USMB Coffee Shop IV

Has anybody else beside me been having trouble with the site? If I use the quote function I have to re-log in, often I have to re-log in if I try to post something. Sometimes if I go to the "new posts" section I have to re-log in and in most cases when I do that I am stuck in some sort of cycle where I have to keep trying to log in. Gremlins?

I just have that video going off at the bottom of some of the pages. It happens all the time and really slows down typing in the quote boxes, moving around the site becomes slower generally and there is no way to turn the silly thing off.

Has anybody else beside me been having trouble with the site? If I use the quote function I have to re-log in, often I have to re-log in if I try to post something. Sometimes if I go to the "new posts" section I have to re-log in and in most cases when I do that I am stuck in some sort of cycle where I have to keep trying to log in. Gremlins?

I'm not having that kind of trouble.
I have been kicked off a couple of times.
Sometimes I get games that pop up and then kick me off.

Games like "Spin the Bottle"?
My Adblocker adon is blocking NINE ads on here, and my Do Not Track Me is blocking SIX attempts to trace my computer.

I'm afraid the people that own this board are doing their best to turn this into a cash cow, and the board functionality is secondary.

I just have that video going off at the bottom of some of the pages. It happens all the time and really slows down typing in the quote boxes, moving around the site becomes slower generally and there is no way to turn the silly thing off.

Ya there is, Google Chrome browser with Adblocker.

My Adblocker adon is blocking NINE ads on here, and my Do Not Track Me is blocking SIX attempts to trace my computer.

I'm afraid the people that own this board are doing their best to turn this into a cash cow, and the board functionality is secondary.

That's exactly what's happening.

Everyone is getting some rain...that's wonderful. We got 3 inches yesterday and some more today. The sun is trying really hard to come out....but the clouds won't let it...:D
I don't mind the rain, not at all. It's great for the vegetable garden. Nothing beats having a garden salad with fresh vegetables when having a cookout.

From the looks of my garden where I gave up on some things last year, I may never need to buy a carrot again :woohoo:

And a few other things...

Ahhh, I gave up on carrots, for some reason they just didn't do right by me. Now tomatoes, my plants are overflowing. I've made "fried green tomatoes" twice and am looking forward to a tomato sandwich as soon as a couple of my tomatoes turn red.

And, I love carrots....I can eat them raw, cooked, caramelized, you name it, I like 'em.

No, not really... Ben Stiller.

I do not believe I would enjoy the remake. Somehow, I like the first version of the movies I see, even if they aren't the first version of the movie.
I tend to like the version that comes out on bluray, in 1080p, with DD Master HD Theater Surround sound... :D

I even like bad movies. Sometimes the bad is so funny :lol:

I am an absolutely avid movie fan fanatic but it has to be a certain kind of movie. Necessary and/or effective sex, violence, language etc. is okay, but gratuitous sex, violence, and language etc. is a huge turn off for me. But the one genre I love most of all is natural disaster movies--floods, avalanches, volcanoes, earthquakes, meteor threats, etc.-- and that genre is the largest group in my private collection.

One of my favorites is "Tornado Warning" Even the excellent cast of Gerald McRaney, Thea Gill, David Millbern, and Joan Van Ark couldn't salvage what is wrong with this definitely sub par B movie. But there is just something about it that is compelling. Even Hombre, who mostly doesn't like this particular genre, watched it with me one night and commented: "It is so hokey it is interesting. . . ." That about sums it up. But I love the movie anyway. :)
I guess I'd have to say I like the scifi the best, like all the Star Wars, Harry Potter, Avatar... along that line. OH... can't forget a good a western. I love those too. There just isn't that many nowadays. There is that movie with Liam Neelson coming out soon, 'A Million Ways To Die In The West'.... I'll have to see that...

I'm gonna go see that movie as soon as it comes out....I really liked Liam Neeson in action movies. I saw "Taken" and he was so good in it. He's like a new Harrison Ford....

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone is getting some rain...that's wonderful. We got 3 inches yesterday and some more today. The sun is trying really hard to come out....but the clouds won't let it...:D
I don't mind the rain, not at all. It's great for the vegetable garden. Nothing beats having a garden salad with fresh vegetables when having a cookout.

From the looks of my garden where I gave up on some things last year, I may never need to buy a carrot again :woohoo:

Carrots are great when making a nice stew. However when having a cookout, I find that you can't get any better than a good garden salad. I pick fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and habanero peppers from my vegetable garden. Goes great with either a rib eye or tenderloin steak. :D

I kept getting fake flash player update requests. After some investigation, I determined that ads from USMB were the culprit. I installed adfender, and no more problems. I also noticed that USMB is much faster now.

