USMB Coffee Shop IV

What's not to like about liver? Or oysters, or spinach? I love eggplant, too, and my husband doesn't like any of the things I mentioned.....:D So, I have to wait until we eat out to order them, because I surely can't go to all that trouble to just fix one plate! Eggplant parmigiana, to die for. Fried oysters.....wonderful, liver with caramelized onions, yummmm. Spinach, raw or cooked or in quiche.....very very good.

I don't like liver, but then again I've eaten raw snake so if someone said "liver is what is for dinner" I'd manage.

Liver has a very unique flavor. You'll either like it or hate it. I tried it on my son when he was about 18 months....and my husband started to say something negative about me doing it, so I told him to hush as it looked like my son was chewing it and enjoying it.....then he suddenly made a disgusted face and blew it out across the room....he doesn't like it to this day, either.

I ESPECIALLY don't understand how people can eat fried chicken livers and gizzards GROSS

Oh, okay.....I don't like those either....I had forgotten about those. So, raw oysters, and chicken livers and gizzards....three things I definitely don't like.

Try raw snake . Seriously

Ewww....I've had fried rattle snake, it didn't taste bad, but my repulsiveness was kicking in and I could have gagged on it if I kept eating it. I could never survive on Survivor, especially when they have to eat gross things like beetles or pig intestines...I just couldn't do it. I saw an add where some food experts are using crickets in bakery products....supposedly they are loaded with protein and other good stuff. I guess if I can't see the whole thing I could eat a piece of cake with them in it, but to stick one in my mouth and chew it....arghhhhhhhhh....

What's not to like about liver? Or oysters, or spinach? I love eggplant, too, and my husband doesn't like any of the things I mentioned.....:D So, I have to wait until we eat out to order them, because I surely can't go to all that trouble to just fix one plate! Eggplant parmigiana, to die for. Fried oysters.....wonderful, liver with caramelized onions, yummmm. Spinach, raw or cooked or in quiche.....very very good.

I don't like liver, but then again I've eaten raw snake so if someone said "liver is what is for dinner" I'd manage.

Liver has a very unique flavor. You'll either like it or hate it. I tried it on my son when he was about 18 months....and my husband started to say something negative about me doing it, so I told him to hush as it looked like my son was chewing it and enjoying it.....then he suddenly made a disgusted face and blew it out across the room....he doesn't like it to this day, either.

I ESPECIALLY don't understand how people can eat fried chicken livers and gizzards GROSS

Oh, okay.....I don't like those either....I had forgotten about those. So, raw oysters, and chicken livers and gizzards....three things I definitely don't like.
I win...I like them all :lol:

You should go on Survivor.....you'd probably win their awful challenge.

The wife loves the all natural (no sugar) peanut butter, of course it always needs to be remixed when it's first opened. Used to do it by hand till I figured out I can use an electric mixer with only one mixing blade in it...... Makes life so much easier........

Barney Butter

You will never buy peanut butter again
The wife's not a big almond fan.

What? Almonds are delicious, and wonderfully heart healthy.
So? If someone doesn't like something it doesn't matter how good it is for them.
Liver is supposed to be really healthy...... neither one of us like liver all that much. I'm not a big spinach fan but spinach is very healthy, it's a simple matter of taste.

OH I agree, I just find it odd that someone would like peanut butter but not almond butter. I'm not trying to offend or anything, it just seems odd to me.
I said "not really like all that much", not "not like at all". We will eat all those things I mentioned on occasion we just don't go out of our way to find buy them at the store or make them on a regular basis.
As for liver I found one way I do like it and that is in Dirty Rice.

Dirty Rice Recipe Paula Deen Food Network

Barney Butter

So? If someone doesn't like something it doesn't matter how good it is for them.
Liver is supposed to be really healthy...... neither one of us like liver all that much. I'm not a big spinach fan but spinach is very healthy, it's a simple matter of taste.

