USMB Coffee Shop IV

Miracle whip in tuna for sammiches are to die for. YUM. Miracle whip spread on bread with the cheese and grilled is AWESOME. Mayo on everything else, lol.

Meanwhile..Karma has an owie. Not sure what it is. I wonder why probs with dogs ALWAYS happen on weekends when nothing is open except ER and the cost is horrible? Oy. Anyway..I googled her symptoms and I think she pulled a muscle playing with the hose today. I am alotted 15 minutes on Saturdays and Tuesdays to water my plants..so today I decided to water Karma AND the plants in that time frame. As usual, she hopped and jumped and had a blast and got thoroughly wet...but soon after, she started acting weird. She began to whine in pain...and stretching. Stretch, whine, stretch, whine, pant, whine, stretch whine, pace, whine. Freaked me out. So I googled and everything I found was "upset tummy". So I took her for a walk about an hour after it started and she pooped ok, so it was not her tummy I think. I believe during one of her jumps, she twisted her back or something. She is still stretching and kinda quiet, but at least she is not whining now. If it continues by monday, off to the vet we go. If it gets worse, off to the ER we go.

Send good vibes for Karma, please, that it is nothing serious. I lost Gracie and Pretties..I can't lose Karma yet. Not now. Not yet.

Albuquerque is an ideal setting for ballooning because of what we call 'the box" or the prevailing winds that are very common in the basin of the Rio Grande Valley where the balloon park sits. If the balloons ascend to one level they can count on going one direction; at another elevation they will go another, so it is relatively certain that they can find a wind that will take them where they want to go. Some days they will ascend and make three right or left turns that brings them right back over the balloon field where they can land.

If the box isn't working the wind carries them south though, they have to think fast because it is highly illegal and can result in a huge fine if they wander into the air space for either the Albuquerque International Sunport (airport) or Kirtland AFB air space that pretty well extend all the way across south Albuquerque. So if the prevailing winds insist on carrying the balloons south and they can't maneuver out of it, this can happen and did this week :)

1383074_10152488440408386_588616813344801290_n.jpg
Holy cow Foxy, what an incredible pic...

Almost done... final assembly on the drivers side only to discover I still need the upper ball joint. Must have ripped the grease boot on the other one and had to toss it, because otherwise it was new. Don't really recall since this has been a two year project. But the upgrades and new parts list as long as your arm. I can't wait until I can set this on the ground and get it in the alignment shop. It's better than new. All that red stuff is polyurethane, a serious upgrade from stock rubber...

20141012_005517_zps1f1e5ffd.jpg

Passenger side is done on the ground... long time comin'...

20141012_010405_zpsf707d990.jpg

Still needs shocks, they're on order, 6" over Superlift double piston nitrogen filled. Nothing too extreme, just cherryin' out. What the 1980 Chevy Silverado gets will be far more extreme, it's a 3/4 ton.

Last edited:
Same ol shit today. Watered the yard, freaked about Karma hurting herself, watched the rest of Orange Is The New Black on netflix and was sad that it ended until next season cuz I will miss them and now I'm just hanging out here and at Twitter until bedtime. Overall...it was a peaceful day so I am good. Thanks hon!

Same ol shit today. Watered the yard, freaked about Karma hurting herself, watched the rest of Orange Is The New Black on netflix and was sad that it ended until next season cuz I will miss them and now I'm just hanging out here and at Twitter until bedtime. Overall...it was a peaceful day so I am good. Thanks hon!
I'm on twitter, Gracie... "Big Jake McBane".

I joined so I could bitch about Utopia. But then I stopped watching it and now just check in to tweeters to see what is going on with that trainwreck of a show. I find LOTS of cool pics for my pinterest though. And I follow Cute Emergency..which is great animal pics. :)

Albuquerque is an ideal setting for ballooning because of what we call 'the box" or the prevailing winds that are very common in the basin of the Rio Grande Valley where the balloon park sits. If the balloons ascend to one level they can count on going one direction; at another elevation they will go another, so it is relatively certain that they can find a wind that will take them where they want to go. Some days they will ascend and make three right or left turns that brings them right back over the balloon field where they can land.

If the box isn't working the wind carries them south though, they have to think fast because it is highly illegal and can result in a huge fine if they wander into the air space for either the Albuquerque International Sunport (airport) or Kirtland AFB air space that pretty well extend all the way across south Albuquerque. So if the prevailing winds insist on carrying the balloons south and they can't maneuver out of it, this can happen and did this week :)

1383074_10152488440408386_588616813344801290_n.jpg
Wow! It would be so fun watching them take off!

Miracle whip in tuna for sammiches are to die for. YUM. Miracle whip spread on bread with the cheese and grilled is AWESOME. Mayo on everything else, lol.
Morning, Gracie. I cannot stand Miracle Whip but do like Mayonnaise.

First real day or two of autumn, might make it to 60, bit of a rain, some windy.

The leaves are falling for sure.

Forum List

Back