USMB Coffee Shop IV

Woman-relaxing-with-wine-by-the-fire-alcohol-and-diarrhea-300x257.jpg

Well, here it is Monday again. Seems like here lately it's been coming around about once a week.
Here I was all glad it was Monday, then come to find out nothing is open anyway because of Columbus Day.

My welding supply store is open. Can I interest you in a Lincoln or Miller welder?
Had a Millermatic 140 auto. Now I have a Lincoln C140 so, I'm good.

Might be interested in a plasma cutter someday, and/or a TIG.

Lincoln just came out with a brand new, multi-process machine. It's the Powermig 211. Can be picked up by one hand; dual voltage (120 or 240); a really cool digital display, set up screen; it will accommodate a spoolgun; and it can MIG, Stick, Tig, and Fluxcore weld. I ordered 6 right off of the bat because I know they'll sell like hotcakes.

If you go with a Plasma get a Hypertherm. Best on the market although Thermal Dynamics and Miller both have pretty decent machines.
I get news letter emails from Miller and Lincoln. I saw that new machine, super sweet. That is something I might consider. There's times when I sure wish I had a stick machine, DC though. How much are they going for?

We had a Miller TIG at the prison I worked at and I loved it. You could either use it scratch and lift or pedal. Most of the time we had to use it portable so we did scratch and lift. Worked really nice on stainless.

I forget what kind of plasma we had. It was quite a large machine and red. Worked really nice, but that's all I remember about it.

What type of stick? An engine driven unit or a 220V electric type? AC/DC or straight DC? You've probably seen the old Lincoln "Tomb Stone," dome shaped machines. I haven't sold one of them in ages. Both Lincoln and Miller make some fairly small engine drives but I would say for just a standard duty, fabrication or repair unit the two most popular sellers are the Lincoln Rangers or the Miller Bobcats. But if you ever get into welding pipe then most companies won't let you on the job site without a straight, DC generator like the SAE 300 (our biggest selling DC stick welder). I'd have to look it up but I'm thinking the Rangers and Bobcats are a little more than $4000.00 or maybe as much as 4500.00 and the SAE 300 is around 14,000.00. The Tomb Stones (as we call them) are probably closer to $500.00 or so. I'm guessing because I'm not in from of my work computer.

A red plasma? Could have been the old Smith machine (no longer made) or it could have even been Lincoln's version. Likely the Smith. Smith Company is now owned by Miller. Miller still makes the Smith Oxy/Acetylene cutting outfits and regulators.

Just landed some much-needed part time work, helping little brother with his well site geology business. :thup:

Every little bit helps. :)
Yes'm.

With the kid in college, we're in combat mode around here. Cancelled Netflix, stopped the paper, and I'm moving my office to the house. On my to-do list... increase the deductibles on our auto policies, cancel one of my terms life insurance policies, drop myself from our newly-minted and ACA-compliant health policy (and pay the penalty), and sell of un-needed "stuff".

And I like it. Lean and mean, and livin' on beans. :thup:

Just finished the sixth in a book series which has been amazing. Six books by Michael Grant - Gone, Hunger, Lies, Plague, Fear and Light.
Been collecting these books ever since they came out. Had to wait a good year between each one, and that required a heck of a lot of patience.
They are a series of young adult novels, but really, really good. Think a better version of Lord Of The Flies, only there are more kids, and many of them have powers.

I closed the final book last night and felt a bit disappointed. I no longer have to wait another year for the next novel to be released. I have many other books to read, but its always sad when you finally end a series that you've followed diligently for 6 + years.

Anyone else know the feeling?

Wow Mr. H. Maybe with the extra income you won't have to scale back on the really important stuff. And yes, Noomi, I always felt regret when I finish something that I really really enjoyed doing and know that there won't be any more. So I'm off to bed and up early tomorrow a.m. Senior Saints luncheon day tomorrow and our daughter will arrive sometime in the afternoon.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Happy Tuesday to everyone. Today was the first really chilly morning in the Bonn/Köln area and it made for a great walk with the pooch, whose eyes seem to be getting worse and worse from day to day. But she is still happy to schmooze with her master on the couch and let someone scratch her behind the ears....

lol....

Here I was all glad it was Monday, then come to find out nothing is open anyway because of Columbus Day.

My welding supply store is open. Can I interest you in a Lincoln or Miller welder?

Lincoln just came out with a brand new, multi-process machine. It's the Powermig 211. Can be picked up by one hand; dual voltage (120 or 240); a really cool digital display, set up screen; it will accommodate a spoolgun; and it can MIG, Stick, Tig, and Fluxcore weld. I ordered 6 right off of the bat because I know they'll sell like hotcakes.

