USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm using Chrome now, and it seems that some of the ads are gone, but it's still not like it used to be....:(

Yesterday was a good day. Whilst I was going through what had to be said during the morning cattle call in the yard, a huge roar erupted in the cabin opposite me where the boys have coffee before they're assigned their tasks for the day. I rushed in expecting to have to break-up a fight, only to see one of my scaffolders, Danny, being carried around the cabin. He'd just been notified of a new arrival, a baby girl. They put him down and I went up to congratulate him. He was clearly overcome by the news and in no state to be working, so I told him to report back next Monday. Then, after remembering that we're stretched as it is, I realised I was going to have to roll my sleeves up. No worries, though, as I'm powerfully built, and it was good to get some air under my tail instead of being stuck behind my desk. Bought the squad I went out with two roast chickens for lunch, which we picked clean. Anyway, there's a stack of 21ft steel standards that need shifting and the tablet's running out of juice.

Ciao for now.

th

:)

th

Have to pick up flowers and meet the family at Mom's grave today, for her Birthday.......

We took $200 of what Dad left and I put it in my savings account, so every year I buy the flowers and keep a log of it....Should be good for many more years....

Have to pick up flowers and meet the family at Mom's grave today, for her Birthday.......

We took $200 of what Dad left and I put it in my savings account, so every year I buy the flowers and keep a log of it....Should be good for many more years....

I've been telling people that when I pass and they get the urge to bring be flowers, to buy a bouquet and leave one on my grave, then take the rest to a nursing home and give them to an old lady who hasn't had a visitor in awhile. That way, maybe I can make some people happy even after I'm gone.

Good morning, all!
Rain yesterday, just a light sprinkle, not the gully-washer they had hoped for. Lots of smoke around still, too. Even though the fire jumped the river, they've gotten the fire contained enough (30%) that the evacuation order has apparently been cancelled and folks are going back to their homes. Cool and wet in the forecast for the weekend, so that will help.
Made mushroom soup this morning. While cleaning and chopping mushrooms, a sneaky black and white paw edged up over the counter and snagged a mushroom. After a thorough sniffing and a lick, said mushroom promptly became a great toy. Damned cat!
I've been busy prepping my trailer to come out of the garage today. Then I'll get the "porch" set up and the kitties will be able to come lounge outside.

I've been telling people that when I pass and they get the urge to bring be flowers, to buy a bouquet and leave one on my grave, then take the rest to a nursing home and give them to an old lady who hasn't had a visitor in awhile. That way, maybe I can make some people happy even after I'm gone.

when i go i want my ashes spread and turned into the garden so i become part of the soil and help fertilize future generations of flowers and plants

when i go i want my ashes spread and turned into the garden so i become part of the soil and help fertilize future generations of flowers and plants

If I go first, I want my ashes mixed paint and paint my husbands room :badgrin:

I believe that a ham and cheese sammich might be in order. What to wash it down with still has me puzzled. I'm thinking iced tea, Pepsi, water, coffee or maybe a beer. Too many decisions.

I believe that a ham and cheese sammich might be in order. What to wash it down with still has me puzzled. I'm thinking iced tea, Pepsi, water, coffee or maybe a beer. Too many decisions.

I've been thinking about those four left over brats in beer and onions I have in the fridge. I think I'm going to heat me those up, and wash them down with a cold Pabst.

Thanks and a Momma Fox ((hug)) to Pacer who has been working further on the Coffee Shop mascot to make it generic, and to Derideo_Te who kindly recoded my sig line that I had screwed up beyond all recognition. May they both live long and prosper!!!!

I've been thinking about those four left over brats in beer and onions I have in the fridge. I think I'm going to heat me those up, and wash them down with a cold Pabst.

We had BL's for lunch because I didn't have any T's. But they were pretty good. :)

Tracy told me, in her own round about way, that I am not to come to class, even to watch. I have to stay home and keep warm and not go out in the cold. I have to miss a week of class even if it kills me, and come back next week.

I figure I will listen to the tough love she's dished out rather than my mums, lol. She cares about me.

I'm actually in masses of pain right now. I have zero strong painkillers left and I am really struggling with the pain. Have to wait several hours before I can take something stronger. Mum says she has something I can have but I have to wait until the last lot of painkillers wear off. Grr...

That is total BS, Noomi! You don't have to wait until the "last lot of painkillers wear off". You manage pain by being pro active about taking pain killers. When I was having gout attacks and I was using some serious pain killers my doctor told me to ignore the labels that said only take every 8 hours. Instead he said to take them whenever I could feel the pain building up again. As the pain started to recede so did my use of pain killers. Doing it that way always resulted in there being pain killers left over. I never became addicted either. It was simply a matter of responding to what my body needed. Yes, there are people with addictive personalities who are susceptible to addiction but anyone with the kind of self discipline that you have is more than capable of self medicating for the pain.

Might as well, before someone else gets the same notion.....:D

Forum List

Back