USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !

happy-columbus-day-4.jpg

Morning !

happy-columbus-day-4.jpg
Ya... I was going to go to Truax Field in Madison today and take a friend, and we were both going to get our service connected disabled veteran ID cards, and then do a little shopping at the BX and commissary... but NO, it's a HOLIDAY... the base is CLOSED... :uhh:

So my Ma sends me this picture in an email... and... well, tell me what you see...

ImageProxy_zps06b86106.jpg
Very cool and beautiful. Wanted to see it before reading poster's comments. I love artistic delusions and own one I was offered $600.00 for, in 2001. The frame on it is worth more than that. It is an image of a skull, or a nude lady in a bending position. From her hair style, it is a Victorian painting. I checked out the artist ( Italian ) years ago and he is noted for these type paintings. Very engaging to see two separate images in one.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good morning all? Remember those chores I needed to get to on Friday and Saturday so I wouldn't have them all to do today? Well I'll be getting started on them shortly. But otherwise life is good--chilly but sunny and clear this morning. The high winds of yesterday seem to have passed but we're looking at tornadoes in Arkansas where our daughter overnighted last night and she's coming through Oklahoma now where other heavy storms are passing through. You never get to the point you don't worry about your kids. :)

Well, here it is Monday again. Seems like here lately it's been coming around about once a week.
Monday... meh nothing to it. It's just like any other day for me. My work week is Friday through Wednesday. I really try not to set foot in Doc's on Thursday, but often, I fall short of that goal.

90% cloud cover with gusts to 15 MPH or better. The weather man says to expect about 2.5" of rain today with possibly a few twisters.

Poker tonight. I'll set up all 3 tables expecting 24 players.

The adventure of my kid's braces ended well on Sunday.

My little one now has double corrective braces.

The braces on the bottom teeth are worn only about 16 hours a day and are generally off from 07:30-15:30 every day, including weekends. She can just pop them in and out. LOL.

But the braces on the top are fix and use a bar system to be expanded every day.

It's a system of three bars, all very close to each other, that run like a plate from the left side of her upper teeth to the right. The middle bar has four pin-sized holes that are drilled through the bar on a roughly 20 degree slant down and to the left. Four holes means 8 openings. So, when you look at the bar, you see one hole pretty close to the top (if you have good eyes, good lighting, lots of patience and a well-behaved kid). You first use a small tool that looks similar to the tools that dentist assistents use to scrape your teeth to stick into the hole and und pull it to the top of the bar as much as possible. Then, at the bottom of the bar, unseen, is the other end of another hole, which you then must find with the same tool, pop the tool into the hole, twist and gently rotate upward. So, the hole you saw before now disappears and the hole you pulled up becomes the visible hole, and so forth and so on. That twisting and moving expands the bar just a wee bit, exerting pressure on the upper teeth/gums, for corrective purposes. This process would be reversed to shrink the braces instead of expand them.

On Saturday, I don't think I was ever so frustrated in my life with something as I was with adjusting my kid's braces. You have to exert some pressure to get the prong of the tool into the rod-hole and twice I missed and poked my daughter in the hard palate. She cried. My heart sank like a rock. And I had no success on Saturday.

But on Sunday, all of a sudden, I got the hang of it and it is now easy. Funny enough, the German way of saying, "I've got the hang of it" is "Jetzt habe ich den Dreh raus" (I've got the twist/turn to it right down pat now) - which is darned funny considering that is exactly what I have to do with my daughter's braces.

Damn, those things are built small!! Or are my eyes going bad??

:lol:

Last edited:
ne more (I sound like a Netflix salesperson, hee hee) The Big C. I loved Laura Linney in that series.

But it is interesting to me to hear what all ya'll think about this series or that series. Would you believe I have met a lot of the cast of "Breaking Bad" but have never watched a single episode? But everybody pretty well has me convinced that I should do that.
My sister gave me all six series of 'breaking bad' for my birthday, I was sceptical at first, but I was soon hooked.
I watched the last two series in two days because I could not wait to see what happened.

So tell me. I haven't ever watched on the theory there was a lot of violence and blood and gore and I try to avoid that as much as possible. If it is more intrigue and drama than violence though I'll watch.

Hi Foxfyre, 'breaking bad' is very intense drama, and it is sometimes funny. It has violence in it but it is a very compelling story line which will soon have you hooked. My sister does not like violent stuff but she was very keen on 'breaking bad' and she gave me the entire series when she had finished it. It comes highly recommended.

Went to bed around 1am, slept in till 9:30 this morning........ That's a rarity....... Heck I feel more tired when I've had a full nights sleep as opposed to my usual 6 hours. :dunno:

Got a big beef stew simmering on the stove... it smells just heavenly... can't wait to dish up a bowl... :eusa_drool:
Well, here it is Monday again. Seems like here lately it's been coming around about once a week.
Here I was all glad it was Monday, then come to find out nothing is open anyway because of Columbus Day.

My welding supply store is open. Can I interest you in a Lincoln or Miller welder?

Hey DS, good to see you again. Is this a new venture? First time business owner? Where is this store?

Here I was all glad it was Monday, then come to find out nothing is open anyway because of Columbus Day.

My welding supply store is open. Can I interest you in a Lincoln or Miller welder?
Had a Millermatic 140 auto. Now I have a Lincoln C140 so, I'm good.

Might be interested in a plasma cutter someday, and/or a TIG.

Lincoln just came out with a brand new, multi-process machine. It's the Powermig 211. Can be picked up by one hand; dual voltage (120 or 240); a really cool digital display, set up screen; it will accommodate a spoolgun; and it can MIG, Stick, Tig, and Fluxcore weld. I ordered 6 right off of the bat because I know they'll sell like hotcakes.

If you go with a Plasma get a Hypertherm. Best on the market although Thermal Dynamics and Miller both have pretty decent machines.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Got a big beef stew simmering on the stove... it smells just heavenly... can't wait to dish up a bowl... :eusa_drool:

Hey DS, good to see you again. Is this a new venture? First time business owner? Where is this store?

Howdy. No ... I've been a slave to the industry for a little more than 20 years and have always helped make someone else rich. LOL I deal in the Denver Metro area in Colorado.

Lincoln just came out with a brand new, multi-process machine. It's the Powermig 211. Can be picked up by one hand; dual voltage (120 or 240); a really cool digital display, set up screen; it will accommodate a spoolgun; and it can MIG, Stick, Tig, and Fluxcore weld. I ordered 6 right off of the bat because I know they'll sell like hotcakes.

If you go with a Plasma get a Hypertherm. Best on the market although Thermal Dynamics and Miller both have pretty decent machines.
I get news letter emails from Miller and Lincoln. I saw that new machine, super sweet. That is something I might consider. There's times when I sure wish I had a stick machine, DC though. How much are they going for?

We had a Miller TIG at the prison I worked at and I loved it. You could either use it scratch and lift or pedal. Most of the time we had to use it portable so we did scratch and lift. Worked really nice on stainless.

I forget what kind of plasma we had. It was quite a large machine and red. Worked really nice, but that's all I remember about it.

Forum List

Back