USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I'm still here. My leg hurts. I actually walked around the block yesterday for the first time since my surgery. Gonna need pain pills today. Hope all is well. I really don't care for this new format. The quotes is what gets me. Why can't they form a whole line instead of a long column?

Oh, and I'm most pleased you are still here. The new format for the board has been a pretty steep learning curve for a lot of us, but day by day it becomes more comfortable and user friendly.

I was not pleased initially, but I've adapted...I'm 95% comfortable with the new format.

Yeah, most of us really hated it at first. But as we've learned to respond to different words and concepts and figured out how to use it, it really isn't all that bad. Some feature I really like. And now that I'm getting used to this, there isn't a lot from the old system that I'm missing a whole lot.

Cowboys kick off in a few minutes, and SFC Ollie can groan and moan for a whole nother season. :lol:

Well, I'm still here. My leg hurts. I actually walked around the block yesterday for the first time since my surgery. Gonna need pain pills today. Hope all is well. I really don't care for this new format. The quotes is what gets me. Why can't they form a whole line instead of a long column?

Oh, and I'm most pleased you are still here. The new format for the board has been a pretty steep learning curve for a lot of us, but day by day it becomes more comfortable and user friendly.

I was not pleased initially, but I've adapted...I'm 95% comfortable with the new format.

Yeah, most of us really hated it at first. But as we've learned to respond to different words and concepts and figured out how to use it, it really isn't all that bad. Some feature I really like. And now that I'm getting used to this, there isn't a lot from the old system that I'm missing a whole lot.

I just wish the quotes were in a paragraph form instead of a long thin column.

Mine are in paragraph form.:dunno:

Mine are in long thin lines. In this one, my original post is now 2 letters wide.

Mine are in long thin lines. In this one, my original post is now 2 letters wide.

That would drive me nuts...maybe there is a setting that could be changed to fix it.

New format? What was it like before? I'm a newbie here.

Commiserations with your leg trouble . I'm flat on my back with sciatica. And I have some heavy travelling coming up. .

Mindful, a day or two ago I mentioned those wraps that your put around your thigh and wear under your clothing--is supposed to apply a form of acupressure that relieves sciatica symptoms and other back pain. They have been advertising it on TV a lot lately. I'm wanting somebody to try one and see if it really works before I order them for Hombre and me. :)

And we'll look forward to hearing about your adventures in your travels. :)

I'll look out for them.

Given that I drive nearly 130 miles round trip for My job (each day), it goes without saying that I put a lot of miles on a vehicle. My Tribute finally gave up the ghost. It was running rough and over this past week, I had tried to get it to pass safety inspection, but alas....it was far to costly and at 211,883 miles, I think I managed to get My monies worth out of it.

I didn't really want to take out another auto loan as I wanted to get the Jeep paid off first, but I have to have transportation. This time, I opted for gas economy, mainly because it was costing Me a little over 400 dollars a month just in gas alone.

So, the new ride will cost about 40 percent of the cost of My Tribute, which will save Me over 200 dollars a month. Coincidentally, My new car payment equals out to 199.88 per month. Not to bad since the savings will make the car payment and maybe even cover most of the insurance increase, which shouldn't be much.

So, the new ride is a Mazda 3 with the sport package and I admit...I like it. Its responsive and a decent ride.

Here is it.

View attachment 31634
Nice! Is there a white care rule in your area :lol:
What is a white car rule? I guess that means I don't know. lol

Darkwind said: So, the new ride is a Mazda 3 with the sport package and I admit...I like it. Its responsive and a decent ride.

Here is it.

View attachment 31634

I said: Really pretty Darkwind. I had a little Mazda RX3 with a Wankle engine eons ago. Ran the wheels off that car before my kids ran them off again. It was still running like a sewing machine when we traded it. Is that you sitting in it?

Darkwind said: It is.

How neat. Of course it probably isn't the best pic you've ever had taken, but it is fun to have a glimpse of what we look like.

(Had to edit because I screwed up the quote coding and didn't want to take time to fix it.)[/QUOTE]
yeah, it wasn't the best pic. It was taken with an iPhone. Thank you.

There must be a setting for the posts to be more paragraph form. My home computer makes it readable, but my work one does what Againsheila's does. It is a big annoyance.

Nice to have some new friends in the coffee shop. Settle right in mindful and MDK (sp?).

Feeling tired tonight, but happy to complete a big brush removal project. Mrs. Liberty wants to have a garage sale soon, so I'll be busy moving stuff around. Fall is already beginning it seems.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Okay boys and girls, for today's history lesson:

On this day in history, September 4, 1957, the Ford Motor Company unveiled the Edsel and designated the date as "E-day". The car was pulled from the market in late 1959, citing poor sales, and was commemorated by the Washington Post as "Edsel: The Flop Heard Around the World." There are some interesting side stories about the Edsel however.

Some say it failed because of its name. Ford execs hired professionals to come up with a name of the car and "Edsel" (the name of Henry Ford's only son) was certainly preferable to names such as Intelligent Bullet, Mongoose Civique, and Utopian Turtletop that the experts came up with.

Others say it was ahead of its time, but it had no more innovations or exotic features than other cars in the mid-sized range and it was a hot performer on the road and it did well in its maiden year. During the 1958 model year, 63,110 Edsels were produced. Edsel outsold DeSoto, Chrysler, and Studebaker. For every two Mercurys sold, one Edsel was sold despite Mercury having 20 years of brand loyalty and product history behind it.

Some say it was sunk because of poor quality, but the late 1950's was not an era of quality for any of America's auto makers. Which allowed Germany and Japan, who were going for quality, to gain a foothold here.

Some say that the timing was poor when the Edsel was launched at the beginning of the Eisenhower recession. But it had plenty of capital to weather that storm and other models introduced during that period and other recessions have done just fine.

The little know reason that the Edsel most likely didn't succeed is that the then Ford VP Robert McNamara didn't like it and planned to phase it out before it ever went into production. He loved the Ford Falcon, introduced the same year, and he thought the Edsel too flashy. It offended his sense of what an automobile should be. Some historians believe the Edsel would have developed staying power had McNamara not axed it.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Probably none of us have ever owned, driven, or even ridden in an Edsel. But every single one of us has heard of it. :)

13-AZ-MtT-15.jpg
I never owned one, but there are 4 rotting away in a lot down the street from Doc's. I'd love to pull one out of there and restore it, but I'm afraid they are all too far gone.

Addition for the prayer list, Foxy. My friend and loyal customer Mr. Larry appears to have had a minor stroke this morning. He insisted on coming in for the Sunday dice game with Max and I. His wife wasn't about to let him drive so she dropped him off. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay til the end We called his wife and she came and picked him up. She was going to drag him kicking and screaming, to the hospital. Larry has MS, is a colon cancer survivor and has had several bypasses in both femoral arteries.
He's 69 and we'd all love to see him make at least 90.

Would love to have known how it was before.

I miss the old board. Yes, I can navigate a bit with the new software but...it isn't the same. And I can't find anyone anymore half the time. Many have left. I kinda wish I could but I don't have anywhere else to go, to be honest. Well, I do, but it isn't home like usmb used to be for me.

Waa waaa waaa. I need some cheese with my whine.

Forum List

Back