USMB Coffee Shop IV

Greetings from Franconia, NH. We left the campground at North Egremont, Mass. this morning around 0830 and toddled along until we came to a couple of places in Vermont that Mrs. BBD wanted to stop to do some shopping... i.e., a basket for a neighbor and some maple syrup. Then we got back on I-91 and shuffled along until we got to I-93. We stopped for lunch in mid-afternoon at a little place in St. Johnsbury, Vermont that was really great. The name of the diner was Anthony's. I had the fried scallops and Mrs. BBD has a steak sandwich. The food was absolutely fantastic! Then we loaded up and made our way to the campground we are staying at tonight in Franconia. Very nice young lady checked us in and assigned us a spot. Must say it's a terrific campground. Very pretty. Then she told us about the bears!!! She warned us about leaving any food items or trash outside over night by saying that if you didn't want bear visitors, don't do it. I assured her that I would not and in the back of my mind I was thinking that if Davy Crockett could kill a bear by grinning it to death, I'd like to maybe try that. Maybe after Mrs. BBD retires for the evening I might slip a couple opened cans of Pepsi outside the door to maybe prove or disprove ole Davy's tall tale. But then again, I'd rather believe that it's a true story than to be disappointed in finding out that it's not and wondering what to do with a big old hungry bear on my hands. After all, I might not have the kind of smile Davy Crockett had. I got to tell you that Vermont and New Hampshire are very beautiful places. I had never been to either until today. I'm impressed. Tomorrow it's off to a little town near Franconia for Mrs. BBD to do some shopping and some grocery buying. The RV is getting a little low on chow and I don't want to begin to eat all the stuff from Hershey I bought to carry back home for friends and neighbors. I don't know how your neighbors are but ours don't come right out and ask, "What did you bring me?" but they give you that look the same way a beagle does when he watches you eat. Tomorrow we shall make our way to Cape Neddick, Maine so I can take a photograph of the "most photographed light house in America". I also plan on eating some lobster. Will post again as time allows.

Dude, while you are up there, you and Mrs. BDD should visit the Granite Quarry in Barre, VT. Cool stuff!

I hope everyone is having a great evening. It was a wonderful day here in the Steel City.

I just finished packing all the board/card games for our beach trip. 33 games! Did I mention that my friends and I are wild about games? Some good friends, some stiff cocktails, and some games is my idea of nirvana.

Ahhh, I know Pittsburgh quite well... lived just over the border in OH back in the 90s.

Familiar with the Carnegie Hall there?

I stopped in ta the animal shelter thrift store today where I went to tune their piano two weeks ago. Was pleased to see even though they jacked up the price (too high I thought) it got sold now that it has actual notes on it. :D

And the buyer wanted my phone number presumably to go do a tune-tweak once it's in place so I may have a little gig. Guess I shouldn't really make a big deal out of the fact that I never did it before.... :eusa_shifty:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Ernie's friend Mr. Larry,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

My back is better today. Walking much improved.

Hello and welcome to the forum, first of all. Nice to see a new addition in the Coffee Shop. Glad your back is better - how did you injure it? I haven't been here in a day or so and tend to miss out on all the goss.

good morning, all

still a bit ill with the cough and wheeze but feeling better

going to have seven straight days of bright sun and temps in the seventies and eighties

Tossed tree branches on Saturday and Sunday, then moved a heavy desk Monday. So why do I get one of those muscle pains on the lower inside of my right shoulder Wednesday morning?

So it is January of this year and Mrs. Liberty gets a toothache. Turns out the dentist says a crown is needed.. She has insurance, so the crown gets made. The tooth continues to be a bother, a return trip is in order.

The next trip reveals the roots are being troublesome, so a root canal is scheduled. A hole is drilled in the crown and the root canal is done. Problem solved. Several weeks later the tooth refuses to be ignored.

Time for a tooth extraction. Well that seems crazy after all the work and money spent on saving the thing. Tooth comes out. End of story.

Nope, spoke too soon. Pain where the tooth use to be still present. New dentist discovers a bone spur where the tooth was previously. Bone spur ground out yesterday. End of story? We hope.

No injury. Just an intermittent sciatica problem. More a nuisance than anything else.
Ohhh, that does suck. I remember the day I didn't do my warmup exercises before a game of tennis, and suffered the same fate. It was months before I was able to shampoo my hair in the shower, without holding one leg up in a bent angle, to avoid the pain of bending my head down. Yikes...

I did learn an invaluable lesson, though. :badgrin:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
good morning, all

still a bit ill with the cough and wheeze but feeling better

going to have seven straight days of bright sun and temps in the seventies and eighties
Glad you're feeling better Jake.

Looks like our temps are going to be about the same if one can believe an Oregon Coast forecast. :lol:

Forum List

Back