USMB Coffee Shop IV

ne more (I sound like a Netflix salesperson, hee hee) The Big C. I loved Laura Linney in that series.

But it is interesting to me to hear what all ya'll think about this series or that series. Would you believe I have met a lot of the cast of "Breaking Bad" but have never watched a single episode? But everybody pretty well has me convinced that I should do that.
My sister gave me all six series of 'breaking bad' for my birthday, I was sceptical at first, but I was soon hooked.
I watched the last two series in two days because I could not wait to see what happened.

Today one of the guys at work told me that he turned in his notice. He turned it in today. After his boss, I was the next person he told.
He's a flaming liberal and I'm a flaming conservative. Despite that, we've developed a good relationship over the past few years.
He's the same age as one of my daughter's. We're both socially/politically incorrect when dealing with each other. He calls me "Pappy", "old dude", "gramps" and other unacceptable names referencing my older age. I call him "junior", "kiddo", "son" and other unacceptable names referencing his younger age.
He's one of the best coworkers I've ever had the pleasure of mentoring in my working history. I'm going to miss him.
Tuesday, management approached my friend with a counter-offer to keep him. He turned them down.
Wednesday, they approached him with an even larger counter-offer to keep him and he turned them down again, he said it wasn't only about money.
Thursday, they approached him yet a third time, this time offering the same salary as Wednesday's offer and asking him what he wanted to work on. He told them he would stay if they put him on the same project I am on, which is the buyout/merger project to integrate the two companies financial systems (immediate need once the buyout/merger is approved), then merging other systems (IT, merchandising, logistics, distribution).
He is staying. :) I'm happy because I needed somebody of his caliber to help me with the financial systems integration.
Even though the buyout/merger still isn't approved by the FTC and SEC, there are certain financial system changes required on day one of us becoming a single company that we are already working on them in order to make sure that day one can be accomplished.

ne more (I sound like a Netflix salesperson, hee hee) The Big C. I loved Laura Linney in that series.

But it is interesting to me to hear what all ya'll think about this series or that series. Would you believe I have met a lot of the cast of "Breaking Bad" but have never watched a single episode? But everybody pretty well has me convinced that I should do that.
My sister gave me all six series of 'breaking bad' for my birthday, I was sceptical at first, but I was soon hooked.
I watched the last two series in two days because I could not wait to see what happened.

So tell me. I haven't ever watched on the theory there was a lot of violence and blood and gore and I try to avoid that as much as possible. If it is more intrigue and drama than violence though I'll watch.

Today one of the guys at work told me that he turned in his notice. He turned it in today. After his boss, I was the next person he told.
He's a flaming liberal and I'm a flaming conservative. Despite that, we've developed a good relationship over the past few years.
He's the same age as one of my daughter's. We're both socially/politically incorrect when dealing with each other. He calls me "Pappy", "old dude", "gramps" and other unacceptable names referencing my older age. I call him "junior", "kiddo", "son" and other unacceptable names referencing his younger age.
He's one of the best coworkers I've ever had the pleasure of mentoring in my working history. I'm going to miss him.
Tuesday, management approached my friend with a counter-offer to keep him. He turned them down.
Wednesday, they approached him with an even larger counter-offer to keep him and he turned them down again, he said it wasn't only about money.
Thursday, they approached him yet a third time, this time offering the same salary as Wednesday's offer and asking him what he wanted to work on. He told them he would stay if they put him on the same project I am on, which is the buyout/merger project to integrate the two companies financial systems (immediate need once the buyout/merger is approved), then merging other systems (IT, merchandising, logistics, distribution).
He is staying. :) I'm happy because I needed somebody of his caliber to help me with the financial systems integration.
Even though the buyout/merger still isn't approved by the FTC and SEC, there are certain financial system changes required on day one of us becoming a single company that we are already working on them in order to make sure that day one can be accomplished.

Still hoping all this will work out for you Alan. I have close friends and relatives who haven't fared well under these buy outs and merger kinds of deals and Hombre and I have had personal bad experiences with them, but I hope you are among the lucky ones that really benefit.

So its Saturday again and I want to goof off and play but have some chores that really really need to get done. What to do....what to do.....

Hope everybody else is having a good day and life is good.

So its Saturday again and I want to goof off and play but have some chores that really really need to get done. What to do....what to do.....

