USMB Coffee Shop IV

:D

1551551_413570902107831_1328647368_n.jpg

...and just what exactly would you like to argue about?

Miracle Whip is superior to mayonnaise.:thup:

As much as I'd LIKE to disagree, I cannot. Indeed Miracle Whip is superior.

Good Morning!
Happy Birthday, Gracie! S, you gonna collect your SS now?
"Noomi's Homies, girl gang extraordinaire, ride again.
007, that truck looks lke a true labor of love.
Best mayonnaise ever, homemade. If you all haven't had freshly made mayo, you have missed a tasty treat.

Warm here, high 30s to low 40s. Lots of rain and snow at higher elevations. I brought the Corvette back to town for the winter. I'm just not comfortable driving that car, I like my pickup better, or the Jeep, which needed work on the clutch.

My daughter reminded me yesterday that she'll be 33 the end of this month. That makes me feel. . .well seasoned.

Albuquerque is an ideal setting for ballooning because of what we call 'the box" or the prevailing winds that are very common in the basin of the Rio Grande Valley where the balloon park sits. If the balloons ascend to one level they can count on going one direction; at another elevation they will go another, so it is relatively certain that they can find a wind that will take them where they want to go. Some days they will ascend and make three right or left turns that brings them right back over the balloon field where they can land.

If the box isn't working the wind carries them south though, they have to think fast because it is highly illegal and can result in a huge fine if they wander into the air space for either the Albuquerque International Sunport (airport) or Kirtland AFB air space that pretty well extend all the way across south Albuquerque. So if the prevailing winds insist on carrying the balloons south and they can't maneuver out of it, this can happen and did this week :)

1383074_10152488440408386_588616813344801290_n.jpg
Holy cow Foxy, what an incredible pic...

I didn't take it. It was taken by a local news reporter, but I love it. Pretty funny really, but it does demonstrate the amazing skill these balloon pilots have.

Lumpy and I were having a discussion about finding old threads in the Announcements/Feedback forum and that caused me to check the date I joined USMB. It was October 11, 2007 which was exactly seven years ago today. Time does fly.
Happy anniversary!

82 and mostly clear in Foley this morning. We should top out about 84.

I have a running joke with one of my dealers at the poker tournaments at Doc's. He just can't hit a pocket pair.
Now, the odds are about 1:7 for hitting any pair on the flop, but Ryan has been at more like 1:20. It's been frustrating, to say the least.
Fast forward to last night. In 2 tournaments, he hit 8 of 8 pocket pair and I won 7 of those hands.
The one I didn't play was pocket 6's. Another player with pocket kings raised BIG and I didn't figure the risk was worth the reward.
the flop was Q 6 A giving the one player who called 2 pair and me with no cards, 3 6's. The turn card? Yup a 6. No guts, no glory.

I did win a piece of first place in the first tournament and lost the second. I made a $60. There is a game this afternoon, but I need a day off.

I have been unwillingly selected to be President of the "Dudes who get ripped out bed because their dogs puke in the middle of the night" club.

Ugh.

She is at least 16 1/2 years old and the next wave of sickness has started.

Anyone else want to take over this important position?
I have a 15 year old. He's not quite there yet, but he is getting cantankerous. He spent his afternoon locked up in his crate after an argument with the pup and the middle dog.
The wife got all scratched up from his newly trimmed claws while trying to break it up.She did have the presence of mind to wash up and put on a very high end antibiotic cream. The stuff is $70/oz. I have it because I may not survive the next major infection with all the antibiotics I've consumed.

Thank you 007! I seriously FORGOT! Meh. Birthdays are for young'uns anyway. :)
I blow right past my birthdays like it's just another day too. I've never had a "birthday party" in my life. I might have one when I turn 60, just to say I've had one.

I hope you had a good day though, Gracie.
Birthday parties are inevitable in my business. Anything to get people in the door My 64th was my favorite though. We did it based on the Beatles song "When I'm 64"
hippy_sm.jpg

007, that truck looks lke a true labor of love.
It DEFINITELY is at that, bro. The work I've done isn't for the faint at heart, or the shade tree mechanic. It's been a major job. I've probably got somewhere between $17K and $18K in the truck as it sits. What can I say... wrenching truly is my passion. I love to work on the hotrods.

Back from early church service and brunch. The balloons couldn't fly today, the last day of the Fiesta--too much wind--so we assumed everybody was on the road home and risked going out for brunch. And sure enough we got a table right away. Beautiful day but breezy with high wind advisories out for later this afternoon. But otherwise life is good and the football games are on.

Oh, and before I forget:

gracie.jpg

Last edited:
Lumpy and I were having a discussion about finding old threads in the Announcements/Feedback forum and that caused me to check the date I joined USMB. It was October 11, 2007 which was exactly seven years ago today. Time does fly.
Happy anniversary!

82 and mostly clear in Foley this morning. We should top out about 84.

I have a running joke with one of my dealers at the poker tournaments at Doc's. He just can't hit a pocket pair.
Now, the odds are about 1:7 for hitting any pair on the flop, but Ryan has been at more like 1:20. It's been frustrating, to say the least.
Fast forward to last night. In 2 tournaments, he hit 8 of 8 pocket pair and I won 7 of those hands.
The one I didn't play was pocket 6's. Another player with pocket kings raised BIG and I didn't figure the risk was worth the reward.
the flop was Q 6 A giving the one player who called 2 pair and me with no cards, 3 6's. The turn card? Yup a 6. No guts, no glory.

I did win a piece of first place in the first tournament and lost the second. I made a $60. There is a game this afternoon, but I need a day off.
I know I've asked before but is there an English translation available for this?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back