USMB Coffee Shop IV

Foxy mentioned she liked fried oysters in an above post. I like oysters any way you can get them. I had a dozen raw oysters while on vacation. They were yummy!!!

Oh, just in case anybody is interested, I had a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. It was yummy too!

Did you dip it in ketchup...or should I say catsup??

:eek-52:

What? You are out of ranch dressing?

Foxy mentioned she liked fried oysters in an above post. I like oysters any way you can get them. I had a dozen raw oysters while on vacation. They were yummy!!!

Oh, just in case anybody is interested, I had a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. It was yummy too!
Always used to go to this little crab shack in Tampa for steamed oysters on the half shell, and then put them on a saltine cracker with cocktail sauce... oh yeah... now that's some good stuff right there... something about those Tampa girls, my Tampa girlfriend told me they were an aphrodisiac... I think they might have been... :biggrin:

I've got my trail camera out, BBD. Haven't gotten anything yet wandering my little back forty. I'll leave it out there for a month or so and then go check it.

MMM our ribeye was delicious.

I'm just about to get ours on the grill. :)

I cooked ours in cast iron. over salt, If you haven't tried it. I HIGHLY recommend.

I've heard of that. I'm using a cast iron skillet for the grill but the steaks themselves are pretty thin and will require a quick sear and they'll be done. So it will be a quick and trouble free procedure.

Oh, mine were 2" thick. And I also used the CI on the grille. Use coarse white sea salt. It is exemplary

So what do you do? Cover the bottom of the skillet with sea salt and then cook them over it? I've never heard of that method.....:)

Fries oysters are one of my guilty pleasures....so so good.

I've also had them broiled with spinach/butter.....Rockfeller.....but I've never tried them raw....not sure I would like them raw, hmmm, I guess there is the one thing...:eek:
I can't get past the way raw oysters feel in my mouth. They feel like I should be spitting that out. Now Oysters Rockefeller, broiled oysters, smoked oysters, fried oysters, oyster bisque, I'm all good with that.
There's an oyster festival here in the late fall. You buy tickets and a ticket will get you an oyster any way you want it. With 50 or 60 different recipes, if you leave hungry, you're doing something wrong.

St Mary's University in San Antonio has an Oyster Fest right around the same time as Fiesta....and they also have them any way you want them. I would love to go, but Mr. Mertex doesn't like oysters, so he doesn't see any real reason to go.....:mad:

Afternoon everyone. I've enjoyed a marvellous sleep in today, which my body needed. Back to work tomorrow, only a three hour shift to get me started so that is something I am happy about.

What? Almonds are delicious, and wonderfully heart healthy.
So? If someone doesn't like something it doesn't matter how good it is for them.
Liver is supposed to be really healthy...... neither one of us like liver all that much. I'm not a big spinach fan but spinach is very healthy, it's a simple matter of taste.

What's not to like about liver? Or oysters, or spinach? I love eggplant, too, and my husband doesn't like any of the things I mentioned.....:D So, I have to wait until we eat out to order them, because I surely can't go to all that trouble to just fix one plate! Eggplant parmigiana, to die for. Fried oysters.....wonderful, liver with caramelized onions, yummmm. Spinach, raw or cooked or in quiche.....very very good.

I don't like liver, but then again I've eaten raw snake so if someone said "liver is what is for dinner" I'd manage.

Liver has a very unique flavor. You'll either like it or hate it. I tried it on my son when he was about 18 months....and my husband started to say something negative about me doing it, so I told him to hush as it looked like my son was chewing it and enjoying it.....then he suddenly made a disgusted face and blew it out across the room....he doesn't like it to this day, either.

I ESPECIALLY don't understand how people can eat fried chicken livers and gizzards GROSS
The wife's not a big almond fan.

What? Almonds are delicious, and wonderfully heart healthy.
So? If someone doesn't like something it doesn't matter how good it is for them.
Liver is supposed to be really healthy...... neither one of us like liver all that much. I'm not a big spinach fan but spinach is very healthy, it's a simple matter of taste.

OH I agree, I just find it odd that someone would like peanut butter but not almond butter. I'm not trying to offend or anything, it just seems odd to me.
I said "not really like all that much", not "not like at all". We will eat all those things I mentioned on occasion we just don't go out of our way to find buy them at the store or make them on a regular basis.
As for liver I found one way I do like it and that is in Dirty Rice.

Dirty Rice Recipe Paula Deen Food Network

Hmmm, I might could eat chicken livers if they were in dirty rice, but alone, nope!

Chicken liver and gizzards are good chopped very fine in a moist cornbread dressing, the kind you slice like cake, not the crumbly stovetop kind.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Mrs. Ollie for a successful and problem free procedure,
Mrs. Hossfly Liz, and Hossfly
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle-pumpkins-autumn-background-33534896.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Evening all. Wondering how I am going to sleep tonight seeing I only got out of bed less than eight hours ago lol.

One step closer to being done with the front end upgrades on the big red GMC. Pressing in the new polyurethane bushings in the newly sand blasted and painted upper control arm...

20140923_184534-0_zps6f3123f4.jpg

Last edited:
Morning guys and dolls! Hope the day finds you all well! It's nice and chilly here, such wonderful running weather. I feel a nice long run in my future.

Fries oysters are one of my guilty pleasures....so so good.

I've also had them broiled with spinach/butter.....Rockfeller.....but I've never tried them raw....not sure I would like them raw, hmmm, I guess there is the one thing...:eek:
I can't get past the way raw oysters feel in my mouth. They feel like I should be spitting that out. Now Oysters Rockefeller, broiled oysters, smoked oysters, fried oysters, oyster bisque, I'm all good with that.
There's an oyster festival here in the late fall. You buy tickets and a ticket will get you an oyster any way you want it. With 50 or 60 different recipes, if you leave hungry, you're doing something wrong.

St Mary's University in San Antonio has an Oyster Fest right around the same time as Fiesta....and they also have them any way you want them. I would love to go, but Mr. Mertex doesn't like oysters, so he doesn't see any real reason to go.....:mad:

Mr. Mertex? This post is for you sir. Mertex would like to attend Oyster Fest and that my new friend, is reason enough.

Forum List

Back