USMB Coffee Shop IV

The limit here is three dogs. I pointed that out to my neighbor (5) and said I wanted her to keep all those dogs she loved, but a not so understanding neighbor down the block might not cut her a break with all the barking at night.
Here there are no limits to dogs, cats, bears, coyotes, foxes, deer, prong horn........

Lemons into lemonade.

My cell phone was stolen on Saturday while I was as the gym, working out. That sucked rocks.

So, I went to my cell-phone dealer this morning as soon as they were open and got a sweet package on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (the newest ones are the S5) with unlimited yadayadayada because I am also member of the German equivalent to AAA, called ADAC in Germany. It's just a contract extension with a minimum monthly fee for the phone over 24 months, not even close to the actual price for those phones. So, lemons just got turned into lemonade.

The new phone is charging and then all I have to do is to log on with my google account and all my good stuff that was in the cloud should just transfer on over. Here's hoping for the best. I run my business appointments over that phone, so it having been stolen was a real pain in the ass. Had to cancel the SIM-card and change a lot of passwords very quickly. But at least I am still running with the same telephone number now - that was the critical element in all of this, to say the least.

So is life.
Damn kids these days!!!

So which gymnasium do you attend....... :eusa_whistle:

Good morning everybody. Luxuriously slept in this morning that did wonders for me after several short nights in a row.

Ernie, Mr. Larry is on the vigil list and we hope he recovers completely.

Note to our newbies in the Coffee Shop, our vigil list is used by our Christians, Jews, and others alike who believe that prayer or good vibes have a positive effect. Feel free to ask for yourselves or your loved ones to be included.

Nosmo, you really must have a discussion with the neighbor about her dogs barking. At least confine them to the back yard or whatever if they are going to be out all night. Since, as you say, you must live there, it is an intolerable situation to have your rest disturbed every night.

Mindful, 007, Sheila, Ringel, and others suffering from chronic back pain: I saw that ad on TV before I got up this morning, and paid closer attention. The product they are advertising can be seen at beactivebrace.com. Couldn't copy and paste the pic but there is a lot of information about it. If any of you try it, let me know if I should order one for Hombre and me.

Sheila re the quote boxes being unusable, can you stretch your window horizontally on the screen? That might help. Or go to C_K's bug thread in Announcements--it is pinned so you will see it immediately--and ask there if there is a solution. I am not having a problem on either my PC or my laptop, but I on a thread with a whole screen of people's quotes, I do try to delete the top layer when it starts becoming a problem.

Stat, hooray for a good outcome but I would worry about what the thief had accessed on your old phone.

The coffee is good. Wishing a great week for everybody.

Morning !
I hope you all had a good weekend. We have had rain on and off because of the hurricane so it's been nice. Everything is really green. :biggrin:

Monday's morning smile

funny%2BDog%2BPictures%2Bwith%2Bcaptions%2B%252820%2529.jpg

Little bit warm out now, been supervising the housekeeping and I used the high speed blower to clean the parking levels. Also worked out at the gym and used the tread mill. Feeling good and a bit tired.

Time for lunch.

I went to the orthopaedic doctor today, and he prescribed pain killers and a course of physiotherapy. Six sessions. So I hope to be active again soon. He said the right kind of bed helps.

The vigil list. What is that?

If you will go to late yesterday, among the last posts you see where I signed off by posting the vigil list. I do that every night (unless I can't get on or fall asleep and don't get back to the computer.)

Lemons into lemonade.

My cell phone was stolen on Saturday while I was as the gym, working out. That sucked rocks.

So, I went to my cell-phone dealer this morning as soon as they were open and got a sweet package on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (the newest ones are the S5) with unlimited yadayadayada because I am also member of the German equivalent to AAA, called ADAC in Germany. It's just a contract extension with a minimum monthly fee for the phone over 24 months, not even close to the actual price for those phones. So, lemons just got turned into lemonade.