OH I agree, I just find it odd that someone would like peanut butter but not almond butter. I'm not trying to offend or anything, it just seems odd to me.
I said "not really like all that much", not "not like at all". We will eat all those things I mentioned on occasion we just don't go out of our way to find buy them at the store or make them on a regular basis.

Hmmm, I might could eat chicken livers if they were in dirty rice, but alone, nope!

There is a company in San Francisco that adds crickets to all its baked goods.Yummy.

Men’s Health is reporting that a company is grinding up crickets and processing them in the flour. Yes, that flour is being used in baked goods. Yep. That cookie has some crickets in it! Yum. Some of you are gagging right now. That is totally understandable. Insects are not the most tantalizing food item. Many (or all) of you may think crickets are not food at all.

Are There Crickets In Your Baked Goods KYMX Mix 96

The wife loves the all natural (no sugar) peanut butter, of course it always needs to be remixed when it's first opened. Used to do it by hand till I figured out I can use an electric mixer with only one mixing blade in it...... Makes life so much easier........

Barney Butter

I'm with you. My mom made the world's best liver and onions - to die for if you do like liver and onions. Fried or chopped into a dressing or casserole is about the only way I love oysters - can't bring myself to like the raw ones though--I protest against food you don't have to swallow to eat. We eat a LOT of Spinach in a lot of different ways. Eggplant not so much but mostly because I just don't think about it. Might have to think about it more. Don't know if Hombre would eat it or not. He will eat fried oysters and spinach but won't touch liver and doesn't like fried onions that much.

For many in my family, properly prepared breaded and fried chicken gizzards and liver are a delicacy along with fried okra--don't care for boiled okra at all--hush puppies, and most veggies from the garden.

Hmmm, I might could eat chicken livers if they were in dirty rice, but alone, nope!

My favorite fried rice recipe
BBQ Pork Fried Rice Recipe Guy Fieri Food Network

Tuesday-winnie-the-pooh-quotes-what-day-is-it-its-today-my-favorite-day.jpg

MMM our ribeye was delicious.

I'm just about to get ours on the grill. :)

I cooked ours in cast iron. over salt, If you haven't tried it. I HIGHLY recommend.

I've heard of that. I'm using a cast iron skillet for the grill but the steaks themselves are pretty thin and will require a quick sear and they'll be done. So it will be a quick and trouble free procedure.

MMM our ribeye was delicious.

I'm just about to get ours on the grill. :)

I cooked ours in cast iron. over salt, If you haven't tried it. I HIGHLY recommend.

I've heard of that. I'm using a cast iron skillet for the grill but the steaks themselves are pretty thin and will require a quick sear and they'll be done. So it will be a quick and trouble free procedure.

Oh, mine were 2" thick. And I also used the CI on the grille. Use coarse white sea salt. It is exemplary

Fries oysters are one of my guilty pleasures....so so good.

I've also had them broiled with spinach/butter.....Rockfeller.....but I've never tried them raw....not sure I would like them raw, hmmm, I guess there is the one thing...:eek:
I can't get past the way raw oysters feel in my mouth. They feel like I should be spitting that out. Now Oysters Rockefeller, broiled oysters, smoked oysters, fried oysters, oyster bisque, I'm all good with that.
There's an oyster festival here in the late fall. You buy tickets and a ticket will get you an oyster any way you want it. With 50 or 60 different recipes, if you leave hungry, you're doing something wrong.

Foxy mentioned she liked fried oysters in an above post. I like oysters any way you can get them. I had a dozen raw oysters while on vacation. They were yummy!!!

Oh, just in case anybody is interested, I had a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. It was yummy too!

Foxy mentioned she liked fried oysters in an above post. I like oysters any way you can get them. I had a dozen raw oysters while on vacation. They were yummy!!!

Oh, just in case anybody is interested, I had a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. It was yummy too!

Did you dip it in ketchup...or should I say catsup??

Turkey liver and gizzards were always the kitties' Thanksgiving dinner.

Forum List

Back