Goof off and play :)

I want to goof off and play, but it's Saturday and I have to open up the bar and have it set up for poker by 2, which means, I'm out of here in 15 minutes.
One more cup of coffee and I need to get dressed.

Still hoping all this will work out for you Alan. I have close friends and relatives who haven't fared well under these buy outs and merger kinds of deals and Hombre and I have had personal bad experiences with them, but I hope you are among the lucky ones that really benefit.
Ms Foxy, eventually all things will work out. I'm pretty confident that ultimately my current job will be eliminated by the buying company. I don't intend to be the last man standing. I just need to find the next company, the one that I can retire from.
My professional network is quite extensive.

It's official, we've moved to Oregon. I'm liking the weather but winter hasn't hit yet.

Whoa Lumpy, so good to see you. It has been awhile!!! Moved to Oregon huh? Do they have winter in Oregon? I always thought of it as cool and damp in the winter months but no real winter. But I've never been further north than California on the west coast either except for a brief landing in Seattle enroute to Alaska and we didn't get outside of the airport then. Oh and we did spend some time in Vancouver on the return trip. And quite a bit of time in Alaska. . . okay I've more experience than I thought but I really have no experience with Oregon or Washington State.
What a cutie you are and such a great read .. you make me smile often. I've heard it can get down into the negatives but I'd rather not believe it. It does snow but not overly much they say. At this time the nights are in the mid 30's and the days in the high seventies. I grew up in London, Ontario Canada with that lake effect snow, I doubt it could be anything like that. I am a cold weather wimp so I expect some unhappiness. Love You Darlin, the coffee is sweeeet and the company extraordinary...:)

Goof off and play :)

The only problem with that--remember I AM the President of the Procrastinators Club--is that our daughter arrives on Tuesday for a few days as she is transitioning from DC back to California and is working her way across the country with her dog Nellie as we speak. And our monthly Senior Saints luncheon is also on Tuesday. So if I goof off and play today, there will be temptation to do the same tomorrow, and then it is Monday with the hours passing quickly and work undone meaning I'll probably be up into the wee hours Monday night, dog tired and stressed, trying to get it all done by Tuesday.

So will that be enough to get me off my tush and up and at it? Not yet, so I dunno. :) But we'll see how it goes.

:D

1551551_413570902107831_1328647368_n.jpg

It's official, we've moved to Oregon. I'm liking the weather but winter hasn't hit yet.

Whoa Lumpy, so good to see you. It has been awhile!!! Moved to Oregon huh? Do they have winter in Oregon? I always thought of it as cool and damp in the winter months but no real winter. But I've never been further north than California on the west coast either except for a brief landing in Seattle enroute to Alaska and we didn't get outside of the airport then. Oh and we did spend some time in Vancouver on the return trip. And quite a bit of time in Alaska. . . okay I've more experience than I thought but I really have no experience with Oregon or Washington State.

My sister-in-law used to live in Humboldt County, NV, and her husband is a keen bowhunter who has hunted up and down the American and Canadian Pacific coast. He told me that east of the Cascade mountains the winter months are much colder than on the coast and they get plenty of snowfall.

LOL, okay I'm distracted and inspired...typical male is my guess...:night:

Good night??:dunno:

1551551_413570902107831_1328647368_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL, okay I'm distracted and inspired...typical male is my guess...:night:[/QUOTE]

Good night??:dunno:[/QUOTE]

As in Gooood night with making love involved but morning or afternoon would be sooo fine also.

My sister-in-law used to live in Humboldt County, NV, and her husband is a keen bowhunter who has hunted up and down the American and Canadian Pacific coast. He told me that east of the Cascade mountains the winter months are much colder than on the coast and they get plenty of snowfall.
I'm about to find out I'm thinkin, moving again is a foul word. I have noticed plenty of guns and rifles around here but I'm not sure if I'm ready to start hunting though. The fishing is great no doubt.

Well that is often the case around here. Albuquerque nests up against the west side of the Sandia and Manzano mountains. It can be in the 40's, even 50's here, dry and the sun shining, while 12 miles away on the east side of the mountains, they are getting 12 or more inches of snow.

Lumpy and I were having a discussion about finding old threads in the Announcements/Feedback forum and that caused me to check the date I joined USMB. It was October 11, 2007 which was exactly seven years ago today. Time does fly.

Forum List

Back