USMB Coffee Shop IV

So my Ma sends me this picture in an email... and... well, tell me what you see...

ImageProxy_zps06b86106.jpg

Lumpy and I were having a discussion about finding old threads in the Announcements/Feedback forum and that caused me to check the date I joined USMB. It was October 11, 2007 which was exactly seven years ago today. Time does fly.
Happy anniversary!

82 and mostly clear in Foley this morning. We should top out about 84.

I have a running joke with one of my dealers at the poker tournaments at Doc's. He just can't hit a pocket pair.
Now, the odds are about 1:7 for hitting any pair on the flop, but Ryan has been at more like 1:20. It's been frustrating, to say the least.
Fast forward to last night. In 2 tournaments, he hit 8 of 8 pocket pair and I won 7 of those hands.
The one I didn't play was pocket 6's. Another player with pocket kings raised BIG and I didn't figure the risk was worth the reward.
the flop was Q 6 A giving the one player who called 2 pair and me with no cards, 3 6's. The turn card? Yup a 6. No guts, no glory.

I did win a piece of first place in the first tournament and lost the second. I made a $60. There is a game this afternoon, but I need a day off.
Is there an English translation available for this?

LOL. Apparently you don't play Texas Hold-em, the queen of all tournament poker games. :)
I don't play for money, the sharks can see me coming a mile away. Basically I suck at poker.
Monday and Wednesday at 6 PM and Saturday at 2. Don't be late and bring lots of money.

57 degrees, chilly wind, grey running skies, going to be in the low forties or high thirties tonight.
Sounds like home to me. That's how it's been here the past few days. Not my favorite weather, I'll grant.
I remember the first gray August in Fairbanks. It was chilly at nigh, and I think we had snow the first week. The river froze by the second half of October. Then it got cold. For five months.

The skunk was back last night. I was surprised how short they are, not so much I sprayed or anything. It could crawl under the railing which is about three or four inches tall. Also, it had to sort of hop up and down the stairs, because its legs are so short.

Took me a bit but I did find the painted lady. :)

Signing off early tonight folks because Hombre and I will be watching a long movie shortly and I will almost certainly go to sleep during it. Ya'll have a good evening, a good night's sleep, and we'll all be back for Columbus Day tomorrow.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay. (I have not included those I know have been posting elsewhere so I know they are okay.)

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Had a great girls night out last night - with the exception of one bloke, the partner of one of my friends. Went to a pub for a meal and then off to the cinema to see The Maze Runner, which was very enjoyable. Can't wait for the next installment, and apparently its a book series so I will have to get my hands on those as well!

Lumpy and I were having a discussion about finding old threads in the Announcements/Feedback forum and that caused me to check the date I joined USMB. It was October 11, 2007 which was exactly seven years ago today. Time does fly.
Happy anniversary!

82 and mostly clear in Foley this morning. We should top out about 84.

I have a running joke with one of my dealers at the poker tournaments at Doc's. He just can't hit a pocket pair.
Now, the odds are about 1:7 for hitting any pair on the flop, but Ryan has been at more like 1:20. It's been frustrating, to say the least.
Fast forward to last night. In 2 tournaments, he hit 8 of 8 pocket pair and I won 7 of those hands.
The one I didn't play was pocket 6's. Another player with pocket kings raised BIG and I didn't figure the risk was worth the reward.
the flop was Q 6 A giving the one player who called 2 pair and me with no cards, 3 6's. The turn card? Yup a 6. No guts, no glory.

I did win a piece of first place in the first tournament and lost the second. I made a $60. There is a game this afternoon, but I need a day off.
Is there an English translation available for this?

LOL. Apparently you don't play Texas Hold-em, the queen of all tournament poker games. :)
I don't play for money, the sharks can see me coming a mile away. Basically I suck at poker.
Monday and Wednesday at 6 PM and Saturday at 2. Don't be late and bring lots of money.
I'll empty out the monopoly money bin........ :eusa_whistle:

The start of a new Monday and week in the continuing drama of "All Of Our Board Lives." Have a good one.

Forum List

Back