USMB Coffee Shop IV

Doing a small landscape project for some friends tomorrow. Mrs. Customer messages me and asks when I plan on showing up. I tell her 2:45. She tells me good, she just wanted to know when she had to have her robe off. I shot back 2:46. Mr. Customer has a wicked sense of humor, so we are going to get full mileage out of this one before its done. :)

Got my my flue shot on Monday (had a slight fever for a few hours, I always do) and no problem since. My wife got her flu shot last Friday and as always, she has no problems with it.
Flu Shot Learn the Side Effects
Ya... on second thought I'll keep passing. Hell the side effects are as bad just catching it.
The thing is they have to list ALL potential side effects though less than 8% of all those receiving the vaccine experience side effects and less than .0001% have the more serious reactions. Heck only about 20% of the population gets the flue every year. If you don't want the shot (or nasal spray) Vitamin D is your answer, many in this country are Vitamin D deficient anyway.
Now, there are studies showing daily doses of D is a big factor in helping to prevent and/or minimize the flu and flu effects just as there are some newer studies that seem to refute that conclusion. The researchers of newer studies admit their model and sampling groups weren't perfect and that much more research has to be done. My PCP put me on D a couple of years ago, mine was pretty low, probably due to years of working evenings and nights plus my current lack of outdoor activities due to my physical issues but it does help. Thinking it may be the main reason my stomach bug only lasted a couple of days, it dissipated rather rapidly after moving up into my head, something that I would have usually suffered a week from before.

Almost forgot, the best way to avoid getting the flu is WASH YOU HANDS FREQUENTLY!!!!
Don't need anti-bacterial or anti-viral soap, just plain old hot water and plain old soap.
Lye soap works best......... :eusa_whistle:
Well how 'bout that, along with my multivitamin I take a vitamin D and CoQ10.

Now 007 has me thinking about collectors plates. And BBD reminded me that the last time we bought a whole beef for the freezer it was 50 cents a pound. Bet it's a lot more than that now. :)
I guess I was lucky. I saved my old plate that was from almost 20 years prior just because I thought it was cool, and come to find out, here I was able to use it again. That's cool.

Got my my flue shot on Monday (had a slight fever for a few hours, I always do) and no problem since. My wife got her flu shot last Friday and as always, she has no problems with it.
Flu Shot Learn the Side Effects
Ya... on second thought I'll keep passing. Hell the side effects are as bad just catching it.
The thing is they have to list ALL potential side effects though less than 8% of all those receiving the vaccine experience side effects and less than .0001% have the more serious reactions. Heck only about 20% of the population gets the flue every year. If you don't want the shot (or nasal spray) Vitamin D is your answer, many in this country are Vitamin D deficient anyway.
Now, there are studies showing daily doses of D is a big factor in helping to prevent and/or minimize the flu and flu effects just as there are some newer studies that seem to refute that conclusion. The researchers of newer studies admit their model and sampling groups weren't perfect and that much more research has to be done. My PCP put me on D a couple of years ago, mine was pretty low, probably due to years of working evenings and nights plus my current lack of outdoor activities due to my physical issues but it does help. Thinking it may be the main reason my stomach bug only lasted a couple of days, it dissipated rather rapidly after moving up into my head, something that I would have usually suffered a week from before.

Almost forgot, the best way to avoid getting the flu is WASH YOU HANDS FREQUENTLY!!!!
Don't need anti-bacterial or anti-viral soap, just plain old hot water and plain old soap.
Lye soap works best......... :eusa_whistle:
Well how 'bout that, along with my multivitamin I take a vitamin D and CoQ10.
Co Q10 is great but add Red Yeast Rice to the mix and it intensifies Co Q10s effects or the other way around, one feeds on the other, don't remember which though.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hello all! I have been absent a few days, been working and going straight to class lately. Managed my usual five classes this week, although I am having to really slow things down.

My mate Justin will be here tomorrow, I am not allowed to shoot arrows with him unless I do a safety course, but we are meeting for food later on. I am going to try and get a booking at my favorite pub.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay and we're really happy to see folks starting to wander back in one by one.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Justin won't be coming tomorrow. His freezer blew up so he and his wife are off to Shepparton (a good days drive) to get a better one.

I have arranged a night out with a few friends though, so the day isn't ruined!

Foxy, you can take me off the list now. :) I am still recovering but am well enough to be removed off the list. :)

Wishing everyone a fine Saturday. My daughter read herself a book to go to sleep last night, a first in our family history. She also now has double corrective braces: the bottom braces are inserted from 3:30 pm to about 7:30 am. The upper braces are permanent for the next 2 years and are to be tightened by the turn of a rod-screw two turns a day. It's hard as Hades to do. Grrrrrrrr. We're finishing a salad-lunch and then it's time for a long bike-tour.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Mrs. Liberty hates me at bedtime. She goes through a routine in the bathroom and then becomes a deep sea diver (CPAP). I walk in and take my galsses off, followed by jumping in bed and folding my pillow in half. Then I fall asleep a long time before she does. I will most likely die in my sleep....
I've learned how to fall asleep very quickly but I'm one who wakes up at like 11:30 then 2am. If I eat something, just a little snack before falling asleep, I sometimes get a full night's sleep. I don't know that I could wear a cpap tho.

Is it noisy?
If I go to bed before 11:00 I aways wake up at 2-2:30. But bed at 11:00 or later I'll sleep right through until 6:30-7:00

Forum List

Back