USMB Coffee Shop IV

Its 6.30 AM in England, I have been awake for hours. I am too worried about my sister to get to sleep. She has a serious eye infection and has been put on anti biotics for three months. But she does not want to take it, and has stopped once already. I have been trying to tell her eye surgeons don't prescribe penicillin for three months for nothing, but her next appointment is not until September, and she keeps saying she wants to stop taking it because its unpleasant. Not only that but she has brittle bones and she fell down and broke her hip a few months ago.
I am terrified she is going to fall over again. Doctors want her to take drugs to strengthen her bones, but she does not want to take more drugs. What to do, what to do. I am scared.
Oh my Dajjal. I didn't get back in here until just now. It is so stressful and hurtful when someone you love refuses to do what they must for themselves. Penicillin is not unpleasant unless one is allergic to it. Some of the meds for osteoporosis can be unpleasant for some people but there are shots one can take instead and they are not at all unpleasant--one every six months. Does she have a close friend who might back you up with her? Or do you know who her personal physician is and can alert her/him to the problem so maybe they could intervene?

Unless you would prefer I didn't, I will put her on the vigil list.

We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son Mike for continued wellness
Beautress for health and wellness.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing
Oddball's mom for a good diagnosis and resolution.
Boedicca's brother Douglas for successful treatment and wellness.
Dajjal and his sister with the best possible solution for a difficult situation.

And we keep the light on so those who have moved on to other places can find their way back. And we hope they do.

1722064846858.png

Oh my Dajjal. I didn't get back in here until just now. It is so stressful and hurtful when someone you love refuses to do what they must for themselves. Penicillin is not unpleasant unless one is allergic to it. Some of the meds for osteoporosis can be unpleasant for some people but there are shots one can take instead and they are not at all unpleasant--one every six months. Does she have a close friend who might back you up with her? Or do you know who her personal physician is and can alert her/him to the problem so maybe they could intervene?

Unless you would prefer I didn't, I will put her on the vigil list.
Yes, please put her on the vigil list, her name is Wendy. She says the penicillin is unpleasant because she has to drink a pint of water and stand up for half an hour after taking it or she feels sick, and she cannot sit in sunlight for some reason. I was on tranquillizers in the 1970s and they made me light sensitive. The penicillin she is on maybe particularly strong and has the same effect.

Yes, please put her on the vigil list, her name is Wendy. She says the penicillin is unpleasant because she has to drink a pint of water and stand up for half an hour after taking it or she feels sick, and she cannot sit in sunlight for some reason. I was on tranquillizers in the 1970s and they made me light sensitive. The penicillin she is on maybe particularly strong and has the same effect.
Understood though I've never heard of penicillin having that effect on somebody. But then I don't know everybody either. But saving your eye or eyes is important too. I have a rare condition in my right eye that requires an injection in the eye every three months or so. That isn't pleasant either, but I value my eye more than avoiding the unpleasantness.

But Wendy is on the vigil list, as are you for your genuine concern for her, and I pray and hope for a good outcome.

Just discovered this guy's mad guitar skills!!

He's really good. Our son is a classical guitarist and teaches classical guitar as well as being a semi-professional pianist and teaches piano. He runs a music school for mostly kids teaching piano, guitar, violin and voice and generally has anywhere from 60 to 100 kids enrolled depending on availability of competent instructors. There is always a waiting list of kids wanting to get in. This is in a small town of about 14,000 people and he runs the school on the side in addition to his full time engineering job. He also took the training to learn how to tune pianos as it was so expensive having them tuned by others.

Which reminds me of an old joke about the piano tuner named Opperknockity. He received a complaint from a customer that the piano he tuned still needed more work to which he replied "Sorry, Opperknockity only tunes once." (Sorry. When these things get in your head you just have to tell them. :) )

Yep. These days a handshake or a person's word is no longer a valid contract as it once was. Even dealing with friends and relatives, a signed agreement in form of a contract is advisable so that you have recourse should you need it. If your freeloader won't agree to one now--and why should he if he's enjoying freebies at your expense--you may need a lawyer and judge to evict. And I know eviction is very much against your nature. So all I can do is offer my very best thoughts and hope you find a solution that lets you sleep nights. Hugs.
I had a change of heart to live and let live after rereading Christ's death on the cross where he asked his Father to forgive his murderers because they knew not what they were doing. Forgiving and forgetting gave me great peace. In the meantime, since I've been a widow for 8 years I am considering to friend a new guy I met when my truck died in front of a house next to his neighbor's near my church. He came running out to see if he could help start Nellie Belle, and in less than 2 minutes, he had repaired my truck, and that happened about a month ago. We talked, and he said we should call each other. I was suddenly moonstruck, and left having forgotten to give him my phone number, and all I learned from him was his nickname, which wasn't in the phone book, and after checking, I found out my phone wasn't listed either. Oh well. I haven't had a romance for 8 years now, so I'm too shy to go back even though I liked and appreciated his magic touch to fix my truck that has lasted without much ado since his fix was done. He was also very good looking. Too bad about the phone situation. LOL

I had a change of heart to live and let live after rereading Christ's death on the cross where he asked his Father to forgive his murderers because they knew not what they were doing. Forgiving and forgetting gave me great peace. In the meantime, since I've been a widow for 8 years I am considering to friend a new guy I met when my truck died in front of a house next to his neighbor's near my church. He came running out to see if he could help start Nellie Belle, and in less than 2 minutes, he had repaired my truck, and that happened about a month ago. We talked, and he said we should call each other. I was suddenly moonstruck, and left having forgotten to give him my phone number, and all I learned from him was his nickname, which wasn't in the phone book, and after checking, I found out my phone wasn't listed either. Oh well. I haven't had a romance for 8 years now, so I'm too shy to go back even though I liked and appreciated his magic touch to fix my truck that has lasted without much ado since his fix was done. He was also very good looking. Too bad about the phone situation. LOL
Sometimes it is good to fight through shy? :) Seriously though, go very carefully with any new relationship until you have checked the guy out thoroughly. Try to pick one you don't have to forgive. :) First impressions aren't always what they seem I think. I got lucky with Hombre. We had our first date in July and were married the following February and have been married for a very long time now. But before him I dated some nice guys but also some real doozies that I liked a lot but turned out to be real jerks. And my poor mother never did get it right. She only liked the bad boys.

But if you really want somebody to share your life with Beautress, I just know there is somebody caring and trustworthy as well as lovable out there for you. Keep looking.

Sometimes it is good to fight through shy? :) Seriously though, go very carefully with any new relationship until you have checked the guy out thoroughly. Try to pick one you don't have to forgive. :) First impressions aren't always what they seem I think. I got lucky with Hombre. We had our first date in July and were married the following February and have been married for a very long time now. But before him I dated some nice guys but also some real doozies that I liked a lot but turned out to be real jerks. And my poor mother never did get it right. She only liked the bad boys.

But if you really want somebody to share your life with Beautress, I just know there is somebody caring and trustworthy as well as lovable out there for you. Keep looking.
Thanks, Foxfire. I was very fortunate to have my dear husband around for 46 years when he died of old age issues. Eight years later, I feel lonesome with cooking for one and not having my husband who always was kind in his speech to everyone, and I felt so happy when he was around with a joke and gave good advice when I asked him how to deal with any problem.

Forum List

Back