USMB Coffee Shop IV

Lemons into lemonade.

My cell phone was stolen on Saturday while I was as the gym, working out. That sucked rocks.

So, I went to my cell-phone dealer this morning as soon as they were open and got a sweet package on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (the newest ones are the S5) with unlimited yadayadayada because I am also member of the German equivalent to AAA, called ADAC in Germany. It's just a contract extension with a minimum monthly fee for the phone over 24 months, not even close to the actual price for those phones. So, lemons just got turned into lemonade.

The new phone is charging and then all I have to do is to log on with my google account and all my good stuff that was in the cloud should just transfer on over. Here's hoping for the best. I run my business appointments over that phone, so it having been stolen was a real pain in the ass. Had to cancel the SIM-card and change a lot of passwords very quickly. But at least I am still running with the same telephone number now - that was the critical element in all of this, to say the least.

So is life.

Last edited:
And so it's Monday.

I have a new neighbor. Actually the new neighbor is the sister of my old neighbor. She owns the dog grooming service I take Daisy the Mutt to. Here's the situation: she has four Jack Russell terriers. They are playful and active and bark as soon as they are exposed to oxygen. Midnight last night they were barking.

I got up around 1:30 to pee and get a glass of milk and they were still barking. This morning as I arose, they were still barking.

How should I address this situation? I have to sleep due to my being a human being. How can I get a good night's sleep with the windows open with four dogs barking? She does a great job trimming up Daisy the Mutt and I still have to live in Pimplebutt, but I fear my sleepless nights will continue until furnace season.

And so it's Monday.

I have a new neighbor. Actually the new neighbor is the sister of my old neighbor. She owns the dog grooming service I take Daisy the Mutt to. Here's the situation: she has four Jack Russell terriers. They are playful and active and bark as soon as they are exposed to oxygen. Midnight last night they were barking.

I got up around 1:30 to pee and get a glass of milk and they were still barking. This morning as I arose, they were still barking.

How should I address this situation? I have to sleep due to my being a human being. How can I get a good night's sleep with the windows open with four dogs barking? She does a great job trimming up Daisy the Mutt and I still have to live in Pimplebutt, but I fear my sleepless nights will continue until furnace season.

You can always bribe the neighbor dog with treats!!

Happy Monday everyone! I was just beat. A good night sleep and a cup of Joe just change the world!

Running a business, dealing with my girls growing up, getting used to being empty nesters. Things are good, yet it's so much work. And it's three more words. Ex ... pen ... sive ...

And so it's Monday.

You can always bribe the neighbor dog with treats!!
In the wee small hours of the morning, I don't want to be trudging across the street with handfuls of kibble. I'd rather buy an acoustically insulating dome for the entire property. Like the Cone of Silence on Get Smart!

Good morning everyone! Hope the day finds you well. I am chomping down some coffee and gathering jazz for our beach vacation. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Good morning. I am glad that many of the long time members have migrated to the new setup here.

Going to get some of the rain from the hurricane off of Mexico and California.

And so it's Monday.

Have you told that woman her dogs keep you up all night? Hasn't she noticed it herself?

And so it's Monday.

Have you told that woman her dogs keep you up all night? Hasn't she noticed it herself?
Here's the ironic part. She named her dog grooming service Four Bad Jacks.

I'd be lying if I said I knew how to use all the stuff on the old style board. :)

I'm here to stay, unless someone makes a better offer. Even then, this is the one I come back to.

I drank pop too late in the day and my aches from clearing brush all day made sleep pretty tough last night.

I expect more spelling errors than normal. ;)

Good morning. I am glad that many of the long time members have migrated to the new setup here.

Going to get some of the rain from the hurricane off of Mexico and California.
Thanks Jake, and wishing you a good morning and satisfying day, this Monday.

I can't wait for all our CS patrons to return to active duty here....:D

And so it's Monday.

Challenging situation you have there, NK. I have suffered through similar ones, several times. Once, our gated community had rules against dogs barking after certain hours and that solved that one. I had to write a complaint, though. I have found owners of dogs barking for any reason, even just at the moon, couldn't care less about the annoyance to neighbors. Just one more reason to teach your children, well?

And so it's Monday.

Challenging situation you have there, NK. I have suffered through similar ones, several times. Once, our gated community had rules against dogs barking after certain hours and that solved that one. I had to write a complaint, though. I have found owners of dogs barking for any reason, even just at the moon, couldn't care less about the annoyance to neighbors. Just one more reason to teach your children, well?
Unfortunately the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate does not lay within a gated compound. There is no authority to hear my plight. The dogs are in a fenced area in her front yard, the yard that faces my home.

Last night the dogs were barking and made another neighbor's dog bark as well. Daisy the Mutt, to her credit, slept through all the din. But it soon became apparent that the Jack Russells were barking in response to the other dog's barking which was, of course due to the Jack Russell's barking. And yet they say the Jack Russell terrier is a smart dog.

Many communities limited the number of dogs you can own. Also, the dog grooming business may not be in a business zone.

Many communities limited the number of dogs you can own. Also, the dog grooming business may not be in a business zone.
Don't misunderstand. I like the owner. I like her daughter. I like the whole family. I don't like her dogs, but I own a dog too. the difference is my dog does not bark, except at the mailman. I don't want to get her into trouble. Her business is just fine. I just want to figure out how to tell her to keep those damn dogs quiet after dark.

Yesterday Daisy the Mutt and I took our daily walk in the park. There was a case manager for the Board of Developmental disabilities walking two of her charges. The two developmentally disabled folks just adored Daisy and Daisy was happy to show off. We ran through her repertoire of tricks. Everyone laughed and said 'Awww' and had a good time watching Daisy's antics.

Then one of the developmentally disabled folks asked me if Daisy could dial Emergency 9-1-1. I explained that I did teach Daisy to dial 9-1-1 but she couldn't get it. "She can dial the '9' and then a '1', but she can't figure out to dial that second '1'." I explained.

tumblr_n0a0ol8s4o1s2npuoo1_1280.jpg

The limit here is three dogs. I pointed that out to my neighbor (5) and said I wanted her to keep all those dogs she loved, but a not so understanding neighbor down the block might not cut her a break with all the barking at night.

Forum List

Back