If you go with a Plasma get a Hypertherm. Best on the market although Thermal Dynamics and Miller both have pretty decent machines.
I get news letter emails from Miller and Lincoln. I saw that new machine, super sweet. That is something I might consider. There's times when I sure wish I had a stick machine, DC though. How much are they going for?

We had a Miller TIG at the prison I worked at and I loved it. You could either use it scratch and lift or pedal. Most of the time we had to use it portable so we did scratch and lift. Worked really nice on stainless.

I forget what kind of plasma we had. It was quite a large machine and red. Worked really nice, but that's all I remember about it.

What type of stick? An engine driven unit or a 220V electric type? AC/DC or straight DC? You've probably seen the old Lincoln "Tomb Stone," dome shaped machines. I haven't sold one of them in ages. Both Lincoln and Miller make some fairly small engine drives but I would say for just a standard duty, fabrication or repair unit the two most popular sellers are the Lincoln Rangers or the Miller Bobcats. But if you ever get into welding pipe then most companies won't let you on the job site without a straight, DC generator like the SAE 300 (our biggest selling DC stick welder). I'd have to look it up but I'm thinking the Rangers and Bobcats are a little more than $4000.00 or maybe as much as 4500.00 and the SAE 300 is around 14,000.00. The Tomb Stones (as we call them) are probably closer to $500.00 or so. I'm guessing because I'm not in from of my work computer.

A red plasma? Could have been the old Smith machine (no longer made) or it could have even been Lincoln's version. Likely the Smith. Smith Company is now owned by Miller. Miller still makes the Smith Oxy/Acetylene cutting outfits and regulators.
I figured I should have been more specific. I meant what are those new Powermig 211's going for. Sometimes I do some welding outside and it sure doesn't take much of a little breeze to blow the argon away from the weld, then all you've got is splatter as I'm sure you're well aware of, so, it would be nice to have a stick. I doubt I'd ever use AC, so if it was just DC, fine, but I could live with AC/DC. I just wouldn't use the AC. I see those Lincoln tombstones every once and awhile at auctions. Seems like they're all pretty old and beat up, and AC only. I bought my C140 Lincoln and my Smith torch at Badger Welding & Supply in Mineral Point, WI. Pretty sure I could pick up a more modern AC/DC tombstone there but, I'm also sure I could find one cheaper else where, like ebay. Didn't know Miller was making Smith.

I figured I should have been more specific. I meant what are those new Powermig 211's going for. Sometimes I do some welding outside and it sure doesn't take much of a little breeze to blow the argon away from the weld, then all you've got is splatter as I'm sure you're well aware of, so, it would be nice to have a stick. I doubt I'd ever use AC, so if it was just DC, fine, but I could live with AC/DC. I just wouldn't use the AC. I see those Lincoln tombstones every once and awhile at auctions. Seems like they're all pretty old and beat up, and AC only. I bought my C140 Lincoln and my Smith torch at Badger Welding & Supply in Mineral Point, WI. Pretty sure I could pick up a more modern AC/DC tombstone there but, I'm also sure I could find one cheaper else where, like ebay. Didn't know Miller was making Smith.

Howdy. The base model comes out of the box ready for MIG, Flux Core (one answer to the wind problem), and Stick. The Tig package is a different part number. The base package is just under a $1000.00.

This conversation about welders reminds me that the Coffee Shop offers a wealth of information from pretty knowledgeable folks. Maybe no doctors in the group, but we take enough medication to help there too. :)

This conversation about welders reminds me that the Coffee Shop offers a wealth of information from pretty knowledgeable folks. Maybe no doctors in the group, but we take enough medication to help there too. :)

Agreed. Plus I have a First Aid kit in my lunch room.

And some of us have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good morning everybody. Just finishing up on those chores I wanted to get done on Friday. Later will do a veggie casserole to take to the luncheon. Looking forward to daughter arriving this afternoon. A chilly 37 degrees at our house today but 70's are the forecasted highs all week. Looking at the radar there is no precipitation anywhere closer to us than Oregon and Missouri, both several states away. Sure looks like ya'll in the eastern Midwest and east are getting it though. Enjoy.

Don't know if I'm going to work today or not. Buddy called and I missed the call. Called back 5 minutes later, twice, no answer... [where's the emoticon that shrugs his shoulders?]

Good morning everybody. Just finishing up on those chores I wanted to get done on Friday. Later will do a veggie casserole to take to the luncheon. Looking forward to daughter arriving this afternoon. A chilly 37 degrees at our house today but 70's are the forecasted highs all week. Looking at the radar there is no precipitation anywhere closer to us than Oregon and Missouri, both several states away. Sure looks like ya'll in the eastern Midwest and east are getting it though. Enjoy.
Those storms that came through the other day mostly missed the house, went all around us and we were left with a light misting. Same here, woke up to the upper 30s with highs expected to be around 71, nice and sunny.
Have a great time with your daughter!

Forum List

Back