Carrots are great when making a nice stew. However when having a cookout, I find that you can't get any better than a good garden salad. I pick fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and habanero peppers from my vegetable garden. Goes great with either a rib eye or tenderloin steak. :D

...speaking of which, I've been thinking of making a carrot stew. They're one of the few foods I can eat without developing a painful rash. For the longest time I never cared for raw veggies, but aluminum foil and the oven changed all of that. Have you ever taken fresh button mushrooms, stuffed them into a bowl lined with aluminum foil, pour on some pure canola oil, dash'em with a little bit of salt and pepper, and then wrap it all up and bake it for an hour? My friend, I used to hate mushrooms, but this was simply glorious. Did you know that a very rich au-jus-like liquid is made from the roasting? Something in the mushrooms leaches out and blends somewhat with the oil, and becomes very rich and satisfying. It's be perfect serving those mushrooms with a juicy steak and potato fries.

Now I just wanna experiment. Try it with brussels sprouts instead, or take a whole tomato and roast with spices, or stuff a green bell pepper! :D

Last edited:

I like brats and potato salad, hamburgers and macaroni salad, stuff like that for a cookout. Oh and baked beans.

...speaking of which, I've been thinking of making a carrot stew. They're one of the few foods I can eat without developing a painful rash. For the longest time I never cared for raw veggies, but aluminum foil and the oven changed all of that. Have you ever taken fresh button mushrooms, stuffed them into a bowl lined with aluminum foil, pour on some pure canola oil, dash'em with a little bit of salt and pepper, and then wrap it all up and bake it for an hour? My friend, I used to hate mushrooms, but this was simply glorious. Did you know that a very rich au-jus-like liquid is made from the roasting? Something in the mushrooms leaches out and blends somewhat with the oil, and becomes very rich and satisfying. It's be perfect serving those mushrooms with a juicy steak and potato fries.

Now I just wanna experiment. Try is with brussels sprouts instead, or take a whole tomato and roast with spices, or stuff a green bell pepper! :D
Never had mushrooms prepared that way, but I'm tempted to try them now that you brought it up, they do sound appetizing. I usually only have mushrooms on my pizza or as a side when having steak.

I like brats and potato salad, hamburgers and macaroni salad, stuff like that for a cookout. Oh and baked beans.
Sounds real good. I only had two carne asada burritos for supper, and all that mention of mouth watering food is pure torture.

No, not really... Ben Stiller.

I do not believe I would enjoy the remake. Somehow, I like the first version of the movies I see, even if they aren't the first version of the movie.
I tend to like the version that comes out on bluray, in 1080p, with DD Master HD Theater Surround sound... :D

I even like bad movies. Sometimes the bad is so funny :lol:

I am an absolutely avid movie fan fanatic but it has to be a certain kind of movie. Necessary and/or effective sex, violence, language etc. is okay, but gratuitous sex, violence, and language etc. is a huge turn off for me. But the one genre I love most of all is natural disaster movies--floods, avalanches, volcanoes, earthquakes, meteor threats, etc.-- and that genre is the largest group in my private collection.

One of my favorites is "Tornado Warning" Even the excellent cast of Gerald McRaney, Thea Gill, David Millbern, and Joan Van Ark couldn't salvage what is wrong with this definitely sub par B movie. But there is just something about it that is compelling. Even Hombre, who mostly doesn't like this particular genre, watched it with me one night and commented: "It is so hokey it is interesting. . . ." That about sums it up. But I love the movie anyway. :)
I guess I'd have to say I like the scifi the best, like all the Star Wars, Harry Potter, Avatar... along that line. OH... can't forget a good a western. I love those too. There just isn't that many nowadays. There is that movie with Liam Neelson coming out soon, 'A Million Ways To Die In The West'.... I'll have to see that...

Thanks 007
It looks like a great movie. Me and Hubby are going to go see it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you hear this one?

A chimp, a gopher, a duck and a Rabbi walk into a bar...

You would think one of them would have opened their eyes............

and, uhhm.......

DpaELqpwYE-6.png

That is absolutely, the quintessential grilling out food. Maybe throw in some chips and dip/salsa... :eusa_drool:

That is absolutely, the quintessential grilling out food. Maybe throw in some chips and dip/salsa... :eusa_drool:

Throw in a nice cold lemon ice tea and I'm a happy girl. :)

I tried downloading Adblock and was ready to install it when I got a message saying that "free downloads are susceptible to malware" and if "I still wanted to continue" - I chickened out, and I still have my phrases being turned into links and all these links appear at the bottom of each page....very annoying and I think you're right.

These..........
down_arrow.png
down_arrow.png
down_arrow.png

Free merriam webster dictionary Stocks Trading Vegetable Garden An Hour Education Grant Fanatics Stock Prices Market Stock Stock Market Email Marketing Free merriam webster dictionary Stocks Trading Vegetable Garden An Hour

Forum List

Back