USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hey 007, did you catch the season premiere of Ghost Hunters last night??

BTW, how refreshing to pop in and spend more than 2 minutes catching up in the CS.:) My analogy to visiting the CS online and unwinding, is that it's like coming home at the end of the day and taking off my bra...they both feel good.:banana:

So...we take over supporting you after your bra is off?

Can you handle that??:eusa_whistle:

How am I doing so far?

3401.png

Here's my photo entries for today... I almost stepped on this guy today. He/she/it was right in front of the door to my shop. I think it was pretty cold. It didn't look too good so gave it a little nudge. It kinda straightened out a couple legs but didn't move any more, so I just left it. I think they're cool...

2014-10-09134155_zpsb09ffe9c.jpg

2014-10-09134247_zpscdc5c0db.jpg

Mrs. Liberty hates me at bedtime. She goes through a routine in the bathroom and then becomes a deep sea diver (CPAP). I walk in and take my galsses off, followed by jumping in bed and folding my pillow in half. Then I fall asleep a long time before she does. I will most likely die in my sleep....

Mrs. Liberty hates me at bedtime. She goes through a routine in the bathroom and then becomes a deep sea diver (CPAP). I walk in and take my galsses off, followed by jumping in bed and folding my pillow in half. Then I fall asleep a long time before she does. I will most likely die in my sleep....

Better be careful with talk like that. There's so many of us having difficulty obtaining a good night sleep, you'll have everybody hating you at bedtime. :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki and so many other friends who have been MIA lately.
img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I've learned how to fall asleep very quickly but I'm one who wakes up at like 11:30 then 2am. If I eat something, just a little snack before falling asleep, I sometimes get a full night's sleep. I don't know that I could wear a cpap tho.

Is it noisy?

I usually get hooked on shows way after they are popular. I'll have to check out House of Cards
I could not stop watching it. Try a couple. Omg.
Thanks! I had it in my Netflix queue then stopped Netlix after binging all all seasons of the best series I have ever seen--Breaking Bad. Plus Net didn't have Fargo. I may still go back.

Did you ever watch Homeland? It was so good, but finally came to a conclusion. Now they have brought it back.....a continuation of where they left off. You'd want to check out the previous episodes so as to understand Carrie (Claire Danes) - I'm so glad they brought it back.
Yes I watch it. I like Homeland, Masters of Sex, House of Lies with Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell... Game of Throwns. Glad they're all on at different times of the year. :)

That's me too. I hit the bed and watch a little tv sometimes, but when I finally shut my eyes to sleep, I'm out pretty quick, and if I don't get awoke from any kind of pain, I sleep right on through 'til morning. That's not usually the case. Although I can fall asleep pretty easy, I'm usually woke up by something hurting at least once a night. Those rare nights I sleep straight through are wonderful though.

ne more (I sound like a Netflix salesperson, hee hee) The Big C. I loved Laura Linney in that series.

But it is interesting to me to hear what all ya'll think about this series or that series. Would you believe I have met a lot of the cast of "Breaking Bad" but have never watched a single episode? But everybody pretty well has me convinced that I should do that.
I've watched a couple of epis but it seemed more violent to me than others I watch. I couldn't get into it.

BB is the lengthy equivalent and the equal of the British 'Broadchurch".

Finished it last week

Going for a walk and have a good day folks.

I've learned how to fall asleep very quickly but I'm one who wakes up at like 11:30 then 2am. If I eat something, just a little snack before falling asleep, I sometimes get a full night's sleep. I don't know that I could wear a cpap tho.

Is it noisy?

The CPAP is quiet. Folks with sleep Apena normally snore a lot without a machine. It is actually quieter and I don't awake up worried about whether Mrs. Liberty is breathing or not.

When I have may things on my mind (yes, it is possible I have things on my mind), waking up around 4 or 5 sometimes means no more sleep for me.

Last edited:
Took me almost a full year after retirement to learn how to sleep through the night without waking up.

I think that saveliberty is correct in that "having things on your mind" can really interfere with sleep.

Good Morning!
Y'all make me feel better about sleeping. Four days of the week I grab a nap from 4-5 pm to around 1030. The other three nights I sleep normal hours. I have to get up a few times during the"night" to visit the can but fall right back to sleep when I hit the pillow again. I do have to wear wrist braces, tough because if I don't my hands tingle so badly I cannot sleep.
Roads were a challenge last night. It's been below freezing for a few days. Yesterday it got warmer and rained a bit, which coated the roads ever so lightly with ice. Looks like more of the same for the trip home.
Hope you all have a marvelous day.

And I do believe I've caught a bug. Got the runny, burning nose, chills and the general crappy feeling. Second time I've been sick in two years. Last year I went up to the son's house and they we're all coughing and sneezing and sure as shit, caught that. This time it was my electrician buddy coughing and hacking in the van going to work, and sure shit I believe I caught that. If I could just stay away from sick people I'd be alright. Maybe this Fall cold will beef up my immune system so I won't catch anything else this year... hopefully.

And I do believe I've caught a bug. Got the runny, burning nose, chills and the general crappy feeling. Second time I've been sick in two years. Last year I went up to the son's house and they we're all coughing and sneezing and sure as shit, caught that. This time it was my electrician buddy coughing and hacking in the van going to work, and sure shit I believe I caught that. If I could just stay away from sick people I'd be alright. Maybe this Fall cold will beef up my immune system so I won't catch anything else this year... hopefully.
Starting two years ago I started getting the flue shot via the VA and haven't been sick since. Prior to that I would get the flu bug at least once a year.
Haven't had the shot yet this year and a couple of weeks ago picked up a, thankfully short lived, stomach bug, got to get back up to the Springs for my flu shot.

Forum List

Back