USMB Coffee Shop IV

It was nice, mid 70s with a light breeze...... Now the front is moving in, dropped 10 degrees in about 5 minutes, windy and the t-storms are approaching rapidly......

Just heard a rumble of thunder and the temp just dropped another 8 degrees in a couple of minutes.
You are getting what we had early last night in SLC
Probably, haven't been paying that close of attention to the weather but it is coming from the northwest.
Just looked at region wide Doppler, looks like Foxy's getting some also.

Nope. Sunny and pretty clear here--most of any activity is north and east and unlikely to come our way. Very windy though. We are under high wind warnings now until late tonight.
How 'bout them Packers? ... :D

17 to 10 over the Dolphins so far.
Tied up... :eusa_doh:
Holy CRAP that was a good game. The Pack pulls it out in a SQUEAKER in the LAST 3 SECONDS!

27 to 24, Packers... :dance:

Good thing the line was only 1.5 today huh. So I score a win in pick-ems, but that was a squeaker. Could have gone either way.

Holy CRAP that was a good game. The Pack pulls it out in a SQUEAKER in the LAST 3 SECONDS!

Sucks if you're a finfan like me. I'm also a Browns fan tho.

Believeland.png

Wow, I missed a lot here today.

Happy Birthday Gracie.

Loved the truck pictures and the balloon pictures and the Colorado pictures, thank you.

Busy day here, I mowed two lawns on the morning. At my second stop I was invited inside and asked to review a letter. It stated driving priviledges had been revoked for my 85 year old customer and former neighbor when I was growing up. His wife has vision issues, so it is tough. His medical reason is memory related. We had a talk for about an hour and I tried to empathize and stress the social aspects of having friends drive them around. Hope it helped.

Then it was home for a late lunch and doing some dishes. Mrs. Liberty had to work today and she gets pretty tired out, so I loaded it up and ran it. Checked an on line auction for some landscape supplies and bid on a few lots. Afterwards it was off to weed and prep for another project.

Got home an hour before Mrs. Liberty, took a shower and ran to the grocery store for meatballs, spaghetti and sangria. Put together dinner and it went over well.

Happy Birthday Gracie.

Loved the truck pictures and the balloon pictures and the Colorado pictures, thank you.

Busy day here, I mowed two lawns on the morning. At my second stop I was invited inside and asked to review a letter. It stated driving priviledges had been revoked for my 85 year old customer and former neighbor when I was growing up. His wife has vision issues, so it is tough. His medical reason is memory related. We had a talk for about an hour and I tried to empathize and stress the social aspects of having friends drive them around. Hope it helped.

Then it was home for a late lunch and doing some dishes. Mrs. Liberty had to work today and she gets pretty tired out, so I loaded it up and ran it. Checked an on line auction for some landscape supplies and bid on a few lots. Afterwards it was off to weed and prep for another project.

Got home an hour before Mrs. Liberty, took a shower and ran to the grocery store for meatballs, spaghetti and sangria. Put together dinner and it went over well.

Wow, Mrs. Liberty has a keeper.:thup:

007, that truck looks lke a true labor of love.
It DEFINITELY is at that, bro. The work I've done isn't for the faint at heart, or the shade tree mechanic. It's been a major job. I've probably got somewhere between $17K and $18K in the truck as it sits. What can I say... wrenching truly is my passion. I love to work on the hotrods.
I hope some day to have the time to work on that 'Vette of mine. It runs great, just needs some TLC in other areas. Fortunately, I'm a fair hand at fiberglass and gelcoat work. The upholstery could use a bit of help, too, another strong point for me. Between the partner and I, we maintain a 1980 Chevy PU, a 1987 Jeep Cherokee, that Corvette, and his 1997 Dodge PU in decent running condition. I really do no want the partner messing with the 2012 Dodge, though. Too many electronic gadgets, and he's not good with electronics. Shame is, the same technology used by automotive technicians to "diagnose" problems with our vehicles comes across in clear text on the airplanes I work on. Computer tells you straight up what the problem is, no special equipment needed.
Still, that is one suuweet looking ride you've got there!

View attachment 32801
I'm a Steelers fan :(

We did a puzzle during the game though. It was fun, we stared it yesterday. Sometimes you forget how much fun the simple things in life can be.

It was nice, mid 70s with a light breeze...... Now the front is moving in, dropped 10 degrees in about 5 minutes, windy and the t-storms are approaching rapidly......