The new phone is charging and then all I have to do is to log on with my google account and all my good stuff that was in the cloud should just transfer on over. Here's hoping for the best. I run my business appointments over that phone, so it having been stolen was a real pain in the ass. Had to cancel the SIM-card and change a lot of passwords very quickly. But at least I am still running with the same telephone number now - that was the critical element in all of this, to say the least.

So is life.
Damn kids these days!!!

So which gymnasium do you attend....... :eusa_whistle:

It's called McFit...

Antsy pants here. Wanna get Goldie smogged so i can go play with her and make her all bohemian..and hang my medicine bag from the rear view mirror..and add the gew gaws and doo dads.

Just a heads up, many of you know they found a one centimeter lump in the wifes right breast, two mammos and a sonogram later determined it's non-cancerous. This is what was said about the uterine firbroids they removed before they found the big one to be cancerous so she's "apprehensive" to say the least so we just saw a surgeon today and he'll do a lumpectomy next week.

Just a heads up, many of you know they found a one centimeter lump in the wifes right breast, two mammos and a sonogram later determined it's non-cancerous. This is what was said about the uterine firbroids they removed before they found the big one to be cancerous so she's "apprehensive" to say the least so we just saw a surgeon today and he'll do a lumpectomy next week.

Well you both remain on the list. And we're all pulling for you I'm sure.

Ack!!! My Coffee Owl Icon isn't working any more. I think Jughead did the photoshop for it and DT coded it. The coding still works but the Owl doesn't. And Jughead hasn't been around for awhile. I wonder what happened? :(

Good luck to your wife and you...I hope the procedure is successful.

Hope all goes well. After a worrying time.

Lemons into lemonade.

So is life.
Almost every Thursday I get together for dinner and drinks with my daughters, son-in-law, other daughter's boyfriend and often another family that we have become great friends with. We usually hang out until about 10:30. We sit outside if the weather is decent. Now then, I'm not one of these people addicted to my phone, so it is not uncommon for me to forget my phone when we leave. This past spring and summer I have left my phone no less than five times (probably more), and only once returned that night for it. I'll usually go retrieve it the next day during my lunch hour. Its never been stolen. At least three times it was found by another customer and turned in to the wait staff, the other times the wait staff found it first.
We do go to the same place almost every time and it has a lot of regulars, so maybe that is why people turn it in. Maybe they're thinking "that dumbass left his phone again". The waitress we usually have has gotten to the point that when I pay the tab, she reminds me to get my phone, but she's not always there.
I also leave work sometimes and leave my phone on my desk. The office runs 18 hours a day and a cleaning crew empties my trash can every night after I have left. My phone has never been stolen from work either although the cleaning crew and late shift help desk employees have had plenty of opportunity to do so.
Must be good living on my part.

And so it's Monday.

I have a new neighbor. Actually the new neighbor is the sister of my old neighbor. She owns the dog grooming service I take Daisy the Mutt to. Here's the situation: she has four Jack Russell terriers. They are playful and active and bark as soon as they are exposed to oxygen. Midnight last night they were barking.

I got up around 1:30 to pee and get a glass of milk and they were still barking. This morning as I arose, they were still barking.

How should I address this situation? I have to sleep due to my being a human being. How can I get a good night's sleep with the windows open with four dogs barking? She does a great job trimming up Daisy the Mutt and I still have to live in Pimplebutt, but I fear my sleepless nights will continue until furnace season.
Nosmo, your first problem is that you are drinking milk in the middle of the night. If you get up in the middle of the night, it should be to drink water.
The reason for the water is to re-hydrate yourself from all the alcohol. See, if you drank a bunch of alcohol, you'd be passed out and you would probably never hear the dogs barking. So drink more booze.
Additionally, if you get drunk as snot, you can show up on your neighbor's doorstep with a shotgun at midnight and threaten to shoot her dogs if she doesn't make them shut up. (Note: Don't actually shoot them, just make the threat.) The next day, you can tell her you are extremely sorry and embarrassed about your unacceptable behavior, explain that you were drunk and beg forgiveness. But you still got your point across.

Forum List

Back