USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just a note, while we were on vacation, my nearly 80 year old friend and neighbor came over and weeded our garden and put bark down. What a surprise to come home too. We're gonna take her out to dinner before my surgery.

1653641_545190942263238_1204701111_n.jpg

Lemon iced tea sounds good anytime, not just for a cookout. My favorite was Snapple mint flavored iced tea, but Snapple discontinued it several years ago. Lemon flavored iced tea is a good substitute.

I like that sun tea where you put lemons and tea out in the sun for like a day and then cool it down in the fridge.
Before Jughead Jr was around, me and Mrs Jughead would have iced tea and vodka, especially for cookouts. Now we just go with the iced tea. :D
Now that the jrs. are gone, we just go with the vodka :D

Just a note, while we were on vacation, my nearly 80 year old friend and neighbor came over and weeded our garden and put bark down. What a surprise to come home too. We're gonna take her out to dinner before my surgery.

Wow.

When I first read this I saw "came over and wedded our garden"... :eek:

Carrots are great when making a nice stew. However when having a cookout, I find that you can't get any better than a good garden salad. I pick fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and habanero peppers from my vegetable garden. Goes great with either a rib eye or tenderloin steak. :D

I like brats and potato salad, hamburgers and macaroni salad, stuff like that for a cookout. Oh and baked beans.

My son loves baked beans, but the last two times he's had them, he said his lips felt swollen and he had a scratchy throat. Apparently he's having an allergic reaction to something in them.:dunno:

Beans beans and musical fruit, the more you eat the more toot, the more you toot, the better you feel, so eat beans at every meal..:coffee:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition and Mrs. Ringel's impending surgery,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

My son loves baked beans, but the last two times he's had them, he said his lips felt swollen and he had a scratchy throat. Apparently he's having an allergic reaction to something in them.:dunno:

Uh oh.

Of course when you go on Bush's site, they won't give the ingredients because it's a secret recipe.:lol:

Did you try a different brand of beans? Or a different flavor of the Bush's? Poor kid. Allergies suck. A lot.

Tracy told me, in her own round about way, that I am not to come to class, even to watch. I have to stay home and keep warm and not go out in the cold. I have to miss a week of class even if it kills me, and come back next week.

I figure I will listen to the tough love she's dished out rather than my mums, lol. She cares about me.

I'm actually in masses of pain right now. I have zero strong painkillers left and I am really struggling with the pain. Have to wait several hours before I can take something stronger. Mum says she has something I can have but I have to wait until the last lot of painkillers wear off. Grr...

Okay, I'm up, sucking down coffee, have to get ready, drive up to the Springs to pick up my brother at the airport by 10am. Five hours of sleep, this should be fun.........

My Adblocker adon is blocking NINE ads on here, and my Do Not Track Me is blocking SIX attempts to trace my computer.

I'm afraid the people that own this board are doing their best to turn this into a cash cow, and the board functionality is secondary.

I tried downloading Adblock and was ready to install it when I got a message saying that "free downloads are susceptible to malware" and if "I still wanted to continue" - I chickened out, and I still have my phrases being turned into links and all these links appear at the bottom of each page....very annoying and I think you're right.

These..........
down_arrow.png
down_arrow.png
down_arrow.png

Free merriam webster dictionary Stocks Trading Vegetable Garden An Hour Education Grant Fanatics Stock Prices Market Stock Stock Market Email Marketing Free merriam webster dictionary Stocks Trading Vegetable Garden An Hour
Holy cow... what browser are you using?

I'm no fan of google, for obvious reasons, but I think their browser, Google Chrome, is one of the best. My IT/Networking son said they told them that in school too. An adblocker is a simple adon and easy as pie to add.

I've been using Safari...but I have Chrome, too, so I may switch to Chrome when I come up here and see if it makes a difference.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning everyone, and welcome to Wednesday! Hump-Day!

Today's celebs no. 1 drinking coffee:

b01c8ba9eae4d27a617a3a08c64936fc.jpg

James Dean and Elizabeth Taylor, both very, very young.
They were working for George Stevens at the time. In Texas making Giant with Rock Hudson.

Yes, that would have been on the "Giant" set. They were both 22 at that time.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back