USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh, and before I forget it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @SmarterThanThe Average Bear who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome, welcome and we hope you're enjoying USMB and will find, as many of us have, the Coffee Shop to be a welcome refuge from the sometimes contentiousness out there.

Your first timers complimentary beverage:

AD1C10_Cappuccino-Cups_lg.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day, already. It's a beautiful morning here in Texas.......maybe I'll get some things done.......:rolleyes:

tuesday.jpg
Thanks Mertex. I'm with you on getting some things done today. That's what days off are for. lol Many errands and increased exercises. Today, a flu shot. This is a beautiful week at the coast with temps in the low 60's and light showers. They feel like a day at the spa, when walking outside. No one wears a hat or carries umbrellas as showers, generally are so soft. Sometimes into winter, showers change to rain, and then a hoodie suffices. :thup:

Ahhh, you live in beautiful Washington, state, don't you.....I wish I had that rain, all my magazines show beautiful gardens and they are all usually in Wash or Oregon, we're having very cool weather today, very comfortable.

I don't drink any of that stuff, but I'm happy to eat it in ice cream form.:thup:

45d15d82445b7ef6b97543341bc47198.jpg

Ummmm, that sounds pretty good.....and 4 g of fiber, you can't beat that........but it's low fat....is it any good? I've tried some of the low fat ice-cream in other brands and they usually don't taste that good.

I REFUSE to eat low fat unless it actually is enjoyable to eat. I'd rather exercise a little more and enjoy my indulgences to the fullest.

I don't like much of the low-fat that's out there, but I'm always willing to try. I use the low-fat half and half for my coffee and I really can't tell the difference. I've gotten used to 1% milk, although whole milk tastes sooooo good. I've also been drinking diet coke for so long, the real coke makes me gag. But, in ice cream I've yet to find one that I can really say it tastes just as good or better than the real thing.
I so agree on the ice cream preference. Sometimes I will go with sherbert, just to avoid the fat from ice cream. It does have almost too much sugar in it, for me, but I do like it. Pineapple sherbert or rainbow. :thup:

I can only have a little bit of either. I am wild for some sherbert and ice cream but my diabetes prohibits me from being a piggy face. Lame.

I love Gelato.....unfortunately there aren't that many places that carry it.

What s the Difference Between Gelato and Ice Cream

Oh, and before I forget it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @SmarterThanThe Average Bear who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome, welcome and we hope you're enjoying USMB and will find, as many of us have, the Coffee Shop to be a welcome refuge from the sometimes contentiousness out there.

Dang foxy, that cup looks like it is made of chocolate and can be eaten at the same you are drinking your coffee! I want some..........:clap:

I don't drink any of that stuff, but I'm happy to eat it in ice cream form.:thup:

45d15d82445b7ef6b97543341bc47198.jpg

Ummmm, that sounds pretty good.....and 4 g of fiber, you can't beat that........but it's low fat....is it any good? I've tried some of the low fat ice-cream in other brands and they usually don't taste that good.

I REFUSE to eat low fat unless it actually is enjoyable to eat. I'd rather exercise a little more and enjoy my indulgences to the fullest.

I don't like much of the low-fat that's out there, but I'm always willing to try. I use the low-fat half and half for my coffee and I really can't tell the difference. I've gotten used to 1% milk, although whole milk tastes sooooo good. I've also been drinking diet coke for so long, the real coke makes me gag. But, in ice cream I've yet to find one that I can really say it tastes just as good or better than the real thing.
I so agree on the ice cream preference. Sometimes I will go with sherbert, just to avoid the fat from ice cream. It does have almost too much sugar in it, for me, but I do like it. Pineapple sherbert or rainbow. :thup:
You really want to avoid Haagen Dazs ice cream then, because that stuff is loaded with fat. But then that's why it tastes so good... :D

I agree on the sherbert, (alt. sp. sherbet).

It's okay to splurge every now and then and have something you really like.

Dang foxy, that cup looks like it is made of chocolate and can be eaten at the same you are drinking your coffee! I want some..........:clap:

Does make your mouth water and you impulsively want to catch that before it spills. :)

Okay, I'm outta bed........ That's the best I can say right now.......

You and me both. Being in the same time zone I can relate. I've been up just under an hour but needed that extra sleep. But after a cup of coffee--about to have my second--things are improving. Good morning all.
I had 9 hours of sleep yesterday and 8 hours last night. My body doesn't know what to do with it as I usually get an average of 6 1/2 hours.

I can only have a little bit of either. I am wild for some sherbert and ice cream but my diabetes prohibits me from being a piggy face. Lame.

