USMB Coffee Shop IV

Got the new snowcab assembled and bolted onto the Deluxe 30 yesterday, and that ought to do the trick. No more snow blowing back in my face now. Local Ariens dealer wanted $180 plus tax and had to order it. Found this one, NIB, on ebay for $98, with free shippinng. It pays to shop around.

snowcab_zpsd45d7073.jpg

Went to bed early yesterday, woke up at 6am, got about 7 hours of sleep..... Doesn't feel like it.....

MORE COFFEE!!!!!!

Got the new snowcab assembled and bolted onto the Deluxe 30 yesterday, and that ought to do the trick. No more snow blowing back in my face now. Local Ariens dealer wanted $180 plus tax and had to order it. Found this one, NIB, on ebay for $98, with free shippinng. It pays to shop around.

snowcab_zpsd45d7073.jpg

Damn, I need to get me one of those for the winter. I don't have a lot of sidewalk in front of my house but I usually do the whole street since all of my neighbors are elderly. They never ask me to shovel their walks but it seems like the gentlemanly thing to do. They give me baked treats for my troubles so I consider it a fair trade. lol

snowcab_zpsd45d7073.jpg
Boy, you really keep yourself busy double O. That will make things a little easier for you this winter.

Some out on the board have a bad impression of the Coffee Shop, but look at the actual knowledge sharing that goes on in here. Lots of good stuff going on that started with civility in mind.

Wonder what happens with a bar of soap in each of your socks? ;)

Some out on the board have a bad impression of the Coffee Shop, but look at the actual knowledge sharing that goes on in here. Lots of good stuff going on that started with civility in mind.

Raised arches....... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Snow....forgotten what it's like to deal with it on a daily basis instead of hopping in the car and driving up to the Lagunas to throw snowballs at each other.
Last year's weekly snow storms were unusual for us. We don't deal with it on a daily basis either. Cold, yes.

Ya know, I have won a lot of hands with an unsuited 6/2, but only when I was in the blind. We talk about that all the time and the answer is always, "And I'll fold that hand the next time too. While any 2 cards can win, Odds are that pocket aces will beat 6 deuce 90% of the time.

I have a hand that I will almost always call with pre flop. That's a 7/4 I may even call a modest raise if they are suited. It's uncanny how often I will flop straights, trips or 2 pair with it. My usually poker folks have even named the hand "Ernest Borgnine" (Borgnine's PT boat in McHale's Nave was PT 73. Close enough I guess.)

I don't think gambling is a sin. It may be a vice, even an addiction in some people. I don't bet scared money. I don't spend my last dime to try to win back my losses. I see when it's just not my day and I stand up and walk away.
I do play 3 or 4 times per week, but it's part of the business I'm in.

Well of course I was joking about gambling being a sin though like anything else, I think it is for some people that it affects badly. It's like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Some of ya'll can enjoy them in moderation. Some of us can't. :) Interesting about the 7/4 combo though. I'll have to try that one.
The Krispy Kreme analogy is hilarious! I put out a couple dozen Krispy Kremes for poker snacks on Monday and Saturday. Wednesday is cookie day. Occasionally, I'll have pizza delivered.
I've never had one of those great doughnuts I have long heard about. I wonder if they are as good as Spudnuts, which are made from potato flour. They are so good, especially right out of the fat vat.....but what isn't?? :lol:

A lot of groups raise money by selling Krispy Kreme donuts up here. Problem is, they ship them up from the Lower 48 and by the time they get sold, they're soggy and not very good. But people flock to buy them, for their reputation, I guess.
They overextended to this area about 10 years ago...they were good if you got them warm and fresh....otherwise, ugh.

Was just thinking the same thing.

Two KKs opened in Tucson and went belly up within just a few months.

I've had part of one KK doughnut. It was tough and really didn't have much taste to it.

When I was a kid, my dad used to make doughnuts.

Now, THOSE were doughnuts.

Snow....forgotten what it's like to deal with it on a daily basis instead of hopping in the car and driving up to the Lagunas to throw snowballs at each other.
Last year's weekly snow storms were unusual for us. We don't deal with it on a daily basis either. Cold, yes.
when I was growing up in Western NY state, we have snowmobiles and used them every winter. Except for last year, it's been a while since there was really enough snow to make it worthwhile to own one. But it's gray and yucky from November to April.

Why would you say this?
I've never heard people talk bad about the coffee shop. Lots of smart people here. Civil too.

I usually get hooked on shows way after they are popular. I'll have to check out House of Cards
I could not stop watching it. Try a couple. Omg.
Thanks! I had it in my Netflix queue then stopped Netlix after binging all all seasons of the best series I have ever seen--Breaking Bad. Plus Net didn't have Fargo. I may still go back.

Did you ever watch Homeland? It was so good, but finally came to a conclusion. Now they have brought it back.....a continuation of where they left off. You'd want to check out the previous episodes so as to understand Carrie (Claire Danes) - I'm so glad they brought it back.
Yes I watch it. I like Homeland, Masters of Sex, House of Lies with Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell... Game of Throwns. Glad they're all on at different times of the year. :)

The new Homeland is just as exciting as the first one....can't hardly wait for the next episode. We started watching Masters of Sex, but lately it seems to drag a bit. The Americans is coming back....really like that one, too.

I'm addicted to Masters of Sex but never got into Homeland or House of Lies.

But, I'm always getting there late. I didn't watch Breaking Bad until it was shown in a marathon. Same with The Walking Dead. And, I still haven't seen all the old episodes of Game of Thrones.

So when are GOT and Downton Abbey going to be back?

I could not stop watching it. Try a couple. Omg.
Thanks! I had it in my Netflix queue then stopped Netlix after binging all all seasons of the best series I have ever seen--Breaking Bad. Plus Net didn't have Fargo. I may still go back.

Did you ever watch Homeland? It was so good, but finally came to a conclusion. Now they have brought it back.....a continuation of where they left off. You'd want to check out the previous episodes so as to understand Carrie (Claire Danes) - I'm so glad they brought it back.
Yes I watch it. I like Homeland, Masters of Sex, House of Lies with Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell... Game of Throwns. Glad they're all on at different times of the year. :)

The new Homeland is just as exciting as the first one....can't hardly wait for the next episode. We started watching Masters of Sex, but lately it seems to drag a bit. The Americans is coming back....really like that one, too.

I'm addicted to Masters of Sex but never got into Homeland or House of Lies.

But, I'm always getting there late. I didn't watch Breaking Bad until it was shown in a marathon. Same with The Walking Dead. And, I still haven't seen all the old episodes of Game of Thrones.

So when are GOT and Downton Abbey going to be back?
My latest "must see" is Outlander. Now the first season is on break until April.

Forum List

Back