel with cruise control, me sitting and just looking at the scenery as we did our errands after leaving DMV. He asked if I wanted to hurry home and I said nope....take your time. It has been the longest I have been out of the house for more than a few hours...in years. Yes. Years. :)

Tomorrow...BEACH!

Forum List

Back