There is a bakery near my house that sells the most amazing gelato. Every now and again I treat myself to their vanilla gelato. Heavenly is a word I would use to describe it.

Is that a chocolate cup? LOL YUM and thank you for the welcome

You really want to avoid Haagen Dazs ice cream then, because that stuff is loaded with fat. But then that's why it tastes so good... :D

I agree. You don't want to eat ribeye steaks every day because that wouldn't be good for you. But every now and then, I see enjoying a great steak with all the fat, salt, sauce, sides, and calories as one of life's guilty pleasures and, with restraint, no harm, no foul.

Same with enjoying ice cream. We don't indulge all that often, but when we do we go for the full flavor, full enjoyment, full pleasure.

A fat, sugar and salt laden diet as our normal fare is not good for any of us. But neither is a fat free, salt free diet of twigs and leaves over the long haul.

Moderation in all things and enjoy life. Hard to go wrong with that philosophy I say. :)

Okay, I'm outta bed........ That's the best I can say right now.......

You and me both. Being in the same time zone I can relate. I've been up just under an hour but needed that extra sleep. But after a cup of coffee--about to have my second--things are improving. Good morning all.
I had 9 hours of sleep yesterday and 8 hours last night. My body doesn't know what to do with it as I usually get an average of 6 1/2 hours.

I slept in this morning, all the way to 0600

I agree. You don't want to eat ribeye steaks every day because that wouldn't be good for you. But every now and then, I see enjoying a great steak with all the fat, salt, sauce, sides, and calories as one of life's guilty pleasures and, with restraint, no harm, no foul.

Same with enjoying ice cream. We don't indulge all that often, but when we do we go for the full flavor, full enjoyment, full pleasure.

A fat, sugar and salt laden diet as our normal fare is not good for any of us. But neither is a fat free, salt free diet of twigs and leaves over the long haul.

Moderation in all things and enjoy life. Hard to go wrong with that philosophy I say. :)

I'm going to grill a 2" thick ribeye tonight and top it with blue cheese , as a side we will have baked potato covered with butter, sour cream, bacon, green onions , and cheddar cheese. As well as grilled asparagus and some nice artisan bread.

Then I'll be up at 0530 tomorrow getting ready for a 6 mile run.

The wife loves the all natural (no sugar) peanut butter, of course it always needs to be remixed when it's first opened. Used to do it by hand till I figured out I can use an electric mixer with only one mixing blade in it...... Makes life so much easier........

I have an eye Doctor appt. this Friday and hubby drives me there because I can't see anything for the rest of day due to those 3 eye drops they give me. They are not the regular drops that most get for eye appointments.
We are also taking in our desktop pc's for their 6 month maintenance and cleaning so I won't be here on the board at all on Friday. I am happy that I now have a lap top, so no computer withdrawals.
I hate those eye drops because I can't see to read or watch TV or do much of anything until after about 8 hours.
Good news I can't see well enough to cook so we will be getting something to take home for dinner. :)

There is a bakery near my house that sells the most amazing gelato. Every now and again I treat myself to their vanilla gelato. Heavenly is a word I would use to describe it.

There is a big theater complex in San Antonio, with IMAX, called the Palladium.....it's kind of far from where we live, but once in a while we decide to see a 3-D movie on the IMax screen and they have a Gelato store in the theater.....that's about the only time I get some. They have about 20 flavors, it seems, and they all look so delicious. Somehow I seem to always end up getting the same one, though.....:)

I'm going to grill a 2" thick ribeye tonight and top it with blue cheese , as a side we will have baked potato covered with butter, sour cream, bacon, green onions , and cheddar cheese. As well as grilled asparagus and some nice artisan bread.

Then I'll be up at 0530 tomorrow getting ready for a 6 mile run.

Damn, now you made me want one too.........argh.........

There is a big theater complex in San Antonio, with IMAX, called the Palladium.....it's kind of far from where we live, but once in a while we decide to see a 3-D movie on the IMax screen and they have a Gelato store in the theater.....that's about the only time I get some. They have about 20 flavors, it seems, and they all look so delicious. Somehow I seem to always end up getting the same one, though.....:)

I know what you mean. Every time I tell myself I am going to get something different and I almost always get the same flavor. If they stopped making it so delicious I would try more flavors.

The wife loves the all natural (no sugar) peanut butter, of course it always needs to be remixed when it's first opened. Used to do it by hand till I figured out I can use an electric mixer with only one mixing blade in it...... Makes life so much easier........

Barney Butter

You will never buy peanut butter again
The wife's not a big almond fan.

What? Almonds are delicious, and wonderfully heart healthy.

Forum List

Back