USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'll tell ya something... I haven't bought a new movie in probably 3 or 4 months, and I finally bought "A Million Ways To Die In The West." I thought this was finally something that looked good that I was going to enjoy, but after watching it, I have no doubt in my mind why hollywood is hurting. The FILTH, the SMUT and the DEBAUCHERY in that movie is simply disgusting. No wonder our nation is turning into an immoral toilet. What absolute GARBAGE. If I could take the movie back and get a refund I would. The thing is, they could have made that movie MINUS all the TRASH, and it would have been a funny movie. What a complete disappointment. I'm about ready to completely dismantle my home theater and sell it off. I don't hold out any hope for anything decent to come out of that cess pool they call the entertainment industry anymore.

You should do a quick check on IMDB or something like that before you buy a movie. That one is made by Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Family Guy. That's the style of humor he's known for in all of his work.

I also think comedy may be the hardest genre of movie to do well. It is so incredibly subjective.
I will next time, Mont. But ya know, I'm just a sucker for anything done in a western format. I automatically think I'll like it. Not the case here, because there's nothing subjective about the vulgarity and smut in this flick. I put it on the very bottom of my movie rack with the rest of the trash movies I'll never watch again, like "Your Highness."

So, you are saying I should definitely NOT send you the gold-edition of Debbie Does Dallas for Christmas, right?!?!?

:rofl:

Snowing up on Pikes Peak, not surprising but snow down in Woodland Park....... this early? It's at 8500 feet, about a 1000 feet higher than Colorado Springs.

They also reported the western slope areas of the Sangre de Cristos could get up to 12" of snow by tomorrow........ That's just west and north west of us.
Lot's of rain here and all over the front range all day long with flash flood warnings.

Last edited:
I usually get hooked on shows way after they are popular. I'll have to check out House of Cards
I could not stop watching it. Try a couple. Omg.
Thanks! I had it in my Netflix queue then stopped Netlix after binging all all seasons of the best series I have ever seen--Breaking Bad. Plus Net didn't have Fargo. I may still go back.

Did you ever watch Homeland? It was so good, but finally came to a conclusion. Now they have brought it back.....a continuation of where they left off. You'd want to check out the previous episodes so as to understand Carrie (Claire Danes) - I'm so glad they brought it back.

ne more (I sound like a Netflix salesperson, hee hee) The Big C. I loved Laura Linney in that series.

But it is interesting to me to hear what all ya'll think about this series or that series. Would you believe I have met a lot of the cast of "Breaking Bad" but have never watched a single episode? But everybody pretty well has me convinced that I should do that.

I usually get hooked on shows way after they are popular. I'll have to check out House of Cards
I could not stop watching it. Try a couple. Omg.
Thanks! I had it in my Netflix queue then stopped Netlix after binging all all seasons of the best series I have ever seen--Breaking Bad. Plus Net didn't have Fargo. I may still go back.
Breaking Bad was what got me started on Netflix, seasons into it. Now they play on AMC so I get it there.

Great show! Playing catchup hours at a time is fun.
I watched the seasons when I wasn't getting out much. I had Netflix but never really watched it much. Now I love it.

I feel really kind of uprooted, lol. I have never had netflix, because I believe it started up after I moved to Germany. But I have dear friends in NE Ohio (Elyria), they are a pastor team and don't want their kids to watch TV, so they only get netflix when they think there is something worthwhile for their kids.

We've got Netflix, but lately we've been watching so many good shows on Showtime, FX and regular TV that we haven't had time to view what's new on NetFlix. We've been watching The Bridge (FX), Tyrant (FX), Sleepy Hollow, Ray Donavan on Showtime and some of them have ended and won't be back till next summer. Starting up are Homeland on Showtime. Great drama and acting. We usually tape them and watch them on Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons. I also don't like to miss Dateline every Friday.

Hey 007, did you catch the season premiere of Ghost Hunters last night??

BTW, how refreshing to pop in and spend more than 2 minutes catching up in the CS.:) My analogy to visiting the CS online and unwinding, is that it's like coming home at the end of the day and taking off my bra...they both feel good.:banana:

I sometimes listen to Aljazeera news, because it often has news items the other channels do not. One thing it said was that it recently rained in California. I was wondering if it has rained since, as I know there is a terrible drought there.

Well howdy Dajjal, hadn't seen you around in quite a while......did I miss your posts or have you been gone? Good to see you!

I was in California early September and it didn't rain in the area where I was - Santa Monica and LA, but we ran into a terrible rain storm in Phoenix, and some parts of California close to Arizona. There was so much rain that parts of Ariz were closed off to traffic. IH 10 was closed off, fortunately we were already on the other side of the area that was flooded so we were able to continue on to Ca without a problem.

HI Mertex, I have been checking out the forum, but not had much to say. As for the weather, the jet stream has moved again and it is now over England. This means we have had constant rain for several days, I expect it will be a repeat of last year where we end up with serious flooding, and America may have another cold winter. Because the jet stream is curling down across America bringing cold from the north.

Aah, everyone gets rain but us. Hope you escape the serious floodings.....I wish we would just get some every now and then. We're having beautiful cool mornings, clear skies, plenty of sunshine and then it goes up to 90 degrees by 3:00. I hope we start getting some cool weather. I think my plants are happy now that they are not stressing with that hot weather we had been having....8:00 am and it was already upper 80's. Hope you haven't been having problems with the new software. I still haven't been able to figure out a few things, but they are just minor annoyances....I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough.

I know Halloween is still a few weeks away but what the hell.
funny_pumkin_display-11375.jpg

ne more (I sound like a Netflix salesperson, hee hee) The Big C. I loved Laura Linney in that series.

But it is interesting to me to hear what all ya'll think about this series or that series. Would you believe I have met a lot of the cast of "Breaking Bad" but have never watched a single episode? But everybody pretty well has me convinced that I should do that.

That's got to be one of the best TV programs ever produced. We started watching it when we went to visit our son in California two years ago. He had series one on Hulu and we had to watch several episodes a night for several nights, in order to view the whole series before coming home. Each episode is so exciting and has you at the edge of your seat, you don't want to wait a week to see the next one. When we got home, we rented the second season, and I think we had to buy the third. Eventually we were able to catch up with the ones on TV, but waiting a whole week for the next episode was killing us. We liked watching 3 or 4 episodes at one time. You'll really like it if you decide to watch it.

BTW, how refreshing to pop in and spend more than 2 minutes catching up in the CS.:) My analogy to visiting the CS online and unwinding, is that it's like coming home at the end of the day and taking off my bra...they both feel good.:banana:
SHIT... I missed it. HOW did I manage that?! I'll have to set the DVR up to record that every Wednesday.

But I thought the season premier was last Wednesday aboard the Queen Mary? I do have that in the DVR. I better watch it.

SHIT... I missed it. HOW did I manage that?! I'll have to set the DVR up to record that every Wednesday.

But I thought the season premier was last Wednesday aboard the Queen Mary? I do have that in the DVR. I better watch it.

Do you have On Demand?? I am only showing last night's episode there.

So...we take over supporting you after your bra is off?

Do you have On Demand?? I am only showing last night's episode there.
I do have On Demand, I'll check it quick...

:Edit: Nope... can't find it, and it was Ghost Adventures that started a new season last week, not Ghost Hunters. I wanted to see that. I'll have to find it on the Travel Channel or youtube... damn it!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back