Just heard a rumble of thunder and the temp just dropped another 8 degrees in a couple of minutes.
You are getting what we had early last night in SLC
Probably, haven't been paying that close of attention to the weather but it is coming from the northwest.
Just looked at region wide Doppler, looks like Foxy's getting some also.

Nope. Sunny and pretty clear here--most of any activity is north and east and unlikely to come our way. Very windy though. We are under high wind warnings now until late tonight.

We often have the same phenomenon you are describing though....because of Albuquerque sitting inside a large bowl/basin so that you have to go up in all directions to drive out of here, plus the Sandias create weird winds as approaching lows pull the air over them, any moisture bearing clouds, especially snow clouds, are often torn up as they approach the city. So there can be weather all around us when it is mild and sunny here in the city.
I remember my first time into Albuquerque. It was back in August, 1975 and I had left Needles, CA very early that morning. I was on my Honda 350 (the insane things we do when we are young). I arrived after dark and as I crested the ridge, there was A-que, splashed across the bowl in the mountains. What a sight!

Happy Birthday Gracie.

Yes, the question is where...

..and for how long?

Happy Birthday Gracie.

Yes, the question is where...

..and for how long?

On a leash...until she feels like letting you run around the yard.:D

View attachment 32801
I'm a Steelers fan :(

We did a puzzle during the game though. It was fun, we stared it yesterday. Sometimes you forget how much fun the simple things in life can be.

Jigsaw puzzle? One summer in Pittsburg KS, we had a whole summer full of serious storms. So every night as the thunder and lightning started and we were put under a tornado watch, we would put the kids to bed on bunkbeds in the basement and Hombre and I would be in another part of the basement working jigsaw puzzles, listening to baseball games and the warnings for this place or that place on the radio, tracking the storms on a big Kansas/Oklahoma map on the wall. We didn't tear down the puzzles when completed but mounted them on cardboard and hung them on the wall. When we moved out of that house that next Christmas, we had the entire walls of the basement room covered in jigsaw puzzles. :)

Lumpy and I were having a discussion about finding old threads in the Announcements/Feedback forum and that caused me to check the date I joined USMB. It was October 11, 2007 which was exactly seven years ago today. Time does fly.
Happy anniversary!

82 and mostly clear in Foley this morning. We should top out about 84.

I have a running joke with one of my dealers at the poker tournaments at Doc's. He just can't hit a pocket pair.
Now, the odds are about 1:7 for hitting any pair on the flop, but Ryan has been at more like 1:20. It's been frustrating, to say the least.
Fast forward to last night. In 2 tournaments, he hit 8 of 8 pocket pair and I won 7 of those hands.
The one I didn't play was pocket 6's. Another player with pocket kings raised BIG and I didn't figure the risk was worth the reward.
the flop was Q 6 A giving the one player who called 2 pair and me with no cards, 3 6's. The turn card? Yup a 6. No guts, no glory.

I did win a piece of first place in the first tournament and lost the second. I made a $60. There is a game this afternoon, but I need a day off.
I know I've asked before but is there an English translation available for this?
We play Texas Hold 'em poker. The dealer gives each player 2 cards face down and there's a round of betting. The dealer then burns one card and turns up 3 more that are community cards. These 3 are called "the flop" There is another round of betting followed by another burn card and 1 more card face up called "the turn". Another round of betting takes place followed another burn and the last community card called "the river". Final bets are made and survivors show their cards. The best 5 card hand using the 5 everyone has plus your 2 "hole cards" wins.
There is no betting limit and at any time you can bet none or all of your chips.

4 of a kind is virtually unbeatable though 4 cards of a different denomination or a straight flush are both remotely possible. For example, the chance of getting beaten while holding 4 6's are a bit less that 1 in 100,000. (actually 9.34 in one million)

Depending on the amount of money paid in, the pots at Doc's range from $300 to $600.
A player will buy his initial stack of $4,000 worth of chips for $20. If he runs out of chips before a certain point, he can buy one more stack for another $20.
If we have 22 people, (average for Monday nights)the total pot would average $560 which would pay $280 for first place, 140 for second $70 for third, $50 for fourth and the last $20 for fifth. Generally, last paid place will get back his initial buy in.

Most of us are friends that play together often. When you get down to 3 players left, it can get very brutal with a chip leader able to chase out all but the strongest hands. We don't usually play out to the bitter end unless there is a pissing contest going on. At 3 players in a $560 pot we'll have $490 in the pot and we'll generally split it evenly with maybe a $20 or $30 advantage to a clear chip leader.

I hope this goes a long ways toward translating the pokerese.

Forum List

Back